Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at the US Open 2014

(Read 8022 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 08:01 PM »

Yes because the Yanks like Andy and his fighting spirit. I wish some of it would rub off on MW, maybe they see something we don't.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 08:27 PM »

Yes because the Yanks like Andy and his fighting spirit. I wish some of it would rub off on MW, maybe they see something we don't.
Well said LB and why shouldn't Andy be 2 nd favourite ? I think he has a great chance , none of the top 4 ( I know Andy seeded 9 ) have played to thier seedlings. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised , my opinion before I get slated!! Wink
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 08:30 PM »

A new racket maybe.    A gluten free diet maybe.     Initials on his shoes might work.    How about change something every time he loses a game.     Doesn't matter what but just change something.    More idiotic suggestions welcome.
Brilliant love it   roflmao
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 08:42 PM »

I'll be happy with a Quarter Final showing.. anything after that is a bonus.

Good thinking. He has not lost ground on previous years in the last month and to do same at USO would be a good boost to his points tally. After he has no points to defend so that period points won will be all gain for his ranking and his Race position.

Playing as well as he is (at times) he should make London from doing four tournaments after the US Open. A mix of quarters and semis would be good! He needs to do three events on the Asian swing as I have said previously for some security just in case he has a bad day at one. Everyone from ranked 4 down on the Race list can be overtaken by Andy so this is not the time for any negative thoughts.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 08:44 PM »

Ooops, should read previous year not years.  I know some of you are pedantic about exact words!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 09:05 PM »

Not sure why we are that worried.  Ok so this year has been poor and is probably a right off I am not expecting to see him at the O2. But look where smug fed was this time last year and we were all ( including me) righting him off now look at him. World no 3 making finals like he was 25. Both the finalists tonight are over 30.  I am not saying Andy will still be playing at 33 but he is only just 27 and fed has proved what a difference a year makes.  Let's not give up on him just yet eh. 
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 02:07 PM »

Nadal is out, so Murray is seeded 8th.
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 02:21 PM »

I'm a little disappointed to hear that Rafa's not playing this year's USO. That's one less obstacle for Federer to win another slam. But come to think of it though, last time Rafa did not play the USO, Andy won it. So yeah, I'll take it.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 03:14 PM »

Federer wins Cincinnati, No Rafa, 2012 anyone?
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 03:27 PM »

Nadal is out, so Murray is seeded 8th.

Has Nadal had surgery on his wrist?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 03:50 PM »

@matchpoint
No, not yet anyway.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 04:48 PM »

Last time Fed won Cincy didn't he go out in the QFs at USO?
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 05:28 PM »

Andy has a good chance at US Open. The betting odds reflect that. Just because he has lost to Dimitrov, Tsonga and Federer in his last three outings does not reduce his ability to lift his game in the slams.

I hope that he has a long run in USO as, in my opinion, he needs to play more, to win, and get the failures from good positions in sets out of his system.

You all know that I am an running addict primarily. Look how Mo Farah wins. Total confidence and never allowing others to control a race. Andy needs to get other players to have the same respect for him as that and control the games. Generate fear. It is partly bravado as the gap in ability is not large. Stop those interviews where he says it will be a tough match where he shows too much respect. It shows weakness. Not good.

Novak, Fed and Rafa all win matches in part because the opposition does not expect to win.

I am looking forward to the draw on 21st August. Being a top eight seed now he would not meet a higher seed till the Quarters (as at Wimbledon). There he did well to that point and I expect the same at USO. Sorry that was too long for a comment.
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 05:46 PM »

Well I'd rather it didn't take an injury to Nadal to get there, but I'm mighty glad Andy is no 8 seed now.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray at the US Open 2014 « Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 05:53 PM »

Well I'd rather it didn't take an injury to Nadal to get there, but I'm mighty glad Andy is no 8 seed now.

Me too! Is there any more news from the Rafa camp on what it means for the rest of the year?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »