Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Cincy 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Cincy 2013

(Read 9073 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #105 on: August 12, 2013, 10:07 PM »

because Andy's genius doesn't lie in hard work prod even though he is of course a prodigiously hard worker.  And yes you are of course within your rights to use whatever nickname you like; and we're within our rights to say we don't like it without being labelled 'sissies'  (not by you I hasten to add)  w00t
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #106 on: August 12, 2013, 10:10 PM »

Aww...is he away long linda
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #107 on: August 12, 2013, 10:21 PM »

because Andy's genius doesn't lie in hard work prod even though he is of course a prodigiously hard worker.  And yes you are of course within your rights to use whatever nickname you like; and we're within our rights to say we don't like it without being labelled 'sissies'  (not by you I hasten to add)  w00t

I don't mind that people don't like it Smile. Like I said each to their own. I am sure Andy has numerous different nicknames created for him by his fans.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #108 on: August 12, 2013, 10:23 PM »

I'm gonna start calling Andy the geniusbot
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #109 on: August 12, 2013, 10:24 PM »

I'm gonna start calling Andy the geniusbot

Muzz-Bot sounds good too.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #110 on: August 13, 2013, 12:05 AM »

Tradesmen are hard workers, how is that pedestrian ?

Oh well.

Like I said, people don't have to use the nickname, I am well within my rights to use it though.
Good for you.  Personally though I find tradesmen unreliable.  Most are very good and turn up when they say they will, but unfortunately quite a lot of them are *****

Anyway Andy is good enough for me, and I've no reason to change it.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #111 on: August 13, 2013, 12:35 AM »

Anyway Andy is good enough for me, and I've no reason to change it.

here, here!

Although i do have a soft spot for slamray.
IP Logged
Moozza

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #112 on: August 13, 2013, 12:54 AM »

here, here!

Although i do have a soft spot for slamray.

Slamray was so 2012. It's Multislamray now. Get with the times.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #113 on: August 13, 2013, 02:08 AM »

Gulbis vs Youzhny, 2nd on Grandstand, i.e. around 5:30 - 6 pm, so we'll know pretty quickly which of them is Andy's opponent.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #114 on: August 13, 2013, 03:16 AM »

People can call Andy whatever nickname they want.... whatever floats yer boat. I wouldnt pick 'The tradesman' myself ...but at least its something different to the usual n'names being spun out.

That said... can't imagine too many parents with a kid so talented he/she can reach elite level in their field and wanting them to be compared to a tradesman... trades are noble and often hard working professions that require a level of learned skills...(well the old school ones were..nowadays I can have a quickie read of a DIY book and do most of that work myself and to just as good a standard...and on time rather than 3 months later lol). Andy is an elite sportsman ...who has worked very hard to reach his potential....but thats the thing ...he also has extraordinary raw talent that separates him from the majority of  ...some of which cannot be learned. Id say that comparing him to a tradesman is a pretty underwhelming spin and doesnt do justice to his raw talent. Most trades are a learned skill... but a large part of the population could learn them if they put their minds to it.

Hey ho tho... whatever floats the boaty.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #115 on: August 13, 2013, 11:18 AM »

People can call Andy whatever nickname they want.... whatever floats yer boat. I wouldnt pick 'The tradesman' myself ...but at least its something different to the usual n'names being spun out.

That said... can't imagine too many parents with a kid so talented he/she can reach elite level in their field and wanting them to be compared to a tradesman... trades are noble and often hard working professions that require a level of learned skills...(well the old school ones were..nowadays I can have a quickie read of a DIY book and do most of that work myself and to just as good a standard...and on time rather than 3 months later lol). Andy is an elite sportsman ...who has worked very hard to reach his potential....but thats the thing ...he also has extraordinary raw talent that separates him from the majority of  ...some of which cannot be learned. Id say that comparing him to a tradesman is a pretty underwhelming spin and doesnt do justice to his raw talent. Most trades are a learned skill... but a large part of the population could learn them if they put their minds to it.

Hey ho tho... whatever floats the boaty.

+1.  Andy is more craftsman than tradesman, more artist than artisan, more....   Oh, you get the drift!

To me, he's a genius.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #116 on: August 13, 2013, 11:19 AM »

and so say all of us  yay
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #117 on: August 13, 2013, 01:59 PM »

Murray says he and Lendl worked little on form, mostly needing to talk to a grand slam winner b/c he "felt like a loser".

"The last year for me has changed my perception of myself."
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #118 on: August 13, 2013, 03:08 PM »

thought that was interesting too bhs in that very good interview on news articles thread. But while I'm sure he's right that Lendl's impact has been largely psychological I think Lendl has also helped him improve his forehand no end and generally play less defensively - though of course these might be linked to Andy feeling better about himself.
IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

Re: Andy at Cincy 2013 « Reply #119 on: August 13, 2013, 04:27 PM »

thought that was interesting too bhs in that very good interview on news articles thread. But while I'm sure he's right that Lendl's impact has been largely psychological I think Lendl has also helped him improve his forehand no end and generally play less defensively - though of course these might be linked to Andy feeling better about himself.

i am ok vith you Ruthie , i think the same
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »