Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Cincy 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Cincy 2013

(Read 8259 times)
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #60 on: August 11, 2013, 07:59 PM »

No Lendl at Andy's double's match today, hope he's with Andy at Cincy and through to the US Open.

Don't know about Andy, but I find the sight of Lendl at Andy's side very reassuring!
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #61 on: August 11, 2013, 08:07 PM »

No Lendl at Andy's double's match today, hope he's with Andy at Cincy and through to the US Open.

Don't know about Andy, but I find the sight of Lendl at Andy's side very reassuring!

It makes me wonder whether Lendl supported Andys decison to stay w Colin for dubs rather than heading over to Cincy early to get acclimatised.

I suppose they'll not agree on everything and Andy is his own man and a very loyal friend.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #62 on: August 11, 2013, 08:44 PM »

Ivan wouldn't dream about showing his face at a doubles match.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #63 on: August 11, 2013, 09:35 PM »

I'd rather Andy just prepare for USO rather than worry too much about cincy. I think playing Novak or Rafa before USO may actually not help. especially Rafa having not played a competitve match since 2011 it would be a perfect opportunity for Rafa to examine Andys game, and come up with a winning strategy. A bit like what happened to Novak at Monte Carlo than what followed at RG.  
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #64 on: August 11, 2013, 11:04 PM »

I'd rather Andy just prepare for USO rather than worry too much about cincy. I think playing Novak or Rafa before USO may actually not help. especially Rafa having not played a competitve match since 2011 it would be a perfect opportunity for Rafa to examine Andys game, and come up with a winning strategy. A bit like what happened to Novak at Monte Carlo than what followed at RG. 

The door swings both way, it would allow Andy to examine Rafa's game and come up with a winning strategy.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #65 on: August 11, 2013, 11:36 PM »

Whatever Andy & his team need to do beat Nadal they need to work on asap... Nadal , to me , looks the man to beat. He is playing better on hard court than ive ever seen him. To win the USOpen Andy will have to find a way past him. His injury looks to be behind him . He has looked ominous the SF and F of the masters.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #66 on: August 11, 2013, 11:50 PM »

Whatever Andy & his team need to do beat Nadal they need to work on asap... Nadal , to me , looks the man to beat. He is playing better on hard court than ive ever seen him. To win the USOpen Andy will have to find a way past him. His injury looks to be behind him . He has looked ominous the SF and F of the masters.
Do what they did in Tokyo. I want bagels
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #67 on: August 12, 2013, 12:13 AM »

I tell you what Cincy needs is a god damn better looking trophy.   Ain't nobody wants that weird looking vase.
Looks like a cremation urn to me.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #68 on: August 12, 2013, 12:20 AM »

The good thing now that Nadal is in the Montreal final is that Andy is less likely to lose to him in the SFs here. And if he does with Nadal being in both finals he will surely be a little bit fatigued going into the US Open which is always a positive.
What you say is true, Laundry. Nevertheless, I'd rather see an in-form-Andy take on Rafa and beat him, on a level playing field, rather than hoping for Andy to win because of the opponents fatigue.
No joy in that for me.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #69 on: August 12, 2013, 01:06 AM »

Do what they did in Tokyo. I want bagels

Yeah of course we all do. I think tho that Nadal is playing better than he was then ...so will be a tougher proposition when they do meet. Will be very interesting to see if Andy can beat an inform and injury free Rafa in a slam and win it. If Andy can do that ...id say regardless of ranking points...that he is the No1 player in tennis at the moment.
[ Last edit by ABF August 12, 2013, 01:10 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #70 on: August 12, 2013, 04:35 AM »

It makes me wonder whether Lendl supported Andys decison to stay w Colin for dubs rather than heading over to Cincy early to get acclimatised.
Lendl played doubles himself, in fact he had six doubles titles, so I'm sure he'd rather Andy have more match practice in Montreal than spend extra time in Cincy on the practice courts, although perhaps he didn't envisage the pair getting to the finals!  Also doubles was the ideal way to sharpen him up with the minimum expenditure of energy.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 12, 2013, 04:38 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #71 on: August 12, 2013, 06:33 AM »

^  Yes, I thought so too Aileen!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #72 on: August 12, 2013, 07:11 AM »

Good luck Andy yahooo

And don't forget to whop Gulbis..... if he gets past Youzny of course  Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #73 on: August 12, 2013, 09:05 AM »

as far as I can see Gulbis and Youzny aren't playing today, which means Andy can't play before Wednesday.  I was hoping they'd give him till Wednesday anyway so he has more time to acclimatise to Cinci.  Wasn't there some big golf match on in the US yesterday?  No doubt Lendl was watching that.   
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #74 on: August 12, 2013, 10:02 AM »

Lendl played doubles himself, in fact he had six doubles titles, so I'm sure he'd rather Andy have more match practice in Montreal than spend extra time in Cincy on the practice courts, although perhaps he didn't envisage the pair getting to the finals!  Also doubles was the ideal way to sharpen him up with the minimum expenditure of energy.

Just to reinforce what you're saying Aileen, I seem to remember reading or hearing (I can't remember which just now, my brain has gone lol) someone say that what Andy needed was matches, not more practice, so the doubles was a good thing for him to have. They made the point about it being a good way to get the practice in without using too much energy too.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »