Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Rome 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Rome 2012

(Read 5189 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #105 on: May 15, 2012, 06:43 AM »

Yes, JMDP is an interesting exception. I kind of think he got lucky at the USOpen, I seem to remember Rafa had a stomach tear. JMDP mounted a kind of guerrilla action and took them by surprise.
 But he certainly seized his opportunities so credit to him, and often winning can be like that.
Nole seized his first when he was young too. That's my real problem with Andy, the older he gets the more "stuff" going on in his head and the more difficult it is to win.
Ho hum.......
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #106 on: May 15, 2012, 08:10 AM »

Yes, JMDP is an interesting exception. I kind of think he got lucky at the USOpen, I seem to remember Rafa had a stomach tear. JMDP mounted a kind of guerrilla action and took them by surprise.
 But he certainly seized his opportunities so credit to him, and often winning can be like that.
Nole seized his first when he was young too. That's my real problem with Andy, the older he gets the more "stuff" going on in his head and the more difficult it is to win.
Ho hum.......
I just get the feeling that he'll have one tournament where it will just all go for him. Unlike his previous Finals where he's start the tournament on fire then his level perhaps dips slightly in the latter few rounds (losing the first set but improving to win) and then taking two and a half sets to find his tennsi in the final, I think he'll go into one a bit average, improve match-by-match, one of the other top guys will get knocked out and it will just all come together rounded off by some of his best performances to finally beat Djokovic and/or Nadal over five sets.

Probably more hope than expectation but after coming so close to losing hope last year after all those defeats to Nadal, the end of last year after the US and then that Australian Open game where he came within five points of beating Djokovic have really given me hope again. Next three Slams after Roland Garros are going to be critical.

Mind you, knowing how sport goes, he will probably win his first just when we've all finally given up. Maybe a dip in form, drop in rankings, shock 1st round exit at one slam and then he'll come back and it will all click together in the next.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #107 on: May 15, 2012, 02:50 PM »

MH do hope you're right, whatever scenario.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #108 on: May 15, 2012, 03:59 PM »

^^ Me too, but I think you could be right about those two AO finals.  I think most tournaments Andy has won he's got off to a slow start.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »