Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at the US Open 2014

(Read 8085 times)
sickboy1888
Junior

Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « on: August 16, 2014, 10:48 AM »

I know its been a tough year and Andy has probably had as poor a year as he has ever had

The truth is that whilst before the big 4 players as they were known as for the last 5 years are not as feared as they may have been even just a year ago. The new breed are here to compete

That's the negative. On the positive mind Andy is still one of the top 8 players in tennis today (even though he ranked 9 at the moment) and any slam he enters he will be competitive as shown at all 3 slams he played this year where he got to at least the 1/4 finals

With a bit of luck (maybe a nice easy draw for the first 3 rounds to help him settle) then once it gets to the second week I am confident our man can get to the semi finals and from that position depending who is in the semi finals with him he may just have as a good a chance as anyone to go onto the final and compete.

I really believe Andy just needs a few good performance in either the US Open or even the Asian swing to kick start his career and get back to being more competitive in future events.

Come on Andy lets shock the world in the next few weeks. Lets get number 3  yay

IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:45 PM »

The fact that he will now be totally written off for the USO may not be a bad thing.
Let the younger supposed future stars take some pressure. Meantime andy can just take a game at a time and see what happens. He can still do some damage within whatever draw he gets
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 04:13 PM »

I agree he can still do well Djokovic has not been playing well and I don't think Rafa will play. Also Stan hasn't been great either and I haven't seen comments about him or Djokovic. We all have to take the rough with the smooth otherwise life would be very boring.Also Berdych has notplayed well either. Whistle
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 07:46 PM »

Do we know if Andy will be no 8 seed if Nadal is Out?
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 08:00 PM »

Do we know if Andy will be no 8 seed if Nadal is Out?

He will be yes. But i have a feeling Nadal will play.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 09:06 PM »

I know its been a tough year and Andy has probably had as poor a year as he has ever had

The truth is that whilst before the big 4 players as they were known as for the last 5 years are not as feared as they may have been even just a year ago. The new breed are here to compete

That's the negative. On the positive mind Andy is still one of the top 8 players in tennis today (even though he ranked 9 at the moment) and any slam he enters he will be competitive as shown at all 3 slams he played this year where he got to at least the 1/4 finals

With a bit of luck (maybe a nice easy draw for the first 3 rounds to help him settle) then once it gets to the second week I am confident our man can get to the semi finals and from that position depending who is in the semi finals with him he may just have as a good a chance as anyone to go onto the final and compete.

I really believe Andy just needs a few good performance in either the US Open or even the Asian swing to kick start his career and get back to being more competitive in future events.

Come on Andy lets shock the world in the next few weeks. Lets get number 3  yay

I agree , still think Andy is going to do well next few months , life is full of surprises and no one knows what's around the corner , c'mon Andy .
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 11:06 PM »

I agree he can still do well Djokovic has not been playing well and I don't think Rafa will play. Also Stan hasn't been great either and I haven't seen comments about him or Djokovic. We all have to take the rough with the smooth otherwise life would be very boring.Also Berdych has notplayed well either. Whistle

Yeah true enough...but they have also won against top players at important events and won important events in the same period as Andy has struggled.

To me its sadly looking like 50/50 whether we'll see Andy back to his best and winning the big events... heart says he will... head says nope thats it folks. Whatever he has been doing lately to get himself back upto his very high standard hasn't worked. Should maybe be working with a sports shrink again...new coach.. maybe even change of team.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 11:09 PM »

I'll be happy with a Quarter Final showing.. anything after that is a bonus.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 11:19 PM »

Yeah true enough...but they have also won against top players at important events and won important events in the same period as Andy has struggled.

To me its sadly looking like 50/50 whether we'll see Andy back to his best and winning the big events... heart says he will... head says nope thats it folks. Whatever he has been doing lately to get himself back upto his very high standard hasn't worked. Should maybe be working with a sports shrink again...new coach.. maybe even change of team.

A new racket maybe.    A gluten free diet maybe.     Initials on his shoes might work.    How about change something every time he loses a game.     Doesn't matter what but just change something.    More idiotic suggestions welcome.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 06:41 AM »

I am just delighted that he has managed to defend last year's results at these 2 tournies something had hasn't always done in the past.  I think we are panicking far too soon.  If this goes on next year then we probably will need to be concerned.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 04:07 PM »

I agree Andy will fix his problems and there is nothing we can do except support him. Just be a little patient folks and show some faith. I get mad with some on MW who only support him in the good times.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 05:01 PM »

I'm sure Nadal will play at the US Open, he has been practicing his tactics for this tourney  Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 06:36 PM »

@ChrisMac
I'm not sure Rafa does well going "cold" into a slam. If he plays, he'll have to have a good draw to survive the first week.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 06:40 PM »

Ive checked the odds on the US Open with about half a dozen bookies. Prepare for a surprise. They all have the top 2 players to win the tournament in this order.

1. Joker
2. Murray

Even US based bookies have Andy as 2nd favourite so its not just the UK turf accountants.

Skybet odds are;

Novak Djokovic 11/8
Andy Murray 7/2
Roger Federer 11/2
Rafael Nadal 6/1
Stanislas Wawrinka 14/1
Grigor Dimitrov 16/1
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 25/1
Milos Raonic 25/1
Tomas Berdych 33/1

IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 06:56 PM »

Lol, so basically the people who actually have big money on the line favour Andy a lot more than people on his fan Web page!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »