Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013

(Read 19633 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #75 on: June 19, 2013, 07:13 PM »

It was after Madrid - so just over a month now. I was surprised he split with Galo Blanco actually - they'd achieved a lot together.

Thanks. His confidence level has dropped quite a bit. Somehow I don't feel it's because of his new coach though I understand any change especially that of a new coach one can be quite impacting.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #76 on: June 19, 2013, 07:15 PM »

Uh, why would he go out of his way to get a wild card just to tank?

Don't know, really. Maybe he simply lost. I guess we'll find out come Wimbledon. He can't possibly not take things seriously there.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #77 on: June 19, 2013, 07:20 PM »

All the media complaining over Nadal's seeding has really been annoying me today. I can understand Nadal fans not being happy about it but tennis journalists are supposed to be objective. Instead they're talking about how he deserves to be number 4 seed because he's a 2-time Wimbledon champion, ignoring the fact that he actually lost in the second round last year. If he'd reached the SF, then he'd still have a top 4 seed now.

I agree completely. It fascinates me how that loss to Rosol has cost Nadal, every bit as much, in a sense, as being out for 7 months.

The thing is, I don't get it. However you look at it Nadal would have been seeded five at Wimbledon. He went back to five in the world after RG, so Wimbledon doing the seedings purely on rankings wouldn't have helped him. He would have still been seeded five. He had an awful grass season last year, and if I'm not much mistaken, hasn't won a major other than RG since 2010, which is before the cut off point for consideration in his Wimbledon seeding. It's not rocket science to me. Whatever way you look at it Nadal would have been the fifth seed. To make him a special case and give him 4th seed would have been unfair on Ferrer.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #78 on: June 19, 2013, 07:23 PM »

He's the defending champion though so I feel they'll try to honour him in some way.

Anyone sense a bye to the final coming on? They are just bonkers enough to do it, they really are Smile.

Fed probably wishes he played years and years ago. They used to do that with the defending champion.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #79 on: June 19, 2013, 08:29 PM »

Everybody is talking about how Andy doesn't want to meet Nadal in the QF, but I doubt Nadal much wants to meet Andy in the QF either :p
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #80 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32 PM »

I agree, laundry - these guys, including Nadal, must fear Andy as well.  Quite honestly, if he were to win it, the less easy passage he has, the more it means.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #81 on: June 19, 2013, 08:34 PM »

It's all speculative anyway they both have to get to the qtrs to meet. No point in worrying about it for a couple of weeks. 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #82 on: June 19, 2013, 08:35 PM »

It's all speculative anyway they both have to get to the qtrs to meet. No point in worrying about it for a couple of weeks. 
Absolutely!  Well said.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #83 on: June 19, 2013, 08:39 PM »

Everybody is talking about how Andy doesn't want to meet Nadal in the QF, but I doubt Nadal much wants to meet Andy in the QF either :p

I am sure Nadal wouldn't want to meet with Andy or Nole either in the qtr, but one of them is going to get him and vice versa. Nadal will probably have more confident having won 2 Wimbledon and beating Andy on more than one occasion, and has just beaten Nole at RG as well, so I am sure he'd be nothing short of confidence. It's how the others handle him, that is the big speculation. I don't think it's illogical.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #84 on: June 19, 2013, 08:49 PM »

I am sure Nadal wouldn't want to meet with Andy or Nole either in the qtr, but one of them is going to get him and vice versa. Nadal will probably have more confident having won 2 Wimbledon and beating Andy on more than one occasion, and has just beaten Nole at RG as well, so I am sure he'd be nothing short of confidence. It's how the others handle him, that is the big speculation. I don't think it's illogical.
Nadal isn't automatic to face Murray or Djokovic in the QFs
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #85 on: June 19, 2013, 08:51 PM »

Nadal isn't automatic to face Murray or Djokovic in the QFs

No, of course not but the possibilities are likely.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #86 on: June 19, 2013, 08:58 PM »

Andy used to suck up to Nadal, it's nice to see Andy ready to face him.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #87 on: June 19, 2013, 09:00 PM »

I'm hoping for a Federer Nadal QF---Get one of them out the way!! Also would rather see Tsonga, Berdych or Ferrer in semis than both Fed and Nadal.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #88 on: June 19, 2013, 09:01 PM »

I think Andy gave others too much respect for a bit - due to a lack of self belief.  I think he's over that now, and that's the massive difference in him.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #89 on: June 19, 2013, 09:27 PM »

Rubbish, Andy has never sucked up to anyone. He has a respect and liking for Nadal, they get on well, practice together sometimes.
I think Andy gave others too much respect for a bit - due to a lack of self belief.  I think he's over that now, and that's the massive difference in him.
Well said Elly, he seems to think of himself as a 'lesser mortal' almost but he has matured so much in the last 18 months or so and has  gained much more self belief in the process.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »