Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Indian Wells 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy in Indian Wells 2012  (Read 6238 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 06:20 PM »

I'd like to see a much more fearless Andy in the coming months.
He must know its time,
All this defensive playing is for the dogs and now he must shut the door firmly on it.
As it did come back a bit in Dubai.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #61 on: March 07, 2012, 06:23 PM »

I'd like to see a much more fearless Andy in the coming months.
He must know its time,
All this defensive playing is for the dogs and now he must shut the door firmly on it.
As it did come back a bit in Dubai.
Yes - he was amazing against The Joker -  but then he lost it against Fed - it was honestly like looking at a different guy - I despair...
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #62 on: March 07, 2012, 06:27 PM »

^^^I think we should cut him some slack and move on,
He already has.
But if he keeps on doing it  Guy with axe
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #63 on: March 07, 2012, 06:37 PM »

^^^I think we should cut him some slack and move on,
He already has.
But if he keeps on doing it  Guy with axe
Chase me!!  Very Happy
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #64 on: March 07, 2012, 06:56 PM »

He will not keep doing it. Come on have some faith, he will do well this year.  I often wonder if any of you play the game, because I read some silly things. It is a lonely sport you are out here on your own, only you, and you cannot play 100% all the time.  I think we all expect too much. Come on support Andy that is what he needs instead of all these negative replies.

I have been amongst these guys it does not help them.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #65 on: March 07, 2012, 07:01 PM »

What is it that we have said thats "silly" in your opinion?
And I'm not willing to blindly support Andy because sometimes I don't think his behaviour is good enough, and I compare that to the other players. But support him i do through thick and thin.
Sorry if that bothers you but I'll just keep on saying what i want & you are free to ignore it.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #66 on: March 07, 2012, 07:08 PM »

He will not keep doing it. Come on have some faith, he will do well this year.  I often wonder if any of you play the game, because I read some silly things. It is a lonely sport you are out here on your own, only you, and you cannot play 100% all the time.  I think we all expect too much. Come on support Andy that is what he needs instead of all these negative replies.   

I have been amongst these guys it does not help them.
I think we all see the potential in Andy.  For now - he plays a little erratically.   I have and will always support him. As regards whether he will win that Slam? - I'm not sure.  The being not sure does not make me any less of a fan - I love the boy. Smile He has given me hours of pleasure. Smile
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #67 on: March 07, 2012, 07:13 PM »

I also think that Andy is a big boy in need of some hard truths.
He knows this himself or he wouldn't have hired lendl.
Not one of us here wants him to squander his incredible talent due to reasons such as nervousness or passivity.
I mean what a waste that would be.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #68 on: March 07, 2012, 07:14 PM »

I also think that Andy is a big boy in need of some hard truths.
He knows this himself or he wouldn't have hired lendl.
Not one of us here wants him to squander his incredible talent due to reasons such as nervousness or passivity.
I mean what a waste that would be.
Totally - but he is erratic in his play.  I'm not sure what it needs to reign him in. Frown
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #69 on: March 07, 2012, 07:18 PM »

^^^Balance and support by someone who gets it and him.
Lendl certainly has his work cut out.
I'm interested to see what will happen after he wins his first slam (unlike yourself Elly I'm pretty much certain its coming).
What shall happen afterwards?
IP Logged
killieboyd
Junior

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #70 on: March 07, 2012, 07:44 PM »

I think the fact that he didn't look too bothered after he lost to federer, says a lot.  Dubai wasn't the main prize he is after, its the slam that will come later this year!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #71 on: March 07, 2012, 07:50 PM »

I think the fact that he didn't look too bothered after he lost to federer, says a lot.  Dubai wasn't the main prize he is after, its the slam that will come later this year!
You are joking! He was bothered - big time. He threw his racket to the ground and cursed himself for about a minute and a half.  Yes, he regained his composure - but make no mistake - he was furious at himself.  I saw it first hand.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #72 on: March 07, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Think back to this time last year Andy was lost in his own despair, we were all panicking that he might not return to the game that we love to watch him play.  Twelve months later different guy, different place!!!  I know which year I am preferring.  Lendl has said on more than one occasion that Andy was the only player he was interested in coaching as he recognised his brilliance, talent and dedication to the sport, give the relationship time to flourish and so will Andy.  Minor blip in the final, but I can bet he was not happy and will be determined to not let that happen again.  He has banished so many demons in the short time that he has been with Lendl, this only bodes well as he spends a bit more time with him and learns a bit more.  Really Fed is only going to go in one direction, he has a mental block against Rafa and Djoko which will stop him getting to the finals of GS's.  I think and hope that Andy will be No. 3 by the end of the American hard swing and that will give him the inspiration to go further.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #73 on: March 07, 2012, 08:06 PM »

Andy tends to mask his brilliance, and I don't know why he does it.  He has the game to beat anyone on his day - it just seems like the fear of being great eats him up,  Always the bridesmaid, I fear...
IP Logged
killieboyd
Junior

Re: Andy in Indian Wells 2012 « Reply #74 on: March 07, 2012, 08:13 PM »

You are joking! He was bothered - big time. He threw his racket to the ground and cursed himself for about a minute and a half.  Yes, he regained his composure - but make no mistake - he was furious at himself.  I saw it first hand.

I should have said at the prize giving he didn't look as bothered as he appeared to be reflecting on what is still to come, a lot different to his usual demeanour after losing a final!
[ Last edit by killieboyd March 07, 2012, 08:21 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »