Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013

(Read 18914 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #300 on: June 21, 2013, 05:09 PM »

Oh I see Dex just said that too! Sorry!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #301 on: June 21, 2013, 06:57 PM »

Oh what a shame Ruthie , oh well we have to look at the bigger picture Andy holding up that trophy Smile 
yes I'll try and be a big picture woman deb.   Rolling Eyes  And of course you're right all that matters is Andy wins, wins, wins, wins, wins, wins and wins   cmon yeah  cmon yeah  cmon yeah  cmon yeah  cmon yeah  cmon yeah  cmon yeah
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #302 on: June 21, 2013, 07:31 PM »

I just wonder if Novak will make the final,I've a feeling he may go out before! He has a few tricky players
in his side of the draw who have nothing to lose and could get really hot, and they have beaten him before. He went out early in Miami and didn't reach the finals in Indian Wells. He went into the clay season with all guns blazing as his goal was to win the French Open. We are now on the grass and it's another story altogether.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #303 on: June 21, 2013, 07:42 PM »

i so hope andy gets through all his matches .i so wanna see him in the final
but im also a realist and need to take one match at a time and live for the win on that day and that day alone
good luck andy  go get em !!!!!   i will watch as many as i can  if there in the evening and try to listen on radio at work
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #304 on: June 21, 2013, 08:31 PM »

Judging by the schedule, Andy will be playing Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday if all goes well.

I will probably get to see only 3 matches live.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #305 on: June 21, 2013, 09:14 PM »

well lets hope Fedal serve up a five set humdinger of a tennis feast - and exhaust themselves in the process!

Hopefully, but i think Rafa will probably win in straights. would prefer fed to win as he will be easier for Andy (or Jo if Andy fails to get to sfs --- Eek lets hope not), but i cant see fed even tiring rafa out  unfortunately.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #306 on: June 21, 2013, 09:16 PM »

Hopefully, but i think Rafa will probably win in straights. would prefer fed to win as he will be easier for Andy (or Jo if Andy fails to get to sfs ---:sad: lets hope not), but i cant see fed even tiring rafa out  unfortunately.
See - I'd prefer the less easy option for Andy, as it would put the doubters to rest!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #307 on: June 21, 2013, 09:17 PM »

I must say I'd love Andy to win Wimbles for a load of reasons, but one of them is because it will really pee off all the journalists who are bigging up Djokovic and bloody Nadal.

The highlight of the aforementioned bigging up is Sky's text service practically bursting to tell us Nadal beat Nishikori in two tie-break sets this afternoon at the Hurlingham Club. Apparently Andy 'struggled' past the same opponent (the lovely Kei) yesterday. Judging by what I read about Andy yesterday it didn't sound like a struggle, but Nadal on the other hand.... Two tie-breaks! Grrrrr!
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #308 on: June 21, 2013, 10:39 PM »

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's take on the draw and Andy's chances.  I'm at the stage I don't know what to wish for - apart from a Wimby title for Andy. Normally, when Andy is seeded to meet a 'big 4' player in the semi, I'm quite happy to hope they get knocked out early (ta Mr Rosol !), but I wonder if it's better that Fed and Nadal survive to meet in the quarters, in the hope they go to a long 5th before meeting AM. Or, is Nadal the bigger threat ? I don't know.

I suppose it's que sera sera. Just win your first match Andy, and we'll take it from there. Roll on Monday ! nervous

IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #309 on: June 22, 2013, 12:47 AM »

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's take on the draw and Andy's chances.  I'm at the stage I don't know what to wish for - apart from a Wimby title for Andy. Normally, when Andy is seeded to meet a 'big 4' player in the semi, I'm quite happy to hope they get knocked out early (ta Mr Rosol !), but I wonder if it's better that Fed and Nadal survive to meet in the quarters, in the hope they go to a long 5th before meeting AM. Or, is Nadal the bigger threat ? I don't know.

I suppose it's que sera sera. Just win your first match Andy, and we'll take it from there. Roll on Monday ! nervous

In all honesty I don't think it would be a 5 setter if Nadal and Federer were to meet.  I think Rafa would win in 3 - at a push 4.  I must say that Rafa is the player I'm most worried about Andy playing.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #310 on: June 22, 2013, 12:54 AM »

In all honesty I don't think it would be a 5 setter if Nadal and Federer were to meet.  I think Rafa would win in 3 - at a push 4.  I must say that Rafa is the player I'm most worried about Andy playing.

I wouldn't worry about Andy playing Nadal. They both have to get to the semi's first.

One match at a time and positive thoughts is my approach. Andy doesn't look remotely worried, so neither should we.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #311 on: June 22, 2013, 12:58 AM »

For once in my life I'll be really happy for Federer if he beats Nadal should they meet in the qtr. The old man has taken too many beatings, so it would be nice to see him win at least one time.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #312 on: June 22, 2013, 01:05 AM »

no
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #313 on: June 22, 2013, 01:08 AM »

See - I'd prefer the less easy option for Andy, as it would put the doubters to rest!

I wouldn't mind this but the chances of Andy beating Nadal are smaller than him beating Fed, I think he'll beat either, but if beating Rafa is going to be physically and mentally exhausting. It will give Novak (if he doesn't trip up) a huge advantage in the final.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #314 on: June 22, 2013, 01:13 AM »

I wouldn't mind this but the chances of Andy beating Nadal are smaller than him beating Fed, I think he'll beat either, but if beating Rafa is going to be physically and mentally exhausting. It will give Novak (if he doesn't trip up) a huge advantage in the final.

I agree. Aren't u a Rafa fan though?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »