Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Davis Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Davis Cup

(Read 10217 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #315 on: July 19, 2011, 07:01 AM »

Me too Caz, love early mornings, so peaceful Smile
Just reading iamabritt's comment about the heat has made me feel in need of some shade Wink
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #316 on: July 19, 2011, 07:05 AM »

Me too Caz, love early mornings, so peaceful Smile
Just reading iamabritt's comment about the heat has made me feel in need of some shade Wink
highfive
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #317 on: July 19, 2011, 09:04 AM »

It's possible someone has posted this already but I've not been able to visit MW for a few days so am rather behind.  Anyway in case not, this was on the back page of Tuesday's Guardian - it's a great piece about Andy and what happened on Sunday:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/jul/11/andy-murray-tears-tennis1

My son came home with a copy of a weekly Guardian yesterday - didn't know they did that here blink  I'm on the list to read it yes

Sorry, should have said well done Scotland for nabbing another Davis Cup round clap
[ Last edit by Bevc July 19, 2011, 09:08 AM ] IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #318 on: July 19, 2011, 02:17 PM »

Absolutely dismal summer in the UK so far and no signs of improvement.  About 60F in Edinburgh yesterday - and that was in the middle of the day! 
I will be happy to send you our heat 98 degrees F today and over a hundred the next few days.....awful heat this summer in Missouri and across the Midwest.  Yes, pleasant in the early morning and later in the evening.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #319 on: July 19, 2011, 03:32 PM »

I can't stand the heat! Never could! I love to see the sun, but can't bear to be out in it! My favourite times of day to sit in the garden in Summer, is 5am and then from 7pm onwards! The cool of the evening when all the flowers release their scent and I can look at the night sky, is my idea of heaven!
just rub it in ,while i swelter in the florida heat.!!!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #320 on: July 19, 2011, 03:44 PM »

Yes, Florida heat has lots of humidity making it seem even hotter.  Unfortunately here (Missouri), the morning real early is the only good time, evening time is still really hot.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #321 on: July 19, 2011, 04:11 PM »

As I have said in previous posts, but not on this thread, I spent some of my working life in Houston, Texas.

The worst I ever experienced was in a particular day when the temperature was 98F, with outside humidity of 97. Leaving a fully air conditioned suite of offices to suffer such level of hell was totally unreal.

Within a split second my glasses were completely covered with opaque moisture. I could not see and consequently the only way was to remove my glasses. As I am dreadfully short-sighted the only way to get to my car was by feeling each vehicle until I reached my own car.

Never again. Just give me wet and comfortable England.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #322 on: July 19, 2011, 04:47 PM »

As I have said in previous posts, but not on this thread, I spent some of my working life in Houston, Texas.

The worst I ever experienced was in a particular day when the temperature was 98F, with outside humidity of 97. Leaving a fully air conditioned suite of offices to suffer such level of hell was totally unreal.

Within a split second my glasses were completely covered with opaque moisture. I could not see and consequently the only way was to remove my glasses. As I am dreadfully short-sighted the only way to get to my car was by feeling each vehicle until I reached my own car.

Never again. Just give me wet and comfortable England.
Yep......me too OSS!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #323 on: July 19, 2011, 04:51 PM »

Yes, Florida heat has lots of humidity making it seem even hotter.  Unfortunately here (Missouri), the morning real early is the only good time, evening time is still really hot.
I try to go for ,y walk no matter what the temp but must admit it gets really difficult in july and aug.i lived for some time in calironia ,in the desert,very hot but dry so i always felt ok ,it's the moisture in the air that does me in.    Woe is me.!!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #324 on: July 19, 2011, 05:48 PM »

As a Brit also in exile can I put in my tuppence worth about the weather in Oslo, which is so far north that there is barely 2 of months summer. The winters are long, right up to May most years. The saying goes there are 2 winters in Norway, a white one and a green one!  
 cold
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #325 on: July 19, 2011, 06:01 PM »

As a Brit also in exile can I put in my tuppence worth about the weather in Oslo, which is so far north that there is barely 2 of months summer. The winters are long, right up to May most years. The saying goes there are 2 winters in Norway, a white one and a green one! 
 cold

Spent a great winter's week on business in Stavanger. Boy, was it cold, but I loved it.

So working with my former employer went from Houston, Texas to The Hague, Netherlands to Stavanger, Norway, to Dubai, to Tripoli, Libya to Jerusalem, Israel.

Therefore: very hot to luke warm to freezing to ridiculously hot to also ridiculously hot to reasonably warm. AS I said give me England every time.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #326 on: July 19, 2011, 06:43 PM »

Spent a great winter's week on business in Stavanger. Boy, was it cold, but I loved it.

So working with my former employer went from Houston, Texas to The Hague, Netherlands to Stavanger, Norway, to Dubai, to Tripoli, Libya to Jerusalem, Israel.

Therefore: very hot to luke warm to freezing to ridiculously hot to also ridiculously hot to reasonably warm. AS I said give me England every time.
Lucky old you travelling, OSS! You're right of course,  all extremes are uncomfortable.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #327 on: July 19, 2011, 07:10 PM »

Used to work in London, Summer humidity was horrible Frown
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #328 on: July 19, 2011, 07:16 PM »

Summer here is a disaster, all my beautiful flowers are all damaged by the wind and rain.  We get one day of sunshine and its back to the rain again. Maybe we will have an Indian Summer. Love the heat wish we could get a few nice hot days lovely.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Andy in Davis Cup « Reply #329 on: July 19, 2011, 07:33 PM »

Would love to be there.....

Me too, but all the available holiday time (at work) for September has been used up.  I wish they could announce these things with loads more notice.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »