Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy in Rome 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy in Rome 2012

(Read 5207 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #60 on: May 13, 2012, 06:54 PM »

Yes great to hear Cahill is with Andy I think he has helped Andy a lot. Looking forward to Rome.
To be honest, LB, I really wish that Cahill could have been Andy's coach, not Lendl.  Apart from anything else it would have cut out the constant comparison with GS final losses and the expectations that that might have raised.  I don't mean this in a negative way, but Andy is not Lendl.  End of!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #61 on: May 13, 2012, 07:04 PM »

I don't mean this in a negative way, but Andy is not Lendl.  End of!
If your trying to be hip Aileen... it's end off.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #62 on: May 13, 2012, 07:18 PM »

I agree Aileen I would have liked Cahill to be Andy's coach. I find Lendl to be a bit dour to say the least. It might work out we will all have to wait and see.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #63 on: May 13, 2012, 07:18 PM »

That spelling doesn't make sense.  Why did you delete your other post - wasn't it scathing enough?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #64 on: May 13, 2012, 07:41 PM »

^Makes sense to me .
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #65 on: May 13, 2012, 07:43 PM »

I was hoping Cahill would still be around to help Andy during the periods when Lendl not with him, so that's good news. 
Re Andy winning enough masters, don't you think a win on clay would do wonders for his confidence going into RG bbh?  That said I think it's alot to ask so like others would be happy if he was just able to defend his points.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #66 on: May 13, 2012, 08:00 PM »

I think it is a bit early to be writing off the partnership with Lendl, however Cahill coming in when IV is not available could be like a breath of fresh air in-between times.  At the end of the day, clay is not where Andy is going to triumph, so as long as he escapes injury free, and hopefully having defended his points, then he can move onto the grass, a surface that I cannot wait to see him play on, it allows Andy to play creative tennis, whereas the clay turns into a sometimes "baseline slugfest". 
Hope Andy goes one step better in Rome this year and builds up a bit of momentum for RG.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #67 on: May 13, 2012, 08:22 PM »

Fit-again Murray has summer dream
Brit ready to rumble

The Brit arrives fresh at Foro Italico having decided to sit out in Madrid last week. A minor back injury was the official reason but Murray indicated he just wanted a rest – and who can blame him with a potential four months of top class tennis to get through.

...“I am pretty good,” he said. “I have taken 10 days off following Barcelona and I started training on Wednesday. I think the injury has fully cleared up – after six days it feels fine.

...“It was my decision to stop playing,” he said. “Everyone has been plodding on. People have been saying that I was much smarter than they were. Obviously the conditions were not ideal with the French Open just a couple of weeks away.

full article at http://www.internazionalibnlditalia.com/News/Tennis/2012/Tournament/Murray-Sunday.aspx

The Rome tournament website is a joy after the Madrid one!

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #68 on: May 13, 2012, 08:24 PM »

Fit-again Murray has summer dream
Brit ready to rumble

The Brit arrives fresh at Foro Italico having decided to sit out in Madrid last week. A minor back injury was the official reason but Murray indicated he just wanted a rest – and who can blame him with a potential four months of top class tennis to get through.

...“I am pretty good,” he said. “I have taken 10 days off following Barcelona and I started training on Wednesday. I think the injury has fully cleared up – after six days it feels fine.

...“It was my decision to stop playing,” he said. “Everyone has been plodding on. People have been saying that I was much smarter than they were. Obviously the conditions were not ideal with the French Open just a couple of weeks away.

full article at http://www.internazionalibnlditalia.com/News/Tennis/2012/Tournament/Murray-Sunday.aspx

You fecking should be good, mister!  Smile
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #69 on: May 13, 2012, 08:33 PM »

Amen to that, Elena. The court conditions weren't the only poor aspect of the tournament.

[/quote]
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #70 on: May 13, 2012, 08:40 PM »

Until Andy plays competitive tennis, he can't say for certain if he ,s injury free....hence the "I think the injury has fully cleared up"
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #71 on: May 13, 2012, 09:44 PM »

That spelling doesn't make sense.  Why did you delete your other post - wasn't it scathing enough?

It makes no sense to me either, it should be "You're" not "your" and "end of" not "end off" (short for end of story )
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #72 on: May 13, 2012, 09:54 PM »

I'm colin time on this discussion roflmao
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #73 on: May 13, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Oh ffs... just got back from my camping and caught up on my tennis tapes to see unohoo won.
Oh well... as much as it sticks im my craw, I gotta give the old guy some r'spect.
But for the love of gawd.. does this mean he's No. 2 now?  I read some other poster saying this would happen if he won.
Please someone tell me it ain't true!
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: Andy in Rome 2012 « Reply #74 on: May 13, 2012, 10:28 PM »

^^
Yes its true. The good news is that as long as Rafa is third seed, he and Andy will not play each other except in the final.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »