Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013

(Read 18631 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #420 on: June 25, 2013, 02:06 PM »

But only because Murray missed the French Open. Hardly a fair comparison, is it?

If we look at points won compared to tournaments played, Murray is (well) ahead (351 - 291).

If we look at win to loss ratio, Murray is (well) ahead (5.4 - 3.3).

Ferrer is ahead in the race because he's played FIVE more tournaments, including a Slam.

This is what I argued. Unfortunately some people can't see the bigger picture.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #421 on: June 25, 2013, 02:37 PM »

If we're honest, Murray has hardly played this year. All in all, it's astonishing that he's world number two and on course for London.

If you ask me it tells you how good he is.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #422 on: June 26, 2013, 11:42 AM »

Is it me or is Sue Barker being really supportive of Andy this year? I think it's quite noticeable how she has got behind him. Nice to see it.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #423 on: June 26, 2013, 12:59 PM »

Federer's draw is getting easier and easier.
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #424 on: June 26, 2013, 07:13 PM »

Federer's draw is getting easier and easier.

So is Andy's to be fair. There's a tendency to say the draws don't matter (you have to "beat the best to be the best") but that's complete bunkum as far as I'm concerned. Cilic and Tsonga both pulling out is a big slice of luck whichever way you look at it.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #425 on: June 26, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Is it me or is Sue Barker being really supportive of Andy this year? I think it's quite noticeable how she has got behind him. Nice to see it.
I think she's always been supportive and has a massive soft spot for him. I think he makes us more mature ladies feel maternal and protective.  There's always been a vulnerability about him, from day one.  tender
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #426 on: June 26, 2013, 07:21 PM »

The most important thing about the draw is that a player, any player, is able to take advantage of it. It's all very well having a fairly easy draw, but if a player then takes their foot off the gas, they can still find themselves in trouble. I suspect Andy will stay as focused on the task whoever he faces in the rounds ahead.

It is wierd though, it feels to me like all the draws for the 'big three' have come much more in to line than some might have expected, or am I imagining that?

I was sorry to see JWT go out. I like Jo, and to be honest I think Andy would have beaten him anyway.

Is it possible for someone to do a bit of a recap on Andy's draw, looking at the rest of his potential opponents? With all the withdrawals I've lost track.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #427 on: June 26, 2013, 07:23 PM »

I think she's always been supportive and has a massive soft spot for him. I think he makes us more mature ladies feel maternal and protective.  There's always been a vulnerability about him, from day one.  tender

I don't know, I think at times she's been very much in the pro-Fed camp. This year I sense something different - maybe as a result of last year.

It would be nice if she'd stop making him cry though!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #428 on: June 26, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Andy is always very respectful of the opponent he is playing (unlike some I can mention Hmmmmm) he appears to be extremely focused this slam which is great to see.  His tennis has never been in doubt but he really is the complete package now.  But not getting carried away one match at a time.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #429 on: June 26, 2013, 07:25 PM »

I don't know, I think at times she's been very much in the pro-Fed camp. This year I sense something different - maybe as a result of last year.

It would be nice if she'd stop making him cry though!
Nah - I think she's just been doing her job, and trying to be professional re Fed.

She was very good in the Documentary in the way she handled it.  Seems like a really empathetic person. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #430 on: June 26, 2013, 07:28 PM »

Nah - I think she's just been doing her job, and trying to be professional re Fed.

She was very good in the Documentary in the way she handled it.  Seems like a really empathetic person. 

She was very good in the documentary. I thought she handled it well.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #431 on: June 26, 2013, 07:31 PM »

The most important thing about the draw is that a player, any player, is able to take advantage of it. It's all very well having a fairly easy draw, but if a player then takes their foot off the gas, they can still find themselves in trouble. I suspect Andy will stay as focused on the task whoever he faces in the rounds ahead.

It is wierd though, it feels to me like all the draws for the 'big three' have come much more in to line than some might have expected, or am I imagining that?

I was sorry to see JWT go out. I like Jo, and to be honest I think Andy would have beaten him anyway.

Is it possible for someone to do a bit of a recap on Andy's draw, looking at the rest of his potential opponents? With all the withdrawals I've lost track.

R3: Robredo
R4: Youzhny/Troicki
QF: Gulbis/Verdasco/Monaco/De Schepper
SF: Federer?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #432 on: June 26, 2013, 07:35 PM »

R3: Robredo
R4: Youzhny/Troicki
QF: Gulbis/Verdasco/Monaco/De Schepper
SF: Federer?

Bless you for that. Very interesting.
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #433 on: June 26, 2013, 07:38 PM »

If Federer gets knocked out here (massive massive if, but just for fun), the potential semi-final opponent would be one of:

Kubot
Paire
Mannarino
Brown
Almagro
Janowicz
Melzer
Stakhovsky
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #434 on: June 26, 2013, 07:40 PM »

If Federer gets knocked out here (massive massive if, but just for fun), the potential semi-final opponent would be one of:

Kubot
Paire
Mannarino
Brown
Almagro
Janowicz
Melzer
Stakhovsky

I'd want JJ gone, just to be on the safe side. His game is an odd one.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »