Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Indian Wells 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Indian Wells 2012

(Read 7679 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 11:49 PM »

Also...

Beyond The Baseline‏@SI_BTBaselineReply
Retweet
1/8ths: Djokovic/Gasquet, Nadal/F. Lopez, Fed/Monfils,, Murray/Simon, Ferrer/Delpo, Fish/Isner, Berdych/Almagro, Tsonga/Tipsy #bnppo12

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 12:14 AM »

It's often a popular tournament for the top guys to play doubles - helps them get used to the conditions I guess.
Also Andy and Jamie need to play together as much as they can before the Olympics if they have any hope of doing well.

From The Independent today.
Full article here:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/murray-is-out-to-copy-lendls-work-ethic-7537660.html

"You can lose matches. Guys can play some great tennis against you or you can play a bad match. You're not always going to play your best, but so long as you give 110 per cent it shows everyone that you're not going to roll over and you're going to fight as hard as you can."

There was a time when Murray talked about focusing more on the Grand Slam tournaments, but Lendl wants him to give his all everywhere. "It's the only way to see where your game's at and whether the things that you've done in practice are actually working," Murray said. "If you're not giving 110 per cent then you don't really learn a whole lot either. That's the thing that Novak did last year and Roger a few years ago and also Rafa a couple of years ago. They showed that it is possible to win [almost] every single event."

Lendl is apparently saying what I've said all along.. and that is IMHO Andy should bring his A-game to every match, no matter who he is playing against, or where the tournament is.
I've been saying the same thing - and I'm very glad that he now has a regular coach again, the fact that it's Lendl being a huge added bonus.

Even with Lendl we haven't really seen that one last push yet. It's the only step Andy hasn't taken so far.
Please - give the pair of them a break!  A few weeks of working together is nowhere near long enough to start talking about that one last push in terms of winning a Slam, but it has been long enough to see encouraging signs of improvement in Andy's mental attitude.  Just remember where he was this time the last two years - at the bottom of a dark pit which many feared he would never climb out of.

[ Last edit by Aileen March 07, 2012, 12:17 AM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 12:29 AM »

Ben Rothenberg is a journalist for the New York Times.. present at the draw ceremony.
He tweeted:

Ben Rothenberg‏@BenRothenbergReply
Andy Murray's first potential seeded clash is a French Open rematch against Viktor Troicki. #bnppo12

[ Last edit by scotnadian March 07, 2012, 12:37 AM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 01:07 AM »

Ok.. official now:

http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/Scores/Draws.aspx
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 01:10 AM »

The full draw is now out. 

The second round match is either Guillermo Garcia-Lopez or Rui Machado
Third round is either Victor Troicki or Ryan Harrison or Flavio Cipolla
Last 16 against Simon or Wawrinka
QF against Fish/Isner/Monaco

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 01:22 AM »

Interesting draw.  Anyone else looking at other players draw search
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 01:43 AM »

If Raonic can serve as he has been so far this year then the potential 3rd round matchup against Federer could throw up a shock. Three finals so far this year for Raonic, winning two of them Chennai and San Jose.  Apart from that you can't see too much trouble for Federer. Maybe from Del Potro in the QF but in the last two meetings he hasn't broken his serve and has only broken him in once in their three meetings this year.

Nadal has an easy route into the last 8 with his draw. Tsonga in the last 8 might do a job on him.

Djokovic should get to the Semi finals without too much trouble as usual.

The big 4 as the last 4 yet again is probably odds on.
[ Last edit by Geo March 07, 2012, 01:52 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 02:05 AM »

Yes.  I'm also interested in Del Potro, Raonic, Dolgopolov and Nishikori.

Don't think Andy's draw is too bad but it'll be very interesting to see how he fares against Djokovic this time round should both make the SF.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 02:41 AM »

Interesting posts ^ ^^ Very Happy

The official site have probably just thrown a spanner in the works though:-

Should the 2012 BNP Paribas Open draw follow the seeds, semi-final Saturday at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden will feature defending champion Novak Djokovic against Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal against Roger Federer.

Jinx if ever I saw one Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #39 on: March 07, 2012, 04:53 AM »

Interesting posts ^ ^^ Very Happy

The official site have probably just thrown a spanner in the works though:-

Should the 2012 BNP Paribas Open draw follow the seeds, semi-final Saturday at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden will feature defending champion Novak Djokovic against Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal against Roger Federer.

Jinx if ever I saw one Whistle
You're lucky you can get these links to open.  The never work for me.

I suppose am.com making that statement is probably no worse than somebody on MW posting Andy's predicted route to the final of a tournament.  I've never thought that was a good idea!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #40 on: March 07, 2012, 06:55 AM »

If anyone really believes what we say on here or elsewhere about Andy's progress at tournaments makes any difference whatsoever to the outcome...they should come and meet the fairies at the bottom of my garden Wink
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 07:02 AM »

I totally agree with all you have said, Aileen re Murray and Lendl. For goodness sake you are not going to bring your A game the first match after a training session. It is better to gradually put everything in place. Andy himself said he was gradually bringing in what they had worked on into place in each match. I think it is quite a good draw and he should be able to get through his side. It will be interesting to see how Nadal is, and for for once Federer has a far from easy draw. He won't have the advantage of the fast conditions which favour his game. hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 07:13 AM »

You're lucky you can get these links to open.  The never work for me.

I suppose am.com making that statement is probably no worse than somebody on MW posting Andy's predicted route to the final of a tournament.  I've never thought that was a good idea!

Sorry Aileen, I appear to have confused matters. When I say official site, I meant the Indian Wells site. blush
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 08:24 AM »

Still would have preferred Rafa to Nole.  I have a feeling 1 of the Top 4 will not get to the semis - let's hope it's Smugfed but who's going to beat him - maybe DP this time
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #44 on: March 07, 2012, 11:59 AM »

He's got to make the semis here, it's a nice draw.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »