Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Cincy 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Cincy 2013

(Read 8760 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 09:18 AM »

I do wish guys would stop moaning about the draws.... 9/10 Andy plays better with tough draws...
yeah but only in the slams.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 11:37 AM »

lol...hope they play James Brown 'Payback' when showing clips of Andy before he is due to play,which they have been doing recently love it!!
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 12:07 PM »

I do wish guys would stop moaning about the draws.... 9/10 Andy plays better with tough draws...

I do agree with this...Andy seems to get stuck in from the start if he's facing a tough opponent, when he has guys he's expected to beat he sometimes clowns around as if he's not fully engaged, until he's a break or set down.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 12:28 PM »

You really could not make it up Whistle. It's not the first time this year either, meeting Becker at Queen's, then again at Wimbledon. I bet Becker loved that!

I think Andy will be ready for Gulbis in Cincy, assuming that happens. In Montreal Gulbis played well, don't get me wrong, but Andy was below his best too. In Cincy Andy's bound to be sharper. I don't think he'll give Gulbis a second bite of the cherry. Gulbis may well get over confident as well.

There was a good interview on Youtube that Andy did after he lost in Montreal. He was disappointed, but it was good to see him not looking unduly anxious about it. That seems the right attitude to me, after all, what's the point in worrying about what's done?

It would be great to see Andy go all the way in Cincy, but I'm not going to worry if he doesn't. The most important thing is that he's ready for the USO. I'm sure he will be.

IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 12:37 PM »

I can't see Andy losing to Gulbis two times in a row - if it's him he faces. If he gets past him, it looks good for an Andy/Rafa semifinal which I really hope happens.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 02:36 PM »

Hello.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 02:53 PM »

It could be far worse, he could have Jerzy, Milos,and other giant  servers. He will be better prepared to face and beat Gulbis and after that there is no guarantee that he will face Birdy in the quarters. If it is he can beat him and or Stan who on hard courts he has a very good record.
Andy after doing so well in the doubles will have had plenty of match practice and will not be rusty. He will have honed his net skills, quick reflexes and passing shots,

Spot on michelle.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #37 on: August 10, 2013, 04:31 PM »

What has Andy done to deserve spoilt little rich boy again at v start of Cinci (assuming he beats Youzny of course)?  It's odd how some players keep being drawn to meet each other like Nole and Mayer though in this case I don't think Andy had played Gulbis for ages prior to Montreal.
Anyway isn't it a good thing that Andy was willing to help a friend in need and agreed to play dubs with Colin. Like others I'm sure it's helping him find his timing and hone his shots, particularly at the net. 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #38 on: August 10, 2013, 04:35 PM »

What has Andy done to deserve spoilt little rich boy again at v start of Cinci (assuming he beats Youzny of course)?  It's odd how some players keep being drawn to meet each other like Nole and Mayer though in this case I don't think Andy had played Gulbis for ages prior to Montreal.
Anyway isn't it a good thing that Andy was willing to help a friend in need and agreed to play dubs with Colin. Like others I'm sure it's helping him find his timing and hone his shots, particularly at the net. 

What do you mean by deserve?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #39 on: August 10, 2013, 04:37 PM »

it's just a figure of speech prod  confused
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #40 on: August 10, 2013, 04:40 PM »

Oh, my bad.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #41 on: August 10, 2013, 04:56 PM »

Hello.
Hello - welcome back!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #42 on: August 10, 2013, 05:47 PM »

Andy's draw.  Gulbis Fognini , Berdych Nadal Djokovic.   

fainting

I have a strong feeling Andy won't face Berdych if he gets till there.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 05:54 PM »

Why the hell do we have 3 Cincy threads?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #44 on: August 10, 2013, 06:02 PM »

Lol sabine, it's getting like a Hydra!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »