Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy is Playing Tokyo :) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy is Playing Tokyo :)

(Read 2031 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 07:34 PM »

I must say I really like the Asian Swing.   Andy usually plays well at this time of the year.       It was great in 2011 when Andy dominated this part of the year and Federer was raging.   Brilliant.  Very Happy

Federer didn't even play the Asian Swing in 2011 so how was he raging?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 07:39 PM »

Federer didn't even play the Asian Swing in 2011 so how was he raging?
. Naw. Remember Fed said that Andy only dominated it because  Fed wasn't there himself.    Lol.  Good memories. 
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 08:37 PM »

prod you clearly have no idea of what a toll winning Wimbledon appears to have taken on Andy.  If I were Andy I'd take Mac's advice rather than yours  Whistle
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 08:57 PM »

prod you clearly have no idea of what a toll winning Wimbledon appears to have taken on Andy.  If I were Andy I'd take Mac's advice rather than yours  Whistle

So do I Ruthie.  Play DC and enjoy being part of the team then have a break don't play so much of the Asian swing enjoy life for a bit.  The article in the times today about him maybe not able to get momentum again because he has achieved him ultimate goal is very worrying and I so hope it's wrong.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 08:59 PM »

He will be fine I am sure. If he pulls out of anything, it should be bangkok, not tokyo .
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 09:04 PM »

So do I Ruthie.  Play DC and enjoy being part of the team then have a break don't play so much of the Asian swing enjoy life for a bit.  The article in the times today about him maybe not able to get momentum again because he has achieved him ultimate goal is very worrying and I so hope it's wrong.
I read that Tessie hope that there wrong.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Tessie I didn't see the Times piece, but most of the articles suggest Andy is going through post-Wimbledon win come down, which I think is correct. I get the feeling most articles are saying Andy might have motivational issues, because Andy said so himself, but most seem to suggest it is a temporary thing because he looks tired.

Personally I'm in no doubt Andy will learn from what happened and will be better for it, but I do think he needs a break first.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 09:26 PM »

I read that Tessie hope that there wrong.

I read that but I'm sure it is wrong.    Andy didn't look too happy with his failure in the 1/4s.    He hates losing and he'll be back.   

IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 09:30 PM »

I read that as well. It freaked me out a bit. Equally I think he probably just needs what we used to call "take up time". Do you remember last year, when 48 hours after the Olympic Gold match he was on a plane. He didn't give himself time then, just to glory in his achievement, and soak up the Olympic experience.  Most of us thought it was a mistake then.  He has given his life to the sport, I really can't imagine him chucking it all in just yet. I am putting my faith in Johnny Mac's view. Murray is well liked. I imagine the likes of JM and Tim H, and Greg R will be in contact with him and offering support.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 09:32 PM »

I read that but I'm sure it is wrong.    Andy didn't look too happy with his failure in the 1/4s.    He hates losing and he'll be back.   

I think it was just Neil Harmon's view of the possibilities.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #25 on: September 07, 2013, 09:34 PM »

I read that but I'm sure it is wrong.    Andy didn't look too happy with his failure in the 1/4s.    He hates losing and he'll be back.  

He will. In a way I'm not sure that I'm too disappointed with his loss in the 1/4 s myself. I don't think he would have been fit enough to compete at this level today. And a loss today may have affected him subconsciously more than a loss in the semis.
[ Last edit by caroline September 07, 2013, 09:55 PM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #26 on: September 07, 2013, 09:52 PM »

Am quite certain it is just temporary loss of motivation caused by entangled rush of emotion and fatigue. Similar thing happened after US Open last year. Last time Andy lost a slam quarter he made his next 4 finals, winning 2 - plus Olympic gold. The way he felt on Thursday will provide motivation for him to be winning again - he just needs a fresh head and body to make it possible. Agree he should play DC for the motivation he gets from team play then play a shorter Autumn season. He will be well up for the 2014 season!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #27 on: September 07, 2013, 09:56 PM »

I'm sure it won't be a permanent loss of motivation - he hates losing too much!  And I'm sure he meant it when he said he wants to win more slams.  It's just that he can't pick himself up just yet to do it so soon after W.  Before the match just now Petch said he'd been talking to someone - I didn't catch who did anyone else? - who had said after they won RG the first time they went out of Wimbledon in R2 because so mentally exhausted after. Admittedly the gap between the two is even shorter than between W and USO but this person was very sympathetic apparently. Anyone know who it was?
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #28 on: September 07, 2013, 10:18 PM »

I'm sure it won't be a permanent loss of motivation - he hates losing too much!  And I'm sure he meant it when he said he wants to win more slams.  It's just that he can't pick himself up just yet to do it so soon after W.  Before the match just now Petch said he'd been talking to someone - I didn't catch who did anyone else? - who had said after they won RG the first time they went out of Wimbledon in R2 because so mentally exhausted after. Admittedly the gap between the two is even shorter than between W and USO but this person was very sympathetic apparently. Anyone know who it was?

That would be Nadal.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy is Playing Tokyo :) « Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 10:34 PM »

I think it was just Neil Harmon's view of the possibilities.

It wasn't Neil Harman, it was Simon Barnes - and was just his view of the possibilities.     He was  really very supportive and actually said and I quote "He took on a crucifyingly hard sporting quest and bloody well did it.    It's impertinent of us to want more"..............    But I'm pretty sure Andy wants more.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »