Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy jumps up in the ATP rankings! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy jumps up in the ATP rankings!

(Read 1264 times)
David
Satellite Level

Andy jumps up in the ATP rankings! « on: October 03, 2005, 07:37 AM »

He's now 72 in the ENTRY (+16) and 85 in the RACE (+37)

What postion do you think he will ultimately rise to? I believe he could be top 5 and win a Grand Slam.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Andy jumps up in the ATP rankings! « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 08:06 AM »

I'm going to stick my neck out here - I truly believe Andy Murray could be one of the all time greats of tennis.  It's not even all about the tennis - there's something about people like Federer and Andy - call it charisma an aura or whatever, and tennis is simply the vehicle they use to project this.  Probably sounds a bit daft, I know, but its just a sense you get with some people - Borg had it too.

Anyway - that's just my opinion.  As to how far he can go, well the sky's the limit as far as I'm concerned.  A lot will depend on the choices he makes along the way, but this boy's been blessed with something very special and I really hope it all comes to fruition.  All going well, I think we'll see Murray win a few grand slams over the years.
 Very Happy
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Andy jumps up in the ATP rankings! « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 02:06 PM »

theres no doubt about it. Andy will certainly be a top 5 player. he may have a few years to go until he gets there but surely its inevitable.
the thing we all have to realise now, is that everything has happened so fast over the last 4 months or so. Even worse, is that the media will not stop going on about it, so we all know about his vast improvement. But from now on, dont be surprised if he only jumps a few places up the WTA ranking a month. He's made all this improvement over the last year, it's going to have to start slowing down about now because of the tougher players hes playing and the wildcards may not be flooding in as before. I suspect he doesnt want to rely on them much more and would like to qualify for these big events off his own back. I know i would.
As people keep reminding us all, Andy will not be at his peak for another two years. I think the best thing for Andy right now would be the media to back off abit and let him concentrate on his game.
Those who may not know as much about tennis as others will be expecting so much of him and expecting him to continue jumping up the WTA ladder pretty quickly and the pressure hes getting must be enormous. This is unfair on Andy, surely.
Having said all this, Id still be surprised if he hasnt jumped up another 10 or 15 places by the end of the year...
This is probably gonna make no sense coz even i think im waffling (i have a habit of having stuff i wanna say in my head, but not actually being able to put it down in logical order on paper or on screen!)
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Andy jumps up in the ATP rankings! « Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 05:04 PM »

You make good sense to me Amy.  Yes, the media are all too good at wholly unfair criticism.  Andy is human, and is bound to go through a slump at some point.  I really hope he is able to handle the pressure - I think he's made of pretty strong stuff though - he's a hardy Scots lad after all Very Happy

On a different note, did you see him go up to receive his trophy and cheque on Sunday in Thailand.  He hadn't a clue what he was supposed to do.  His unassuming demenour just adds to his charm.  He's an absolute delight.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

toilet breaks « Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 08:49 PM »

On a different note, did you see him go up to receive his trophy and cheque on Sunday in Thailand. He hadn't a clue what he was supposed to do. His unassuming demenour just adds to his charm. He's an absolute delight.

Wasn't it in one of his ATP tournaments, that he went off the court for a toilet break and wandered off to use the public one?! lol
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Andy jumps up in the ATP rankings! « Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 09:25 PM »

Yes, I think that's right.  He's just so natural - it's very refreshing.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Andy jumps up in the ATP rankings! « Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 08:01 AM »

He has dropped down 2 places in the race to 87 but stayed on 72 in entry
IP Logged
red?

Andys a human thankgod « Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 09:51 AM »

I am so glad that andy is a human using the smae tolit as every one else Very Happy. Also that he didn't know what to do to collect his awards . I think thats so sweet . Embarassed  But hopefully he will have a lot of practice on winning things and know what to do next time. hint hint Andy
 Exclamation
Ishee
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Andy jumps up in the ATP rankings! « Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 10:19 PM »

it was a huge jump from 100 to being in the 70s/80s....
and i really truley he'll be storming into that top 10 in no time, hopefully by the end of RG  Very Happy
Andy Murray at the moment might be the next huge thing in tennis...Federer too skilled - will slip sooner or later, Nadal at his peak....believe Rafael is the biggest thing in tennis and will be for the nest 5 or so years, but im definitly confident that Andy will be up there in no time! ....it's a scary prospect actually....Murray vs Nadal? wohhaaa! but i think that Andy's going to have no problem! some injury healing, bit of coaching, more training, Judy patroling now and then....hey presto - i think this boy's got a good chance of going down in history with Borg and all!
the fact is time....what will the future hold!?  wink
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Andy jumps up in the ATP rankings! « Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 01:23 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"
Murray vs Nadal?

now to be honest, sorry andy, think your great but it would definately be a Nadal win whatever the circumstances, Nadal i reckon is the next Federer. But i wish murray was better, i just dont like nadal for some reason, apologies to all nadal supporters
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »