Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013

(Read 18703 times)
Moozza

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #285 on: June 21, 2013, 01:48 PM »

Stuart Fraser ‏@stu_fraser  1h 
Murray & Nadal in same half at every Wimbledon they have both played. Same half in 17 of last 19 slams & 21 of the 26 they have both played.

Crazy.

That's ridiculous.

Also, to those moaning about Djokovic's draw - seriously?

Everyone (me included) always moans about Federer's draw. For once he's got it tough, so quite naturally someone else is going to get a bit lucky. In this case it was Novak. Why are people getting so uptight about this? If it had been Andy everyone would be thrilled.

It's just that Djokovic has drawn Ferrer in the semis in three of the four slams Ferrer has been seeded fourth. He's had his fair share of luck in my opinion.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #286 on: June 21, 2013, 01:49 PM »

Thanks Ruthie and Prodigy - I didn't realise that - do hope I don't have too many things to do on the days Andy plays - and enjoy Wimbledon Ruthie. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #287 on: June 21, 2013, 01:50 PM »

True. But then he did draw Nadal at the French Open - the one tournament he really wants to win.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #288 on: June 21, 2013, 01:51 PM »

Stuart Fraser ‏@stu_fraser  1h 
Murray & Nadal in same half at every Wimbledon they have both played. Same half in 17 of last 19 slams & 21 of the 26 they have both played.

Crazy.

I know but what can you do. Nadal could have fallen either in Nole or Ferrer's qtr, but then there would have been a 50% risk of Nadal advancing to the final, and I really think Andy's better off not meeting Nadal in the Wimbledon final. He needs to sort him out before then especially after the 2011 debacle, frankly, I don't find it very ideal.

Nole's qtr is looking mighty dangerous with Berdych lurking and as I always say, Berdy loves a target and he'd love this one as he has the record of taking Nole out of Wimbledon and making the final just in 2010. Though Nole is a much better player these days, but so is Berdcyh. He's becoming more and more lethal not to mention, comfortable against these top guys. That's a very big potential upset right there. If that happens, then I'd like Berdy/Del Potro to make the final and not Ferrer.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #289 on: June 21, 2013, 01:54 PM »

but just think deb I could be sharing him with fed fans.  Think about it. They'll know their hero is playing on the 1st day as defending champ so they will have done all they can to get tickets and we know how much fed fans love our andy   w00t

Jan we know Andy is playing Monday because he's in smugfed's side of the draw and defending champ always plays monday at wimbledon.
Dam I didn't think about that Ruthie !!! Well Andy will hopefully be on the practise courts Tuesday?  So you could still get a fix  Whistle
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #290 on: June 21, 2013, 02:14 PM »

Fed fans already thinking of Fed's 8th Wimbledon.  Dream on.  lol.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #291 on: June 21, 2013, 02:25 PM »

Dam I didn't think about that Ruthie !!! Well Andy will hopefully be on the practise courts Tuesday?  So you could still get a fix  Whistle
no deb Mr L very wisely takes Andy elsewhere to practise on the days he's not playing so he can avoid the crowds and stay in his bubble so I fear I won't see anything of him at all other than on tv 
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #292 on: June 21, 2013, 02:27 PM »

Fed fans already thinking of Fed's 8th Wimbledon.  Dream on.  lol.

Hahahahahaha where's the punchline to that joke?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #293 on: June 21, 2013, 02:30 PM »

Thanks Ruthie and Prodigy - I didn't realise that - do hope I don't have too many things to do on the days Andy plays - and enjoy Wimbledon Ruthie. 
Thanks Jan - now get your priorities right and make sure you're not busy when Andy is playing!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #294 on: June 21, 2013, 02:54 PM »

For anyone that's got sky sports and maybe interested. At 1pm there showing ATP tour uncovered.This week, behind the scenes at Queen's Club for the Aegon Championships. Plus celebrity stars join Andy Murray on court to raise money for the Royal Marsden. That's on Sky Sports 2 .

Thanks Caroline. It was shown yesterday too, but I missed it during the day. It was repeated at 5am this morning and I recorded it. Will watch in a bit.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #295 on: June 21, 2013, 03:00 PM »

sounds a great idea for those on twitter bes (I'm a refusenik I fear).

Last year Andy was on court 1 on the 2nd monday, which was 4th round I think.  Perhaps this year they will look at the weather forecast and put him on court 1 on a day that looks like it will be dry after last year's fiasco.

If the second Monday was the 4th round, which I think it was, Andy did play on Court One, against Cilic. I think he had to finish on the Tuesday though, a set as I recall, because it rained.

As I recall, that was straight sets for Andy. He served like a machine in the third!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #296 on: June 21, 2013, 03:01 PM »

This is what Jonny O had to say

"Murray's days of sweating over the draw are long gone. He expects to have to beat the best to win a Slam and having Federer and Nadal in his half won't scare him at all.

Djokovic has avoided his three main rivals so, in theory, has the much easier draw but I expect his main challenges to come from Tommy Haas in round four, either Richard Gasquet or Tomas Berdych in the quarters and Juan Martin del Potro, who won their bronze medal match here at Wimbledon in the Olympics, in the semis.

So while Djokovic has the better draw in terms of being in Ferrer's half, I actually expect him to have some tougher matches than Murray in the first week and a half.
"
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #297 on: June 21, 2013, 03:31 PM »

no deb Mr L very wisely takes Andy elsewhere to practise on the days he's not playing so he can avoid the crowds and stay in his bubble so I fear I won't see anything of him at all other than on tv 
Oh what a shame Ruthie , oh well we have to look at the bigger picture Andy holding up that trophy Smile 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #298 on: June 21, 2013, 03:33 PM »

It's just that Djokovic has drawn Ferrer in the semis in three of the four slams Ferrer has been seeded fourth. He's had his fair share of luck in my opinion.

Well, that comes with the territory of being No. 1 as well, so once Andy gets to that position, I am sure he'll be blessed with some easy draws as well. And people don't become No. 1 by chance; they work very hard for it.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #299 on: June 21, 2013, 05:08 PM »

well lets hope Fedal serve up a five set humdinger of a tennis feast - and exhaust themselves in the process!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »