Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw

(Read 6676 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « on: October 06, 2012, 08:36 AM »

OK so I thought I would inform you all on Andy's draw for next week.

First Round: BYE.

Second Round: Florian Mayer OR Bernard Tomic.

Third Round: Alexandr Dolgopolov, Jeremy Chardy, Jurgen Melzer OR Gilles Simon.

Quarterfinals: Richard Gasquet, Qualifier, Radek Stepanek, Lleyton Hewitt, Jarkko Nieminen, Kevin Anderson OR John Isner.

Semifinals (seeds only): Roger Federer, Stanislas Wawrinka, Marin Cilic OR Juan Monaco.

Obviously then the final will be one of the rest of the players in the field.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 08:40 AM »

Glad he's got a bye, seemed  tired v. Wawrinka and Raonic.
Looks  tricky but not impossible
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 08:43 AM »

Great draw. If he doesn't get to the semis at least it'll be a total disaster.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 08:44 AM »

Not "total disaster" just means back to No 4.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 08:47 AM »

Looking at it I think it's a winnable draw even with Federer lurking there in the semi's. To me Murray is a different player since US Open. He knows how to beat these guys now and it would be great if he could do so. I'm not overly confident because of the sores in Tokyo but I'm hoping he can defend. Oh and another cool fact for you all. Murray has never defended a tournament on his 3rd time. For example with Montreal/Toronto and now Tokyo.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 08:51 AM »

Well at least Raonic isn't lurking in his side of the draw.   Again no walk in the park but provided he gets his energy back and his back isn't a problem, I think he should be ok.
Can we stop hyperbolic talk such as 'disaster' please?  There was always a possibility that Andy would dip at end of year after USO.  Not great but no disaster.  And to end the year having won Olympics and USO is the most important thing, which puts any losses now into context.  If he doesn't end the year well I'm confident he'll bounce back in the new season, which he and Lendl are clearly thinking about in terms of conserving energy by not going East before US hard court masters.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 08:57 AM »

Oh well, he'll probably be ready, though I might need more time! Glad too for the bye.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Easy win for Murray :p... Nah, jk, looks like a tough but winnable draw, and I hope he faces Federer and beats him once more to cement the winning record vs SmugFed. With that said, Fed could easily go out early.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 09:20 AM »

Andy will be hoping to make up on any points he loses on the Asian Swing at the O2 in London Here he has no points to defend.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 09:22 AM »

How would losing points at Shanghai put him back to 4 as Nadal is losing points and has no way of making them up so I figure that he will still be 3.  He may go below but even losing 1000 would still keep him over 7000 and Nadal is down just below 7000 if my maths are right.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 02:35 PM »

How would losing points at Shanghai put him back to 4 as Nadal is losing points and has no way of making them up so I figure that he will still be 3.  He may go below but even losing 1000 would still keep him over 7000 and Nadal is down just below 7000 if my maths are right.
Think you're right Tamila.  Even no points will keep Andy at No.3 just.

Not a bad draw for Andy (no Raonic!) although not as easy looking as Federer and Joker.  The 3rd Qtr of the draw is the really interesting part with Berdych (as 4th seed), Tsonga, Nishikori and Raonic. Joker should play 1 of these in the semis.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 02:42 PM »

Nieminen might be a giggle for the quarter finals. I'd quite like that lol.

In the second round I think Andy would be all right against Tomic. Of course, Tomic could come out flying, but I don't know, I just think Tomic has gone right off the boil. Having said that, my feeling is that it will be Mayer.

God knows who Andy will face in the third round. Dolgopolov is up and down, I was tempted to say like a tart's knickers. Whistle A good win against Chardy would be good. God knows.

Please, not Gasquet, not in a best of three. Don't really want Anderson either (speaking of which, where is he lately?) and don't like Isner. Don't know why, just don't. As I said, my pick would be Nieminen. It probably won't be him, but a girl can dream.

I suspect the semi will be Fed. Maybe. I love it when I'm decisive lol.

Final against Djokovic again? I bet Novak would love that. Not.

At this point I'm just glad there will be no Berdych or bloody Raonic. Is it weird that I find both of them equally annoying?

I don't follow the reasoning that a loss of Shanghai would put Andy back at four. Sure, he's lost points because of losing in the semi to he who gets up my nose in Tokyo, but I don't see it. I know my maths is bad, but I don't see it.

I am being good and ignoring Boogers. I could say something, but it would be rude and it would get me banned.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 02:54 PM »

Hey, I quite like the draw...
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 03:46 PM »

That looks like the best draw you could hope for.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 04:13 PM »

I hope Tomic doesn't pull a few of his magic tricks when he plays Andy -   I hear they are devastatingly good.

IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »