Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Brisbane 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Brisbane

(Read 4071 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 10:26 PM »

Will check that out tomorrow Aileen but feeling a wee bit tired just now.
I wasn't suggesting you read it right now, Robbie. Smile
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 10:33 PM »

I'm  understanding your language more and more everyday  Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #32 on: December 29, 2012, 10:41 PM »

I'm  understanding your language more and more everyday  Smile
I have to give Robbie the benefit of the doubt since it's the season of goodwill, etc ... Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 12:44 AM »

Jet lagged?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #34 on: December 30, 2012, 07:34 AM »

Y'know, I'm starting to hardly care about anything except the slams Shrug
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 09:55 AM »

Actually, the way he performs in masters matters too but yeah, the slams matter the most.
IP Logged
batz

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 12:55 PM »

Has Andy arrived yet?  He's not giving himself much practise time.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 01:13 PM »

well that will give you an easier year bbh if you only have to get psyched up 4 times.  But also will leave long barren stretches.   Whistle

Unfortunately I seem to care about lesser tournaments still and especially the masters and after all andy himself has said he now wants to take the other tournaments more seriously to improve his consistency and try to achieve his goal of becoming #1.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #38 on: December 30, 2012, 01:39 PM »

Actually, the way he performs in masters matters too but yeah, the slams matter the most.

Um actually I do know that masters matter because of ranking and therefore seeding in slams but I said I didn't especially care about his results in "lesser" tournaments, which is different.

well that will give you an easier year bbh if you only have to get psyched up 4 times.  But also will leave long barren stretches.   Whistle

Theoretically that should be the case, but who knows Rolling Eyes
TBH after the awful showing at Queens, closely followed by rocking and rolling at Wimbledon, do feel a bit differently.
"barren stretches?" ...No. I loved tennis BM (before Murray) and no doubt will love it AM. Enjoy watching most of the top players playing each other and am gutted about Rafa Big hole in draw now.
Also now we have added interest in Women's game and some very promising, hopefully,  young men coming along.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 02:10 PM »

Like you BBH I think all games matter. Andy himself has said he needs to be more consistent. I think so too after all points do matter and winning GS is great but you have to earn points to keep your ranking up too. So I hope he plays good tennis throughout the year. Bye the way BBH I hope you have a Happy New Year.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 02:32 PM »

Do we know the time of the match?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #41 on: December 30, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Do we know the time of the match?

We don't even know who Ito is playing yet, the schedule will be up Tuesday.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #42 on: December 30, 2012, 03:28 PM »

I don't think too much forward planning was put into this by the sound of things, although maybe there was a good reason why he delayed his departure from Miami until 23 Dec.

Probably wanted to get the full training block in, maybe should have skipped Xmas in Scotland and go straight to Abu Dhabi if he really wanted to do well there. But tournament planners didn't do a great job either - admitting they got the seeding wrong, then still giving Almagro get the bye (though I suppose he had to travel at pretty short notice). Maybe Andy's learnt something for another time, but it doesn't seem worth bothering too much about at the moment.

Came accross this via a twitter trail, and thought it was interesting:
McCaw Method OFF SEASON TRAINING: Training mistakes & how I plan a players Pre season:

One of the biggest mistakes a lot of players make in the off-season, and especially with it being a slightly longer one, is starting too soon on the 'hard stuff'.
Personally when i work with a player, the first 2 weeks is what i call 'Pre Pre Season Preparation', having the player do work that will prepare the body to be ready to hit the more explosive and harder work come around mid December (this week). This 'Pre Pre Season' (Usually last week Nov, first week Dec) is easy, fun and getting the player loose and moving again. After that the real work begins.

Ideally, you want the player going to Australia (or ready for Jan) fresh, not tired. In fact I aim to have the player only 80% fit by first week January and then peaking 100% by the Australian Open - Where it counts most.

Too many coaches and trainers don't take into account that the start of the Australian Open is far, it's 7 weeks into your season if you started training in the first week of December! - Some players go to the first Slam simply tired and even injured already!
However, first things first, before any training is started, last seasons injuries or fatigue need to be addressed first.

Also, the off-season is a time when players try new equipment, so special attention is to be paid to different feelings and muscle soreness (from new strings, tensions, frames etc..). It's the small details that make the big difference in the end and these can be so often over looked by the over zealous coach and trainers.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #43 on: December 30, 2012, 03:35 PM »

Um actually I do know that masters matter because of ranking and therefore seeding in slams but I said I didn't especially care about his results in "lesser" tournaments, which is different.

Theoretically that should be the case, but who knows Rolling Eyes
TBH after the awful showing at Queens, closely followed by rocking and rolling at Wimbledon, do feel a bit differently.
"barren stretches?" ...No. I loved tennis BM (before Murray) and no doubt will love it AM. Enjoy watching most of the top players playing each other and am gutted about Rafa Big hole in draw now.
Also now we have added interest in Women's game and some very promising, hopefully,  young men coming along.
yes take back 'barren stretches' - indeed after I posted I thought in fact tennis is more enjoyable when not emotionally involved.  So looking forward to seeing whether you're able to maintain that emotional detachment outside the slams bbh.  If you do, I'll be envious     Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #44 on: December 30, 2012, 05:30 PM »

@LLB- Happy New Year to you too m'dear wave
@ Ruthie- Practising right at this mo shades tv yawn  crossfingers innocent
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »