Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Miami 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Miami 2012

(Read 3633 times)
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 01:38 AM »

:cmon Bagpipes:Not really worried about Raonic as Andy loves a challenge like that.
Istomin is a different matter, it will be a struggle but hopefully he finds his game quickly and can keep the ball in play unlike a FKN match last week ranting lame raindelay censored
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #46 on: March 20, 2012, 01:58 AM »

Istomin is a different matter, it will be a struggle but hopefully he finds his game quickly and can keep the ball in play unlike a FKN match last week ranting lame raindelay censored
Oh dear - I guess Andy is NEVER going to be forgiven for spoiling your day! Smile

Not quite sure why Istomin should be a problem, but then I don't know much about his game having never paid much attention to him.  The only slight concern I have is that Andy has never played either Istomin or Raonic, so that could be tricky, although I'm sure Lendl will have done his homework.  Raonic's big asset is his serve so I'm thinking Andy's serve is going to have to be firing well too - which it should be anyway regardless of who his opponent is.

[ Last edit by Aileen March 20, 2012, 02:01 AM ] IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #47 on: March 20, 2012, 03:01 AM »

Thanks all, for all this + links, etc.  I have high hopes for Andy in Miami.   cmon yeah
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #48 on: March 20, 2012, 03:11 AM »

Oh dear - I guess Andy is NEVER going to be forgiven for spoiling your day! Smile

Not quite sure why Istomin should be a problem, but then I don't know much about his game having never paid much attention to him.  The only slight concern I have is that Andy has never played either Istomin or Raonic, so that could be tricky, although I'm sure Lendl will have done his homework.  Raonic's big asset is his serve so I'm thinking Andy's serve is going to have to be firing well too - which it should be anyway regardless of who his opponent is.

That last sentence is sooooooooooo!!! spot on thumb up
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #49 on: March 20, 2012, 07:03 AM »

Not driving to Miami then craig.... Whistle
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #50 on: March 20, 2012, 07:32 AM »

Not quite sure why Istomin should be a problem, but then I don't know much about his game having never paid much attention to him.  The only slight concern I have is that Andy has never played either Istomin or Raonic, so that could be tricky, although I'm sure Lendl will have done his homework.  Raonic's big asset is his serve so I'm thinking Andy's serve is going to have to be firing well too - which it should be anyway regardless of who his opponent is.

Istomin took out Ferrer in IW in straight sets.  Everyone can have an off day and some day, things just go great for you.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #51 on: March 20, 2012, 10:43 AM »

Not driving to Miami then craig.... Whistle

GOD NO.

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #52 on: March 20, 2012, 11:33 AM »

It is a tough draw but Andy can lose to anyone or beat anyone. If he gets past Istomin/Falla then he may well go all the way. Just really hoping he will win the first match!

I agree, I'm trying to think about the first round only.
Its the sensible approach, all things considered  Whistle
However if I was to look forward i would say that Nadal and Novak were looking shaky and Federer has played well but has done enough. If he can just settle in then he should do really well here.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme March 20, 2012, 12:10 PM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #53 on: March 20, 2012, 01:33 PM »

I agree, I'm trying to think about the first round only.
Its the sensible approach, all things considered  Whistle
However if I was to look forward i would say that Nadal and Novak were looking shaky and Federer has played well but has done enough. If he can just settle in then he should do really well here.
[/quote
I totally agree with you, glad you are feeling more positive.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #54 on: March 20, 2012, 02:03 PM »

I always feel positive about Andy's chances Michelle,
And hopeful too.
Thats why i get surprised sometimes.
But of course more often than not Andy delivers.
And no one wants him to do well more than I do.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #55 on: March 20, 2012, 02:45 PM »

Istomin took out Ferrer in IW in straight sets.  Everyone can have an off day and some day, things just go great for you.
I agree.  It's never a good idea to go by who defeated who, where and when.  Ultimately it boils down to how a particular player feels and performs on the day.

I always feel positive about Andy's chances Michelle,
And hopeful too.
Thats why i get surprised sometimes.
But of course more often than not Andy delivers.
And no one wants him to do well more than I do.
Cold better then tcbm?  You sound a lot more chirpy today. Smile  That, of course, is what's so frustrating about him.  He can do it when he has to - except in ... well, we won't go into that, it's been chewed over so often - so it makes the disappointments harder to come to terms with when he's defeated by some player ranked 50 or so points below him in the early rounds of a tournament.

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #56 on: March 20, 2012, 02:57 PM »

Just think how unexciting our lives would be without the Murraycoaster.  If Andy won every tournament he entered we would be delighted for him, of course, but we would have little to talk about !
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #57 on: March 20, 2012, 03:22 PM »

Cold better then tcbm?  You sound a lot more chirpy today. Smile  That, of course, is what's so frustrating about him.  He can do it when he has to - except in ... well, we won't go into that, it's been chewed over so often - so it makes the disappointments harder to come to terms with when he's defeated by some player ranked 50 or so points below him in the early rounds of a tournament.

Its a bit better today Aileen thanks!
Yes, lets not go into all that stuff at the moment lol.
Maybe later however?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #58 on: March 20, 2012, 03:57 PM »

Just think how unexciting our lives would be without the Murraycoaster.  If Andy won every tournament he entered we would be delighted for him, of course, but we would have little to talk about !

Yes but you know what they say "silence is golden"!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #59 on: March 21, 2012, 10:37 AM »

Andy's 2nd round opponent will be decided today - Falla vs Istomin are playing at 11am local time (3pm UK time) on court 3.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »