Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013

(Read 19375 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #270 on: June 21, 2013, 01:05 PM »

Janowicz is a different beast over best of 5.

Edmund has no chance lol.

Besides, Halle/Queens results mean NOTHING.
Yeah, we'll see. Janowicz is hardly known for his epic consistency is he?

I don't think Kyle will win, but given Janowicz's oh so stable state of mind it's very possible he can give him a fight.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #271 on: June 21, 2013, 01:07 PM »

Also, to those moaning about Djokovic's draw - seriously?

Everyone (me included) always moans about Federer's draw. For once he's got it tough, so quite naturally someone else is going to get a bit lucky. In this case it was Novak. Why are people getting so uptight about this? If it had been Andy everyone would be thrilled.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #272 on: June 21, 2013, 01:09 PM »

I have to say, Andy is a different player than when he played Nadal two years ago , and really Andy was doing really well in that match until he got distracted , so I think if Nadal gets to the semi I think Andy will have him Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #273 on: June 21, 2013, 01:09 PM »

I like Andy's draw. We all knew he'd most likely have to beat 2 of top 5 to get crown, and worst scenario was 3  shocking
Come on  yay
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #274 on: June 21, 2013, 01:11 PM »

Yeah, we'll see. Janowicz is hardly known for his epic consistency is he?

I don't think Kyle will win, but given Janowicz's oh so stable state of mind it's very possible he can give him a fight.

Janowicz has made the 3rd round of all slams he's played within the past year.

He's lived up to his seeding, heck, 3rd round from Qualies at Wimbledon last year was great, he should have made 4th.

This time he will make the Quarter Finals, beating Nose fraud in 4th round.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #275 on: June 21, 2013, 01:13 PM »

I love Sam smith she talks sense and is so positive about Andy    clap
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #276 on: June 21, 2013, 01:14 PM »

I have to say, Andy is a different player than when he played Nadal two years ago , and really Andy was doing really well in that match until he got distracted , so I think if Nadal gets to the semi I think Andy will have him Smile
I agree, if Nadal and Federer do meet in the quarters, they must have been playing quite well, so I can see a five setter.  So who ever makes it through to the semi will be tired and maybe a little vulnerable. Here’s hoping!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #277 on: June 21, 2013, 01:16 PM »

Slamray will own Nadal this time around!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #278 on: June 21, 2013, 01:19 PM »

Janowicz has made the 3rd round of all slams he's played within the past year.

He's lived up to his seeding, heck, 3rd round from Qualies at Wimbledon last year was great, he should have made 4th.

This time he will make the Quarter Finals, beating Nose fraud in 4th round.

Slamray will own Nadal this time around!
Well that's not even the slightest bit contradictory.

I mean, if you're going to troll, do it right at least.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #279 on: June 21, 2013, 01:21 PM »

Well that's not even the slightest bit contradictory.

I mean, if you're going to troll, do it right at least.

How is that trolling?

I believe both those things will happen.

Federer is done. If Jerzy has one of his hot streaks ala Paris or Rome, Fed does not stand a chance on the fast surfaces.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #280 on: June 21, 2013, 01:22 PM »

How do you know that Andy is playing on Monday? Is it listed somewhere please?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #281 on: June 21, 2013, 01:24 PM »

I think it's a very good draw. First of all, he avoided playing Nadal in the qtr. Second, he'll be playing Nole in the final if things work out for him and that's the best final we/he could have asked for. He'll have the crowd support, Nole is the # one player and less threatening than Nadal and a very friendly guy overall. I am sure Andy would want to play someone worthy in the final to make it more memorable.

He's more than likely to make the semi given the draw. We'll just have to pull for Federer vs Nadal in the qtr and not only that, if Nadal continues to progress and doesn't see any defeat early on like last year, then we will have to continue to pull for Federer as well. Federer is not as given on grass vs Nadal as he is anywhere else minus WTF. This got to be Federer's best surface and I am sure he's most keen on here as well. This might just be his favourite tournament. A revenge should be on  the card as well. If this pans out properly and Federer is still feeling healthy and fit, then we may just have a great match on hand here, which will also help Andy a great deal. I mean neither Federer nor Nadal can fancy beating 3 top guys in a row (Nadal/Federer/Andy/Nole) in a Major tournament like Wimbledon and where, they all have their match-up weaknesses/issues. Andy will only have to play 2 top players and one of them is not even as certain (Nole with Berdcy lurking in his qtr), so I say there are loop holes in the draw particularly in Andy's favour.

This is just the high level overview as I have yet to look at the whole draw.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean June 21, 2013, 01:53 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #282 on: June 21, 2013, 01:29 PM »

How do you know that Andy is playing on Monday? Is it listed somewhere please?

Andy will play on Monday, he is in Noses half of the draw, and given that Nose is the defending champ, he plays first on Monday, hence why Andy and Nadal will play also Smile.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #283 on: June 21, 2013, 01:35 PM »

Stuart Fraser ‏@stu_fraser  1h 
Murray & Nadal in same half at every Wimbledon they have both played. Same half in 17 of last 19 slams & 21 of the 26 they have both played.

Crazy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #284 on: June 21, 2013, 01:40 PM »

Yes come on Ruthie share   Whistle
but just think deb I could be sharing him with fed fans.  Think about it. They'll know their hero is playing on the 1st day as defending champ so they will have done all they can to get tickets and we know how much fed fans love our andy   w00t

Jan we know Andy is playing Monday because he's in smugfed's side of the draw and defending champ always plays monday at wimbledon.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »