Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Indian Wells 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Indian Wells 2012

(Read 6710 times)
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #135 on: March 11, 2012, 06:53 AM »

I know your pain, craighateslife. I watched Murray get thrashed by Federer at the WTF last year. That was deeply annoying.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #136 on: March 11, 2012, 06:57 AM »

Don't feel like a 'mug' craig... you are a 'supporter'.  That's what we do for Andy.. through thick and thin we stay the course, even tho it can be painful.
But oh.. the highs when they happen... bliss!  They will come, no fear!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #137 on: March 11, 2012, 06:59 AM »

Too much inconsistency for me to feel any"highs" are actually coming, alas scotnadian Frown
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #138 on: March 11, 2012, 07:01 AM »

That's awful to hear that you've made the trip only to see Andy lose like this. Anyone would be gutted too. Hopefully Andy can pick things up in Miami and beyond.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #139 on: March 11, 2012, 07:02 AM »

craighateslife: Oh don't feel like that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Anyone else you like you could watch?

Nah going to drive home tonight and try to cheer up tomorrow.

I realise now Andy really has an insecurity inside when he plays, lots of defence mechanisms.

He seemed as if the strain was all too much.

IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #140 on: March 11, 2012, 07:03 AM »

Yes, like Rafa, he goes into total defensive mode when unsure. It's his comfort blanket. No good Frown
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #141 on: March 11, 2012, 07:04 AM »

Well, I didn't actually specify the length or frequency of said "highs".. but no doubt they are a-comin'...
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #142 on: March 11, 2012, 07:13 AM »

Yes, like Rafa, he goes into total defensive mode when unsure. It's his comfort blanket. No good Frown
He acted like he was panicking for dear life as the anxiety coursing through his body was worrying , I found it quite upsetting and distressing to watch live.

People should not have a pop at him though as he was clearly not right tonight.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #143 on: March 11, 2012, 07:21 AM »

craighateslife: thanx for that last thought. What the heck is up?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #144 on: March 11, 2012, 07:30 AM »

That can't have been good to watch Craig, sorry you didn't get to see Andy win today.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #145 on: March 11, 2012, 07:40 AM »

Disappointed for you craig. Such is the murraycoaster.
He seemed like he was caught in two minds or at times, no mind, with dire results.

Do we know when Andy's playing the doubles? [though I think Andy has to be playing well for the pair to hope to win]

EDIT: Just checked on the ATP site, they're 4th on Court 7 tomorrow (which starts at 11.00am IW time) Bet Andy will be glad to move on.  

2nd EDIT: Just thinking over craig's perceptive comments above, could there be a case that 'the Lendl effect' is actually adding to the pressure and expectation?                                            
[ Last edit by matchpoint March 11, 2012, 08:00 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #146 on: March 11, 2012, 08:46 AM »

matchpoint: but he bummed out this time last year too, so no I think/hope because if that really is the case then Andy is stuffed.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #147 on: March 11, 2012, 08:52 AM »

matchpoint: but he bummed out this time last year too, so no I think/hope because if that really is the case then Andy is stuffed.
he should have had a rousing week at braehead in the davis cup to get him mentally in the right place .
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #148 on: March 11, 2012, 09:01 AM »

Well last year was his post AO slump. This year he was too anxious to make sure he didn't go out early again.

Don't think it shows Andy 'is stuffed' - just that it's an area he needs to work on. [as if we didn't all know].
Like everyone else on here, I'm hopeful, with time with Lendl, it'll come. Just hope the media don't get on their backs.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #149 on: March 11, 2012, 09:54 AM »

Well last year was his post AO slump. This year he was too anxious to make sure he didn't go out early again.

Don't think it shows Andy 'is stuffed' - just that it's an area he needs to work on. [as if we didn't all know].
Like everyone else on here, I'm hopeful, with time with Lendl, it'll come. Just hope the media don't get on their backs.

...........  but of course they will - the British media can't resist their regular dose of 'Andy-bashing'!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »