Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw  (Read 4953 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #45 on: October 07, 2012, 06:09 PM »

End of story?

According to Tennis World Italia, the man who made an Internet death threat to World No. 1 Roger Federer posting under the alias “Blue Cat Polytheism Founder 07″ contacted the Shanghai tournament organizers to apologize for his comments:

I’m terribly sorry. I was arguing with Federer fans and then I wrote something stupid … I hope that the organizers can understand me, forgive me, and if possible send my apologies to Federer and his family.”

Federer elected to travel to Shanghai alone, leaving his wife Mirka and his twin daughters at home, possibly due to the threats.
http://www.dropshotdispatch.com/2012/10/06/man-who-made-federer-death-threat-apologizes/
What a nutter. Clearly a bit of psycho. Should be charged with intent anyway..
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #46 on: October 07, 2012, 06:25 PM »

the last I heard the person sending the death threats was arrested -  just a rumour though

Another thing I keep having this dream where all the statues of all the previous winners here form this tournie are going to come alive and take over the world lol 

It will be interesting to see the "wounded"  Fed back,   just to see how wounded he really is.
Are you a Dr. Who fan by any chance John?  Whistle
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #47 on: October 07, 2012, 06:53 PM »

Does anyone know what time Shanghai games will likely start uk time? Is it later or earlier?
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #48 on: October 07, 2012, 06:53 PM »

I recall that Monica Seles ,a german tennis player was stabbed in the back by Gunter Parche in 1993 and it was, I think in an Australian Open, a few years ago, that a man ran onto the tennis court and careered straight to Federer .Fortunately he was intercepted before he reached his goal. Since then I have always thought that players are very vulnerable on court
  Enthusiasm and wanting your player to win can lead to violence I hope the organisers take note of the treat to Federer
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #49 on: October 07, 2012, 06:54 PM »

Are you a Dr. Who fan by any chance John?  Whistle

how did you know  Very Happy  I'm a big DW fan  Smile
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #50 on: October 07, 2012, 07:08 PM »

Does anyone know what time Shanghai games will likely start uk time? Is it later or earlier?

Shanghai is 7 hours ahead of us in the UK
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #51 on: October 07, 2012, 07:10 PM »

So I guess a lot of the higher seeds will be later on in the day which is fine Smile
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #52 on: October 07, 2012, 07:23 PM »

Shanghai schedule, with handy clock showing their time and ours (and yes, they are ahead)

http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/schedule/index.aspx

Matches start 1pm, so 6am for UK
[ Last edit by Elena October 07, 2012, 07:26 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #53 on: October 07, 2012, 07:27 PM »

how did you know  Very Happy  I'm a big DW fan  Smile
Me too.....That's how I know of course!  :p  That statue episode was really scary!  nervous
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #54 on: October 07, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Berdych, Raonic and Bagdhatis must be thrilled to be in Nishikori's quarter!
lol
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #55 on: October 07, 2012, 07:40 PM »

I just had a look at the live rankings. And even if Andy lost in R2 he would still be 60 points (7100 > 7040) ahead of Nadal in the official rankings. He's 3rd in the race anyway and unless Nadal comes back for the WTFs and outperforms Andy, Andy is basically a lock for YE #3, even if he loses every match until the end of the year.

Hello everyone btw! Smile I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to sign up. Nice to 'meet' all of you.
Welcome to the mad house, the best there is for Andy fans! welcome
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #56 on: October 07, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Just checked the schedule, shame to see Marray is no longer playing with Nielsen :/
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #57 on: October 07, 2012, 08:36 PM »

To clarify the rankings issue it is extremely unlikely for Nadal to overtake Murray this year even if Andy wins no matches before the WTF in London. This assumes that Nadal does not play before then or at the O2. He has said that he is making his comeback with an exhibition tournament at the end of December 2012 but I would not necessary believe anything from him.  It is still possible for him to compete in London but is not in the draw for Shanghai, the Kremlin Cup or Basel and would need to play in Paris or elsewhere to impact the rankings this year. He is still though apparently entered in Paris.

The interesting rankings issue is that you would expect by the end of the year that Djoke would overtake Fed for the number one spot. Fed has 3000 points to defend whilst Djoke has only 380. The gap has closed to 835 after Djoke won in China and he has only 180 points to defend in Paris where Fed won last year. Strangely the Paris points for 2011 last until after the O2 event so nothing is settled for end of year ranking until after WTF.

The good news for Andy is that he has four tournaments to add yet more points in 2012 although 1000 (Shanghai) to drop.  Shanghai, Basel, Paris and WTP one would hope would yield a positive gain between them. To get to the top in 2012 is unlikely considering how far he is behind the Djoke and in 2013 he would probably need to have won at O2 and then win the Australian slam to make up such a large deficit where Djoke has 2000 winner's points to defend. Something to target?

I would have more faith if he started to get meaner with those not as good as himself. Sometimes it looks as if he enjoys the play more than actually winning? I hope that is the past now. I did not get to watch Japan only follow scores.

How can we motivate him as was the case at the Olympics and US Open? Lendl could be the key. I am hoping that he will be in London to keep him on track and again in Australia. He keeps him focussed.  Good luck though for Shanghai next week when he has to do it for himself? As everyone I would like to see him get to semis as a minimum result. Love to see him dislodge Fed in Basel. I like that sort of motivation and I hope he does too. That would be extremely satisfying to many who contribute to this site?
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #58 on: October 07, 2012, 09:14 PM »

How to motivate Andy more? Let him wear the GB Olympic kit at the WTF - he performed like a man possessed in that outfit Very Happy
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #59 on: October 07, 2012, 09:17 PM »

How to motivate Andy more? Let him wear the GB Olympic kit at the WTF - he performed like a man possessed in that outfit Very Happy

..........  and put him on the clock.  He seems to respond well to a time limit!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »