Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013

(Read 16601 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #60 on: June 19, 2013, 05:23 PM »

Very wise deal but you see Gangsta only spouts, his use of ears is not applicable.

Well, your loss. lol. But as soon as Raonic makes the 2nd round, I'll be on the hunt.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #61 on: June 19, 2013, 05:38 PM »

Yes, he did but this one feels a bit more deliberate. Well anyway, I guess we will find out soon. I see no reason why he should be so out of form these days though.

Perhaps it's due to his recent change of coach? Often players seem to take a while to adjust to working with someone new. I think though that he'll do ok at Wimbledon - probably R3 or R4, depending on his draw. Then afterwards the US hardcourt season is where he'd expect to have good results again.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #62 on: June 19, 2013, 05:44 PM »

Perhaps it's due to his recent change of coach? Often players seem to take a while to adjust to working with someone new. I think though that he'll do ok at Wimbledon - probably R3 or R4, depending on his draw. Then afterwards the US hardcourt season is where he'd expect to have good results again.

Do you know when he was hired because I've been noticing these poor performances sine April I believe, but yes, that's a possibility as well. I am sure he'll make at least a couple of rounds at Wimbledon - not that I particularly want him to but from a fair point of view, it's a bit of concern when players take this sort of dip all of a sudden and for no reason sometimes.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #63 on: June 19, 2013, 06:04 PM »

I saw a bit of Dodig/Raonic. Credit where it's due, Dodig played very well. I'm sure the comms said he's beaten Raonic before.

Players can sometimes seem to have a dip when they take on new coaches, but is it really that simple with Raonic? He's still pretty young, so there is still plenty of time, so I have to give him that, but he does seem to be a pretty up and down sort of player in a way. Since he came to prominence I've noticed that he can have some really great performances, but equally he can be woeful.

The problem I think Raonic has is that more and more are reading his game. A lot more seem to be dealing with his serve, and even I can see his return game is poor. He also never appears to have a plan B, he just seems to flog plan A to death until it no longer works. I've said it before, Raonic strikes me as someone who approaches the game as A plus B always equals C. It's rather reminiscent of the approach he took to Andy at the USO, where he said that Andy would have to change his game to fit what he does, or words to that effect. Andy reminded him that night that it doesn't work that way. Now it seems that other players are showing him as well.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #64 on: June 19, 2013, 06:14 PM »

Just been watching Eastbourne and reached the conclusion that everyone in the media is a little bit thick. I think it must be a job requirement or something. John Inverdale concluded the coverage by saying that the Wimbledon seedings have come out. He pointed out that Nadal is seeded 5 and could play Andy in the quarter finals. Why, oh why, oh why, oh why, is the media working themselves into a frenzy about this? Why can they not see that yes, Andy could face Nadal in the quarters, but so could Djokovic and Federer?

I know, it's hype. It's easy, and considered fair game I suppose, to use Andy as the tennis media whipping boy in the build up to Wimbledon. What annoys me is that the media is latching on to Andy with this when it doesn't apply to him any more than the others in the top four. They seem unable to report the fact that Andy and Ferrer could be on one side of the draw and Djokovic, Nadal and Federer on the other. Perhaps that doesn't sound dramatic enough.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #65 on: June 19, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Just been watching Eastbourne and reached the conclusion that everyone in the media is a little bit thick. I think it must be a job requirement or something. John Inverdale concluded the coverage by saying that the Wimbledon seedings have come out. He pointed out that Nadal is seeded 5 and could play Andy in the quarter finals. Why, oh why, oh why, oh why, is the media working themselves into a frenzy about this? Why can they not see that yes, Andy could face Nadal in the quarters, but so could Djokovic and Federer?

I know, it's hype. It's easy, and considered fair game I suppose, to use Andy as the tennis media whipping boy in the build up to Wimbledon. What annoys me is that the media is latching on to Andy with this when it doesn't apply to him any more than the others in the top four. They seem unable to report the fact that Andy and Ferrer could be on one side of the draw and Djokovic, Nadal and Federer on the other. Perhaps that doesn't sound dramatic enough.

I really think it's just for juicy conversation purpose and nothing more.
IP Logged
batz

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #66 on: June 19, 2013, 06:52 PM »

OK guys - is it just me who is worrying about the fact that there hasn't been any pics of Andy training @ SW19 this week?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #67 on: June 19, 2013, 06:52 PM »

There has.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #68 on: June 19, 2013, 06:54 PM »

I wonder what the Organizers have in mind. Would they favour Andy or would they still go with the Fedal scenario again especially favouring Federer both draw and schedule-wise? And what would favour Andy? He's not drawing Nole until the final and that leaves both Federer and Nadal. They may put Nadal in Nole's qtr who knows.

I think even the organisers sense that Fed wont get anywhere near the final this year.... he has looked past it pretty much all this year. His play now barely looks top ten.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #69 on: June 19, 2013, 06:55 PM »

Do you know when he was hired because I've been noticing these poor performances sine April I believe, but yes, that's a possibility as well. I am sure he'll make at least a couple of rounds at Wimbledon - not that I particularly want him to but from a fair point of view, it's a bit of concern when players take this sort of dip all of a sudden and for no reason sometimes.

It was after Madrid - so just over a month now. I was surprised he split with Galo Blanco actually - they'd achieved a lot together.

I think the British media just like to take a pessimistic view wherever necessary - and the worst-case scenario is that Andy will draw Rafa in the QF.

All the media complaining over Nadal's seeding has really been annoying me today. I can understand Nadal fans not being happy about it but tennis journalists are supposed to be objective. Instead they're talking about how he deserves to be number 4 seed because he's a 2-time Wimbledon champion, ignoring the fact that he actually lost in the second round last year. If he'd reached the SF, then he'd still have a top 4 seed now.
IP Logged
batz

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #70 on: June 19, 2013, 06:56 PM »

There has.

Really mate - when? 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #71 on: June 19, 2013, 07:05 PM »

Wimbledon Groundsman ‏@WimboGroundsman
Practicing together now on court 10, 2002 Champ @officialhewitt and 2012 runner up @andy_murray

here mate
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #72 on: June 19, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Yes, he did but this one feels a bit more deliberate. Well anyway, I guess we will find out soon. I see no reason why he should be so out of form these days though.
Uh, why would he go out of his way to get a wild card just to tank?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #73 on: June 19, 2013, 07:10 PM »

I think even the organisers sense that Fed wont get anywhere near the final this year.... he has looked past it pretty much all this year. His play now barely looks top ten.

He's the defending champion though so I feel they'll try to honour him in some way.
IP Logged
batz

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #74 on: June 19, 2013, 07:11 PM »

here mate

Thanks mate - I've been starting to worry - what a saddo eh Smile 

I follow Wimbogroundsman as well.  Don't know how I missed it.

Thanks again.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »