Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Brisbane 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Brisbane

(Read 4642 times)
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 11:53 AM »

Murray is on ,second up on the night session  on Thursday whenever that will be.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #61 on: January 02, 2013, 12:18 PM »

If Andy was to make it to the final has anyone got any idea what time on Sunday the match will take place?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #62 on: January 02, 2013, 06:40 PM »

If Andy was to make it to the final has anyone got any idea what time on Sunday the match will take place?
4-6am GMT according to Radio Times angie
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #63 on: January 02, 2013, 06:53 PM »

Thanks Ruthie! In 2 minds whether to set my clock & get up to watch live (if he makes it obviously don't want to count my chickens & all that) or record &watch immediately after I waken.  Shouldn't really be getting ahead of myself but I have high hopes  pray
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #64 on: January 02, 2013, 09:43 PM »

That would be dedication Angie.  If he gets that far, I'll record it.  But knowing me I'll then go and wake up anyway.  But as you say don't lets get ahead of ourselves.  Many a slip and all that.....
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #65 on: January 03, 2013, 01:49 PM »

Good work out for Andy tonight  enjoyed the match as I predicted in 3 well done   Roll on 2013
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #66 on: January 03, 2013, 06:20 PM »

Can't believe world no 3 is playing in quarter finals of Brisbane & NO!!! TV channels are showing it........absolute disgrace Frown
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 12:54 PM »

Can't believe world no 3 is playing in quarter finals of Brisbane & NO!!! TV channels are showing it........absolute disgrace Frown

It'll be shown on ESPN - coverage starts from 3.30am. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 11:38 PM »

That fact was told me by a pilot with one of the world's biggest airlines. yes  What would you prefer - a jetlagged pilot or one who's had a decent sleep - and these pills do not give the users groggy 'hangovers'?  However they're not available on the NHS because they're too expensive.  The airlines pay for them themselves.  Some people though are lucky enough to be able to fall asleep naturally anywhere at any time, and my Dad was one of them.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #69 on: January 04, 2013, 11:49 PM »

Nishikori will give Andy a good test, he is solid from the baseline, very hard working and improving.  Gilbert was favouring him even when he was coaching Andy, talking him up quite a bit in his blogs, so he is someone I have always kept an eye on.

The tennis has been quite good overall, it is just a settling in week for Andy.  If he loses tonight or tomorrow it doesn't matter, just as Tomic beating Nole was nothing more than a small hiccup.  I was very surprised to see how Davydenko has done this week, he was someone I had almost written off, but looks like he has been working hard in the off season and could well climb back up the rankings early season.

Some of the ladies tennis has been excellent.  I was really impressed with Tsurenko in Auckland, apart from the tennis she is pretty damn adorable!  Serena is looking strong for the Aussie Open, I don't see anyone else beating her if she is fit and determined, which seems to be the case.

I'd like to see male player come up and challenge the top three this year, but it doesn't look for happening, which is good for Andy I suppose, but not good for the game.  I worry for Nadal, he is missed on the tour, it is just not the same without him, even though he was something of a nemesis for Andy.

IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #70 on: January 04, 2013, 11:50 PM »

There have been plenty of good internet streams for Andy's matches, as well as the other tournaments, both guys n gals.  I usually use frombar.tv and lshunter.tv!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #71 on: January 04, 2013, 11:57 PM »

I'd like to see male player come up and challenge the top three this year, but it doesn't look for happening, which is good for Andy I suppose, but not good for the game.  I worry for Nadal, he is missed on the tour, it is just not the same without him, even though he was something of a nemesis for Andy.
I think Andy genuinely misses him because he really enjoys playing him, even if he nearly always get beaten.  But that could change if Nadal does return at anywhere near his full strength.  Andy is a whole different player now.  Not so sure about Fed though, despite his noises to the contrary, and I don't recall Djokovic making any comments.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #72 on: January 05, 2013, 06:10 AM »

3am GMT/1pm Brisbane time.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #73 on: January 05, 2013, 07:51 AM »

3am GMT/1pm Brisbane time.

Thanks...but wont be able to watch the match Frown School Frown Frown
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Andy in Brisbane « Reply #74 on: January 05, 2013, 10:16 AM »

Thanks...but wont be able to watch the match Frown School Frown Frown

What If I told you I go to work at 5:30 and still not going to miss this,well hopefully most of it,because It is actually going to start not before one hour later.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »