Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia

(Read 4912 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 02:31 PM »

Nishikori is not exactly good on clay though, Andy should deal with him, easily.

Also the old man isn't making the final.
Aye but you were also adamant Simon wouldn't make the 3rd round this week, so I'll take your post with a pinch of salt. We'll see next week won't we. Only person I can see stopping Federer personally is Del Potro.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 03:04 PM »

It's a decent draw for Andy. If he could get a few matches here, it will come handy come RG. All decent players on clay in his qtr and I believe that's a good thing. What better way to improve on clay.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 03:43 PM »

The draw was released today (11.05.13) and it looks to be a bumpy ride for Andy, but one that if in the right mindset he could triumph in.

R1: Bye
R2: N. Davydenko/M. Granollers
R3: F. Lopez/J. Chardy/P. Lorenzi/K. Nishikori
QF: J.M. Del Potro/Q/X. Malisse/J. Monaco/B. Paire/J. Benneteau/N. Almagro
SF (seeds only): R. Federer/T. Haas/R. Gasquet/J. W. Tsonga

The draw looks good.  Dont know why but have this feeling that Andy wont be facing Del Potro in the QF, maybe Almagro.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 03:44 PM »

Also, LOL at Ferrer drawing Nadal again.

Not fixed at all.

How many times have they faced other since Raf's return?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 03:48 PM »

How many times have they faced other since Raf's return?

Twice.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 03:48 PM »

Aye but you were also adamant Simon wouldn't make the 3rd round this week, so I'll take your post with a pinch of salt. We'll see next week won't we. Only person I can see stopping Federer personally is Del Potro.

Haas?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 03:51 PM »

Twice.

Was the first time in some ATP 500 tournament? Sorry, cant remember their first meeting at all...
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 03:57 PM »

Aye but one prediction wrong doesn't mean I'll be wrong here also.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 04:11 PM »

Was the first time in some ATP 500 tournament? Sorry, cant remember their first meeting at all...
Acapulco.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 04:20 PM »

The draw looks good.  Dont know why but have this feeling that Andy wont be facing Del Potro in the QF, maybe Almagro.
Agreed - he won't be facing DP in the Qtrs and he won't be playing Smugfed either.  This is a fantastic draw for Andy (hope he gets it again at RG).  Djoker's got a stinker of a draw which includes the world's best Swiss player.  So, in his Qtr, Andy has avoided Bersh*t, Raonic, Stan, Dimitrov, and Nadal = Result.  The only possible improvement might have been Tsonga instead of DP.

Andy looked good against Berdych, just needs to convert Break points.  In Rome he'll be better again as his movement on clay continues to improve.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 04:20 PM »

Acapulco.

Oh yeah, now I remember. Ferrer was bageled in one of the sets. Wink
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 04:25 PM »

Doesn't seem too bad a draw for Andy. I think he'll get the QFs again this week, probably losing to Del Potro.

With Rafa drawing Ferrer again in the QF, the number 4 seeding for the French Open is in his hands. He has to win both Madrid and Rome to do so and for Ferrer not to get to the SF - it's still a tough ask though, with a possible SF meeting with Novak.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 04:29 PM »

Doesn't seem too bad a draw for Andy. I think he'll get the QFs again this week, probably losing to Del Potro.

With Rafa drawing Ferrer again in the QF, the number 4 seeding for the French Open is in his hands. He has to win both Madrid and Rome to do so and for Ferrer not to get to the SF - it's still a tough ask though, with a possible SF meeting with Novak.
It all comes down to Djokovic. He's the only one who can stop Nadal.

Mixed feelings about Nadal getting back to #4 (from Andy's perspective). With him at #5 it leaves the risk of Andy drawing him in the QFs.. but equally leaves him the chance of avoiding all three of the big 4 in his half.

Then again, given the surface, Berdych, Del Potro and Ferrer are all equally as formidable anyway so it might not really matter.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 04:32 PM »

I was'nt expecting Murray to play Rome . At last he'll get some more match practice I'm convinced that is what he needs.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at the 2013 Internazionali BNL d'Italia « Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 05:22 PM »

I think it's a decent draw.  yay
The other side's loaded. If he goes deep think he's got a better chance of beating Fed than beating Nole or Rafs.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »