Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013

(Read 16410 times)
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #330 on: June 22, 2013, 05:01 PM »

Just brilliant!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #331 on: June 22, 2013, 05:19 PM »

Nial Smith's latest offering Very Happy

Oh that is brilliant! Lendl as Q, fantastic!
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #332 on: June 22, 2013, 06:31 PM »

Nial Smith's latest offering Very Happy

love it
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #333 on: June 22, 2013, 06:57 PM »

ANDY MURRAY APPROACHES WIMBLEDON WITH DIFFERENT MINDSET

US Open champion, Olympic gold medallist and last year’s Wimbledon runner-up Andy Murray may have the weight of a nation on his shoulders, but that isn’t keeping the hometown hero from expressing confidence about the opportunity for success at the All England Club this year.

For Murray, the No. 2 seed, the chance to compete at the Championships for another Fortnight may have its pressure-filled moments, but he also discussed his excitement, especially in light of his breakthrough US Open victory and Olympic gold medal. “The mindset is similar in that, you know, I come in wanting to try and win the event,” he said. “I’ve prepared as best as I could. I think in some ways, I feel that I’m putting less pressure on myself.”

In fact, he cited the two wins as a transformative experience for his career. “A combination of that [Wimbledon] final and the way I played in it, and also having the Olympics to look forward to,” he said, “I think that was the period that changed me, you know, changed my mindset a bit.”

While the expectations linger at Wimbledon and may be even stronger than before given the maiden major victory, Murray talked about his personal drive to succeed on the grass of the All England Club. “This tournament obviously means a lot to me. That was pretty obvious after the final last year,” said Murray, alluding to the emotional loss at the hands of 16-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer and his choked up on-court speech after the four-set loss.

He added, “I just think, because of what’s happened since then that if I can manage to get myself in the latter stages of the tournament I’d be better equipped to deal with the pressures that go with that.”

But while he’s had to “deal” with such pressures, Murray’s also soaked up – and enjoyed – the experience of competing. Looking back to his career of play at the All England Club, he reminisced, “When I played here as a senior for the first time, I mean, I actually almost wasn’t nervous. I was so excited to really play here.”

Murray continued that when he first competed at Wimbledon “there was no pressure. There was no expectation at all.”

Now, however, it’s a little different. “There’s a lot more pressure and a lot more expectation, a lot more nerves.” He added, “I think for all British players, yeah, it’s a huge part of their career.”

But Murray also considers his time at Wimbledon to include some of the highlights of his career, having reached the semi-finals or better since 2009. “I’ve always enjoyed playing here,” he said. “I’ve played some of my best tennis here over the course of my career.”

Regardless, said Murray, hailed as the greatest chance to bring home another Wimbledon singles crown for Great Britain since Fred Perry in 1936, “There’s still the excitement.”

Murray faces Benjamin Becker of Germany to begin his 2013 campaign. Looming ahead in his section of the draw? Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer. “Hopefully, I’ll be able to put myself in a position where [their placement in the draw] becomes relevant,” said Murray, “because that would mean getting to the semi-finals.”

He added, simply, “I’d love to be there.”

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2013-06-22/201306221371910475838.html
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #334 on: June 22, 2013, 07:21 PM »

Inevitably, Murray is asked about hitting his coach Ivan Lendl during a charity exhibition at Queen's last week. How many times has he watched it? "I'd say double figures." Murray reports that Lendl has yet to have his revenge.

"

love it - you get the feeling it's been the high point of Andy's year  yay
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #335 on: June 22, 2013, 08:28 PM »

I just get the feeling that he will win this year. Almost like it's fate. Absolutely brilliant feeling.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #336 on: June 22, 2013, 08:34 PM »

I just get the feeling that he will win this year. Almost like it's fate. Absolutely brilliant feeling.

Good on ya Gangsta !  And why not ? We all know there's not a player in the draw that Andy can't beat ! 
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #337 on: June 22, 2013, 08:42 PM »

Yep me to , the same feeling I had before the USO , why not he is amazing especially on grass, Smile Smile  ps nearly finished that book worth a read.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #338 on: June 22, 2013, 08:50 PM »

Good on ya Gangsta !  And why not ? We all know there's not a player in the draw that Andy can't beat ! 
like all this positivity , and your right Sid not a single player he can't beat Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #339 on: June 22, 2013, 09:23 PM »

I'm not quite sure how to say this, but if I've just read a piece on the BBC's text service right, I think Johnny Mac has sort of backed Andy to win Wimbledon.

Seeing as he sort of backed Andy to win the USO, I'm taking that as a positive.

I agree totally with Gangsta's feeling. Something tells me this is Andy's time. It does have a feeling of fate around it. It's as clear to me as the USO was last year.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #340 on: June 22, 2013, 09:26 PM »

I'm not quite sure how to say this, but if I've just read a piece on the BBC's text service right, I think Johnny Mac has sort of backed Andy to win Wimbledon.

I agree totally with Gangsta's feeling. Something tells me this is Andy's time. It does have a feeling of fate around it. It's as clear to me as the USO was last year.
   yay TJ , it does feel right dos'nt it, it seems a lot of people feel the same,  btw how did the dance go ????  Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #341 on: June 22, 2013, 09:27 PM »

can't see anything on bbc website tj.  I'm so superstitious that all this feeling Andy is going to win is making me anxious  doh
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #342 on: June 22, 2013, 09:29 PM »

I'm so superstitious that all this feeling Andy is going to win is making me anxious  doh

Me too Ruthie! hug

But I very much hope that those who feel that it's Andy's time are right.There's literally nothing I want him to win more than Wimbledon pray
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #343 on: June 22, 2013, 09:34 PM »

McEnroe backs Andy every year  - maybe this year he'll be right!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #344 on: June 22, 2013, 09:35 PM »

glad it's not just me dani.  hug
 I veer between feeling very positive myself and then fearing that the very positivity and all the hype could jink him.  Just as well he's about to disappear into his bubble, leaving us all to sweat and hyper ventilate  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »