Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw

(Read 6693 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 04:14 PM »

I hope Tomic doesn't pull a few of his magic tricks when he plays Andy -   I hear they are devastatingly good.

Now that has to be painful lol.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 04:16 PM »

Now that has to be painful lol.

Andy should have locked him in it. 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 04:21 PM »

I am glad Andy is going to have a short break before he plays in Shanghai. I thought he looked a bit tired during the Tokyo tournament. I think he will have to stop playing in doubles and concentrate on singles. Also hope that he is taking care of that back of his tending to it if he is being troubled by it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 05:35 PM »

OK so I thought I would inform you all on Andy's draw for next week.

First Round: BYE.

Second Round: Florian Mayer OR Bernard Tomic.

Third Round: Alexandr Dolgopolov, Jeremy Chardy, Jurgen Melzer OR Gilles Simon.

Quarterfinals: Richard Gasquet, Qualifier, Radek Stepanek, Lleyton Hewitt, Jarkko Nieminen, Kevin Anderson OR John Isner.

Semifinals (seeds only): Roger Federer, Stanislas Wawrinka, Marin Cilic OR Juan Monaco.

Obviously then the final will be one of the rest of the players in the field.

It's not a great draw but then again who knows how it will pan out in the end.

I agree with Littlebudha. The loss last night will give Andy some time to regroup for this event.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 05:38 PM »

Nieminen might be a giggle for the quarter finals. I'd quite like that lol.

In the second round I think Andy would be all right against Tomic. Of course, Tomic could come out flying, but I don't know, I just think Tomic has gone right off the boil. Having said that, my feeling is that it will be Mayer.

God knows who Andy will face in the third round. Dolgopolov is up and down, I was tempted to say like a tart's knickers. Whistle A good win against Chardy would be good. God knows.

Please, not Gasquet, not in a best of three. Don't really want Anderson either (speaking of which, where is he lately?) and don't like Isner. Don't know why, just don't. As I said, my pick would be Nieminen. It probably won't be him, but a girl can dream.

I suspect the semi will be Fed. Maybe. I love it when I'm decisive lol.

Final against Djokovic again? I bet Novak would love that. Not.

At this point I'm just glad there will be no Berdych or bloody Raonic. Is it weird that I find both of them equally annoying?

I don't follow the reasoning that a loss of Shanghai would put Andy back at four. Sure, he's lost points because of losing in the semi to he who gets up my nose in Tokyo, but I don't see it. I know my maths is bad, but I don't see it.

I am being good and ignoring Boogers. I could say something, but it would be rude and it would get me banned.

Why do you say that? I don't think Mark will ban you lol but I get that some people here are very protective of boogers despite his constant negative take on Andy.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 06:38 PM »

looks like a pretty good draw for Andy.... in theory anyway.... altho I always think whoever get to the latter stages of any competition is playing well ...and so its never as easy as initial perception implies.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 06:48 PM »

Andy should have locked him in it. 

I'd agree if it was Raonic, not that he'd fit. Actually, that's a thought, and would be right up Lendl's street. Find a locker, or a cupboard would do, and lock Raonic, Berdych and Fed in it permanently. Actually no, let Fed out now and then, just so Andy can beat him.

Sorry everyone, I'm feeling unkind today. Waking up and putting the TV on at the start of the 3rd set tie-break was not a good move lol. Still, onwards and upwards, for us as well as Andy. He's still Olympic and US Open Champion, and still the best Britain has produced for years. He's all right.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Not "total disaster" just means back to No 4.
Nah he's more than 1000 points ahead of Nadal and the latter will lose another 180 anyway.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 07:18 PM »

Hi all nice to read your match reports from Tokoyo,as i was away on me hols and missed it all.Not that im to dissapointed being as Andy lost in the semis.Will be looking forward to watching him play next week.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 10:24 PM »

^In hols where?
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 03:17 AM »

I hope Tomic doesn't pull a few of his magic tricks when he plays Andy -   I hear they are devastatingly good.

Explains his slump in form
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 04:13 AM »

Nah he's more than 1000 points ahead of Nadal and the latter will lose another 180 anyway.

I just had a look at the live rankings. And even if Andy lost in R2 he would still be 60 points (7100 > 7040) ahead of Nadal in the official rankings. He's 3rd in the race anyway and unless Nadal comes back for the WTFs and outperforms Andy, Andy is basically a lock for YE #3, even if he loses every match until the end of the year.

Hello everyone btw! Smile I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to sign up. Nice to 'meet' all of you.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 06:27 AM »

Easy win for Murray :p... Nah, jk, looks like a tough but winnable draw, and I hope he faces Federer and beats him once more to cement the winning record vs SmugFed. With that said, Fed could easily go out early.
Hey........I was just thinking that very same thing.......about beating Fed again to drive the message home!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 06:36 AM »

Hi Silver Lining......Welcome to MW! I love your name.......Very optimistic!  Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 06:58 AM »

Depends on Andy's back, I think. Clearly not right in Tokyo.
Also, have seen on another site that Rafa will play WTF.
Though why he'd do that, I cannot think. Indoors is his worst surface.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »