Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the Result
Murray in 2 - 11 (52.4%)
Murray in 3 - 9 (42.9%)
Dolgopolov in 2 - 0 (0%)
Dolgopolov in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct

(Read 6962 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #210 on: October 13, 2012, 11:49 AM »

2009 wasn't a good year for him

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #211 on: October 13, 2012, 12:54 PM »

Personally I like to see Andy take out his frustration. It's nice to see that he's human, and it's a reason why he's as successful as he is - his drive to win, his determination to win every single point, his anger/annoyance at any mistake. Personally I find his outbursts quite funny, and I'm sure most of his teenage fanbase would be the same. It's something people can relate to.

As to his language and reactions, they are no worse than Djokovic or Federer. Why do they never get criticised?

Andy is a tennis player, not a bloody politician. As long as he's winning tennis games I don't care what he does on court. I wish people would stop criticising for so many meaningless, petty things and just enjoy his tennis.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #212 on: October 14, 2012, 12:17 AM »

Personally I like to see Andy take out his frustration. It's nice to see that he's human, and it's a reason why he's as successful as he is - his drive to win, his determination to win every single point, his anger/annoyance at any mistake. Personally I find his outbursts quite funny, and I'm sure most of his teenage fanbase would be the same. It's something people can relate to.

As to his language and reactions, they are no worse than Djokovic or Federer. Why do they never get criticised?

Andy is a tennis player, not a bloody politician. As long as he's winning tennis games I don't care what he does on court. I wish people would stop criticising for so many meaningless, petty things and just enjoy his tennis.

OK let me try and explain my point again. yes other players do it. yes Federer does it and nobody says anything and that is bloody annoying. That is very unfair on Andy and I have argued that many times before . However I want Andy to be better than them. I believe in my heart of hearts that he is better than them and that if he could control this temper (as he did today by the way and beat world no 1) he would be a wonderful champion in which we could all be proud without qualification and he would win SPOY and we could all give two fingers to the smugfed fans. Just think how many times in the last few days Sky and BBC have shown the racket breaking instead of the wonderful shots. He is playing into their hands and I want him to stop it. There is no need - he is good enough without it. He has the talent. Just stop it.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #213 on: October 14, 2012, 07:29 AM »

MT, good post!
- For me personally I doesnt bother, (he is emotional in de sad and the upset  way)
- But I hope many more people likes the way Andy plays tennis
- He deserves so many more fans
- We all try to look at the whole match en see the beautiful parts en shots
- Others don't,
- The smashing part will get lots more attention (repeats on tv)
- Most people likes to see positive emotions (including the post match interview Wimbledon)
- Like yesterday in de Federer match; It was really good in all the ways,
- He showd in the big matches this year he is able to control emotions.
- keep on the good work!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #214 on: October 14, 2012, 07:37 AM »

He probably gets extra cross when he's  losing to a "less good" player too.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #215 on: October 14, 2012, 08:30 AM »

Oh please! What about a multiple GS winner? Eyebrow raise.

Thank you so much for the video Bev..never seen this before and never expected to see Roger breaking his racquet!!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Shanghai R3: Murray vs Dolgopolov - Thu 11th Oct « Reply #216 on: October 14, 2012, 02:25 PM »

Why do some on MW always keep complaining about Andy smashing his racket. Others do it what about Baggy (4)or even Nole(1) There seems to be different standards going about if Andy does it is so wrong. For gods sake give the man a break he is a tennis player not a saint. I think some people on MW go way over the score with their complaints about Andy. He gets fustrated smashing a racket allows him to get rid of it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »