Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Miami 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Miami 2012

(Read 3665 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #75 on: March 22, 2012, 09:39 AM »

That's what I'd assumed ie Rafa's side of the draw starts 2nd round Friday and Nole's Saturday.  Am just hoping Sky might put it on red button?  Ridiculous that one half of 2nd round isn't televised.
Good that Andy is playing Falla who at least he knows though after IW I won't breathe easily till he's through this round but v glad Cahill believes it was a blip, which seems to be the general consensus among comms.
On 2nd thoughts, when do I breathe easily at all on the roller coaster?   Whistle  Anyway really hope Andy will come out raquets blazing and put IW behind him cleanly and swiftly  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #76 on: March 22, 2012, 09:46 AM »

Are you sure about that Katie because I'm thinking Andy won't play until Saturday as that's apparently when the other Big Boys kick off.  Also Sky and tennisTV (my live-streaming) don't start televising matches until then.

2nd round starts tomorrow and all the signs are pointing towards Andy playing tomorrow too (Djoko playing Saturday, Andy's half of the draw playing yesterday). Wonder if he'll get an evening match... Think

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/Schedules/Match-Schedule.aspx
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #77 on: March 22, 2012, 09:48 AM »

That's what I'd assumed ie Rafa's side of the draw starts 2nd round Friday and Nole's Saturday.  Am just hoping Sky might put it on red button?  Ridiculous that one half of 2nd round isn't televised.

Surely Sky will just start a day early? I'm sure they've done such a thing before - didn't they switch their entire tournament coverage from Valencia to Basel last autumn, based on Andy playing there (which of course he didn't in the end! lol ) ?

Very odd of them though - they usually pick up these big Masters events when the 2nd round starts.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #78 on: March 22, 2012, 09:52 AM »

Surely Sky will just start a day early? I'm sure they've done such a thing before - didn't they switch their entire tournament coverage from Valencia to Basel last autumn, based on Andy playing there (which of course he didn't in the end! lol ) ?

Very odd of them though - they usually pick up these big Masters events when the 2nd round starts.
Not the same thing Joe.  They waited till last minute to decide which to cover as they wanted to cover the one Andy was playing at but that doesn't affect their schedules, whereas starting a day early would, which why I guess it would have to be red button.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #79 on: March 22, 2012, 09:53 AM »

How do we find out if it is to be on the red button?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #80 on: March 22, 2012, 09:55 AM »

Tennis TV coverage seems to start on Saturday as well.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #81 on: March 22, 2012, 09:59 AM »

An interview with:

ANDY MURRAY

THE MODERATOR:  Questions, please.

Q.  How have things been going with you for the last couple of days here?  Obviously you've been practicing hard.  How's it been?
 ANDY MURRAY:  It's been good.  It's been really warm, good, tough conditions to train in.  Very windy, as well, today.  It often gets like that during the tournament, so it's actually been really good to get used to that.
 I mean, conditions are very different the last week in Indian Wells, so the only positive about playing badly there is that I got an extra few days to get ready for the tournament here, get used to the conditions a little bit longer.

Q.  No aches and pains?
 ANDY MURRAY:  Yeah, everything feels good.  Again, I mean, there's only a few things that, you know, after last week you need to look forward and then look at all the positives.  You know, that's another thing, is the few extra days to sort of rest the body.
 It's quite a long start to the year with the training I did before Dubai, as well.  Good to just get a few days to let things settle down and get ready.

Q.  Have you been hitting mainly here or at the university?
 ANDY MURRAY:  I hit here every practice except one.  I hit at the courts off site in the Key Colony.
 But, yeah, I have been here the rest of the time.  The courts at the university are much quicker than here.  They repainted the ones here only a few weeks ago.  They were just starting to do that when I was training here before Dubai.  So the court is a bit slower.

Q.  Are you finding the courts here faster than Indian Wells?  What's your take on that?
 ANDY MURRAY:  I mean, the courts at Indian Wells are very slow.  They're also very slow here, too.  I mean, the ball, because of the dry air in the desert, is faster than it is here, so the court plays a bit slower here.

Q.  With the Olympics approaching this summer at Wimbledon, how are your feelings going into it?  Are you starting to feel any pressure escalating, or going one day at a time?
 ANDY MURRAY:  Not yet.  I have been asked now pretty much every week.  I'm sure that will build up more and more in the leadup to it, but I have a lot of other things occupying my mind now other than the Olympics.  But it should be great.
 You know, I think with it being at Wimbledon as well that will probably add an extra    add a little bit extra pressure, but also make it extra special, as well.
 Yeah, I was involved in the last Olympics.  I didn't play well, but it was a great experience being around all the other athletes and stuff.  So hopefully I can have a good run there, and I look forward to it.

Q.  Fernando Gonz├ílez is going to retire this tournament.  Do you have any opinion about his career or his decision?
 ANDY MURRAY:  Yeah, well, about the decision, it's completely his decision.  I don't have an opinion on that.
 I have an opinion on his career, though.  I think everybody would agree he's one of the most exciting players to watch.  He had a massive forehand, one of the biggest probably ever.  He could hit winners from anywhere on the court.  Great character.  He's quite up and down emotionally, but that's something that made him fun to watch.
 Yeah, I practiced with him quite a lot and I get on very well with him.  He's a really nice guy, too.  So I wish him well with his retirement.  He had a fantastic career.

Q.  He is trying to find some good players to play in Chile in order to get his retirement...
 ANDY MURRAY:  Yeah, he obviously doesn't think I'm a good player because he's not asked me yet (Laughter.)
 But, yeah, I'm sure there will be a lot of guys that will be up for playing some exhibitions against him and stuff.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #82 on: March 22, 2012, 09:59 AM »

Just noticed that Jamie's playing doubles with Jurgen Melzer here.

Good luck to you both and to Ross and Colin. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #83 on: March 22, 2012, 10:04 AM »

How do we find out if it is to be on the red button?
Actually I realise now it's not Sky's fault but it's not being televised at all till Saturday - weird - so it won't be on red button or anything.  Not sure if there'll be live streaming on line.
Is Andy not playing dubs here then if Jamie is playing with Melzer?
Nice tribute to Gonzo and shows how Andy can laugh at himself.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #84 on: March 22, 2012, 08:52 PM »

Tennis TV coverage seems to start on Saturday as well.
I know.  I use that too.  Just cannot believe that NOBODY is showing Friday's matches, particularly as both Rafa and Andy will be playing!  Well, I guess we can scratch around for a free livestream.  This is the one I fall back on when tennisTV doesn't show matches - http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Miami 2012 « Reply #85 on: March 22, 2012, 09:14 PM »

Andy first up at 11.00 a.m. local time - 3.00 p.m. here.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »