Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Rome 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Rome 2012

(Read 5312 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 10:53 AM »

Yeah, having tennis withdrawal symptoms ATM. On at the wrong time for me. Would have watched the Ferrer match had it not been Friday and a work day. I really need to book some time off for other tournies though.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 11:02 AM »

I assume the draw will be made later today.  Fingers crossed that Andy has a fairly easy opponent for his first match - and definitely not Raonic. nervous

Draw not being made until Sat 12th according to the web site.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 12:00 PM »

Practically Sunday then for me lol

Anyway, I've decided that Andy just HAS to win this tournament, as a birthday present for ME! tender
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 02:02 PM »

Ooh Bev, better get yourself a back up BP. Andy unlikely to win. As it's warm up for RG everyone will be there and competition will be stiff.
Also, Rafa is going to have a huge point to make. Just hope Andy makes the semis. yay and justifies his seeding.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 03:42 PM »

Practically Sunday then for me lol

Anyway, I've decided that Andy just HAS to win this tournament, as a birthday present for ME! tender
It would be a birthday present for Andy too given that he turns 25 on the 15th. Can't believe he's that old now.  Time flies!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 03:48 PM »

BBH we can't just rule Andy out, he did well last year against an in form Nole, so I for one am not ruling him out.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 04:14 PM »

"Andy in Rome" ....sounds soooooooooooooo romantic.

Anyway, can't for this tournament. We have a long weekend coming up and I took next Friday off too, so I am really hoping and praying that Andy will make it that far and that, I'll be able to watch my lovely Andy during those 4 days. So come on, Andy!

On a serious note, I really think Andy will take this tournament seriously (he loves Rome!) as he's seen the most success here (almost knocked Nole, the hottest player of the year, off!), so bound to have some great/fond memories here. Come on, Andy - make your mark again!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 04:40 PM »

My biggest concern about Andy here is his lack of match practice.  On the other hand though his taking a break means that he should be fresh and he won't have to go through the process of adapting from the blue clay back to the red either, which he would have done had he gone deep into Madrid.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 04:48 PM »

BBH we can't just rule Andy out, he did well last year against an in form Nole, so I for one am not ruling him out.
I too think Andy could do really well here again, in his birthday week,   pray
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 05:12 PM »

I agree Aileen, match practise is the worry. Let's hope he has an easy couple of rounds.
Though nothing is "easy" these days. So many tough players.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 06:28 PM »

Just pleased to read Andy in Rome and back not as bad as feared. Share worries re match practice but thankful for small mercies right now. Won't be able to watch till thurs so fingers crossed still there then.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 07:01 PM »

All Andy needs is to get past the first match. After that, he should be good...for a while. Depends a lot on the draw too. We'll just have to wait and see. I hope he doesn't draw Raonic. That would be a nightmare. They should meet on a more neutral surface next time they meet and not on clay. Berdych is still in this tournament so maybe we won’t have to worry about him any time soon.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #27 on: May 11, 2012, 10:27 PM »

Draw out tommorrow so we will see then.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012, 08:00 AM »

Ooh Bev, better get yourself a back up BP. Andy unlikely to win. As it's warm up for RG everyone will be there and competition will be stiff.
Also, Rafa is going to have a huge point to make. Just hope Andy makes the semis. yay and justifies his seeding.

Well to distract me from tennis my girls will be playing with their symphonic youth band at the Matamata Festival - they got a gold placing last year so no pressure eh? Very Happy

Just looking forward to some Andy tennis.

Tried watching Smurf-fed today but couldn't do it for long (sorry Daveed). And I see he basically said that you just have to adapt to the blue surface and should he win, I'm sure that he'll say what's all the complaining about Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012, 10:59 AM »

^If they don't do as well, it,ll be whatsamata.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »