Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw

(Read 5595 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #75 on: October 08, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Lendl wasn't at the Olympics.

And Andy hadn't just won a major at the Olympics. This loss to Raonic is exactly the same as the loss to Chardy after the Olympics. Andy was simply tired and didn't have anything to go to when it got tight. Otherwise he would have won. Simple.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #76 on: October 08, 2012, 05:37 PM »

What a load of twaddle is written re Andy. Your memories are so short...there was no Lendl last year during the Asian swing. It has been well documented that those players who have won the USO have often lost early in their next tournament because of both physical and mental fatigue. So Andy did very well to reach the semi's and he will as he said focus on trying to win Shanghai for the 3rd time.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #77 on: October 08, 2012, 05:38 PM »

I agree. I don't think Andy only focuses when Lendl is there. He wants to win every single point, but sometimes it's just hard to stay focused when you don't have much left in the tank. He'll be back.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #78 on: October 08, 2012, 06:09 PM »

Nishikori is rightly getting praised for his J open win...however the next true test is against Djoko in Shanghai...if they both progress in their draws, of course.

Kinda bizarre bookies odds on Raonic 25/1 .... compared to a player who just kicked his ass in a final Nishikori 50/1.

I'd go for either Murray or Djoko to win Shanghai...the surface suits them. If pushed Id go for Djoko ...Murray - Lendl aint the same player.
I think they feel Raonic has a better chance of beating the top players, which would be a fair assumption going on previous matches.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #79 on: October 08, 2012, 07:56 PM »

when is Andy playing.  ?  anyone know
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #80 on: October 08, 2012, 08:07 PM »

when is Andy playing.  ?  anyone know
It'll be Wed followed by a match every day until end of tourney.  His first opponents are only playing tomorrow
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #81 on: October 08, 2012, 08:10 PM »

thanks!!  Smile
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #82 on: October 08, 2012, 08:31 PM »

It'll be Wed followed by a match every day until end of tourney.  His first opponents are only playing tomorrow

thank you 
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #83 on: October 08, 2012, 08:59 PM »

I think they feel Raonic has a better chance of beating the top players, which would be a fair assumption going on previous matches.
I agree. I don't think Andy only focuses when Lendl is there. He wants to win every single point, but sometimes it's just hard to stay focused when you don't have much left in the tank. He'll be back.

Mssg boards are all about opinions.... and I don't agree... I've watched Murray since juniors and always been a big fan...however his downfall always seemed to be lack of focus at important moments, never lack of ability. Andy would make a basic error and let it affect his game such that he would lose momentum. He was so transparent Id say most fans hearts would drop when they saw him lose the plot. Expecting the worst. However, since Lendl came on the scene the difference has been night&day.. and his attendance at the slams has made a considerable difference to both Murrays on-court demeaner and focus. Yes... he did well last asian swing minus Lendl... but prior to Lendl he had several success patches where he appeared focused only for the same focus problems to re-appear when it was critical they didnt...ie majors.

And at the Japan open... Andy was getting back to old ways of throwing toys out the stroller ..coz he was making some basic errors...just like the old days... was it coincidence that Lendl was absent?... I dont think so. Anyway, Hey Ho...it was a diddy tourno ...and as Andy says ...what is important is that he gets his **** together for Shanghai, Paris & World Tour.

We are all Murray fans... we don't need to have the same opinions...would be weird if we did.
[ Last edit by ABF October 08, 2012, 09:06 PM ] IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #84 on: October 08, 2012, 09:22 PM »

Very well said. With Lendl combined with the Olympic and USO will yield an inner calmness especially in big matches.

This is why Andy plays well when there is a time limit e.g. 11 p.m. curfew vs Baghdatis, and the whitewash of Raonic at USO before the deluge arriving.  In both cases, the purpose is clear, get the job done in the limited alloted time and the mind had no time to think about anything else.

Hopefully, Andy recognises this more and more and I think next year once Andy has mastered his mind and focus, he will become an unstoppable force. I think Andy will get 2 GSs next year and a host of other tournament wins !
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #85 on: October 08, 2012, 10:30 PM »

Does anyone think that we will see Lendl again this year, or will he be around just for slams now that Andy has won his slam.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #86 on: October 08, 2012, 10:38 PM »

I was JUST wondering  that very same thing Apollo!I hope he attends the WTF-I'd so love Andy to do well there.I don't believe Andy needs him sitting there every time in order for him to get the wins-hello,Olympic gold! Very Happy -  but Andy has said that looking over and seeing his calm expression during matches can help.Plus,having your coach around during the WTF can only help,especially seeing as Andy clearly has so much respect for Lendl and his way of doing things.Even if they're only  very little bits of difference,those little bits can add up!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #87 on: October 09, 2012, 12:33 AM »

I always thought coaches werent allowed to shout players advise? I guess Lendl is  a magician!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 02:03 AM »

I was JUST wondering  that very same thing Apollo!I hope he attends the WTF-I'd so love Andy to do well there.I don't believe Andy needs him sitting there every time in order for him to get the wins-hello,Olympic gold! Very Happy -  but Andy has said that looking over and seeing his calm expression during matches can help.Plus,having your coach around during the WTF can only help,especially seeing as Andy clearly has so much respect for Lendl and his way of doing things.Even if they're only  very little bits of difference,those little bits can add up!
He will be there (at the WTFs). But he won't be at the rest of the events this year, that's what Andy said.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy Murray's Shanghai Masters 1000 2012 Draw « Reply #89 on: October 09, 2012, 07:18 AM »

Andy will play Florian Mayer who beat Tomic  6-4  6-0 in 45 minutes. Didn't watch so don't know if Mayer was great or Tomic was rubbish.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »