Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013

(Read 19839 times)
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #450 on: June 27, 2013, 09:10 AM »

I have confidence in Andy to beat Janowicz should they meet. Just like how Andy gave Raonic a clinic at Flushing Meadows, our boy will be fired up to put things right after his Paris defeat.
I don't think we have to worry on this just yet if they do meet it wont be until the semi final!
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #451 on: June 27, 2013, 09:43 AM »

I just cannot believe we are discussing Janowicz as Andy's most dangerous opponent considering the draw at the start of the championship!!! Its all just spinning me out!!!

Grand slams are completely different beasts to the wham bam nature of ATP tour events. Andy's maturity will carry him through!!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #452 on: June 27, 2013, 09:59 AM »

I just cannot believe we are discussing Janowicz as Andy's most dangerous opponent considering the draw at the start of the championship!!! Its all just spinning me out!!!

I agree hugo-it's weird how mixed up everything has become!

I have to say though,I feel really nervous about it all.All of the lower-ranked players will be really inspired by the upsets-I feel like Andy and Novak will be even bigger targets than they were before. I literally shudder to think what the reaction will be if Andy doesn't at least make it to the final.The knives wil be well and truly out.

And while on the one hand,it seems like the draw has opened up massively for him (in a  way it probably won't again at Wimbledon)-on the other hand,that scares me too-because the like of Gulbis,Janowicz etc are really unpredictable. OK,so on paper they're not as tough opponents as their higher-ranked counterparts,but they're still plenty capable of causing an upset,and Andy hasn't played them as much.At least with the likes of Tsonga or Federer he would've known exactly what to expect.

Sorry to be so negative-I don't mean to be a downer.I'm just really tense about it all,and I hate the way it seems like so many now (not really talking about anyone on here mind) think Andy's almost guaranteed a place in the final.Nobody's guaranteed that (as Federer found out much to his dismay Wink).
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #453 on: June 27, 2013, 10:24 AM »

I agree hugo-it's weird how mixed up everything has become!

I have to say though,I feel really nervous about it all.All of the lower-ranked players will be really inspired by the upsets-I feel like Andy and Novak will be even bigger targets than they were before. I literally shudder to think what the reaction will be if Andy doesn't at least make it to the final.The knives wil be well and truly out.

And while on the one hand,it seems like the draw has opened up massively for him (in a  way it probably won't again at Wimbledon)-on the other hand,that scares me too-because the like of Gulbis,Janowicz etc are really unpredictable. OK,so on paper they're not as tough opponents as their higher-ranked counterparts,but they're still plenty capable of causing an upset,and Andy hasn't played them as much.At least with the likes of Tsonga or Federer he would've known exactly what to expect.

Sorry to be so negative-I don't mean to be a downer.I'm just really tense about it all,and I hate the way it seems like so many now (not really talking about anyone on here mind) think Andy's almost guaranteed a place in the final.Nobody's guaranteed that (as Federer found out much to his dismay Wink).

You should perhaps have a bit more confidence in a player who has reached finals in the last 3 majors he has participated (including the Olympics). Andy peaks for slams these days so I think he will find a way to get through. I don't think he or Lendl will take any opponents lightly.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #454 on: June 27, 2013, 10:29 AM »

You should perhaps have a bit more confidence in a player who has reached finals in the last 3 majors he has participated (including the Olympics). Andy peaks for slams these days so I think he will find a way to get through. I don't think he or Lendl will take any opponents lightly.

It might not sound like it,but I do have confidence in Andy!It's everyone else that gets me nervous I hope you're right.I just want this so much for him,and it's been such a weird few days...my nerves are jangling and my tension levels are all over the place!! Rolling Eyes

And I don't think Andy would take Robredo lightly-or any opponent.Andy's made it very clear he's focused on his next match,and I believe that.But no matter how focused you are,upsets can happen...and I just desperately don't want him to be one of them!
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #455 on: June 27, 2013, 10:36 AM »

Yeah, the msm have already booked his place in the final but Andy being Andy as we all know will not let all this go to his head. He way to much of a seasoned professional for that i think.
Your not being negative dani, just quietly cautious like a lot of Murray  fans at the moment!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #456 on: June 27, 2013, 11:03 AM »

I am nervous myself now doh
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #457 on: June 27, 2013, 11:07 AM »

I am nervous myself now doh

poster_oops sorry Apologies if it's because of my ramblings!
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #458 on: June 27, 2013, 11:21 AM »

It's natural to be nervous because we all want Andy to win the title he wants the most. I've booked a day off next Friday for SFs and I hope the outcome will be the same as last year, Nole to lose in the SF and Andy to make the final.  nervous
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #459 on: June 27, 2013, 12:35 PM »

I think the nerves some have is because it's still so early in the tourney really. A lot could happen yet.

What I am confident about with Andy is that he will not take his eye off the ball. He will do everything within his power and then some.

Andy is well used to the pressure of Wimbledon. It reached fever pitch last year. I feel sure he will stay out of the craziness and concentrate on what he is there to do. Then it's just a case of one match at a time, the same as ever.

Andy is playing with the calm assurance of a champion. It looks good on him.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #460 on: June 27, 2013, 12:47 PM »

Most read story at the moment on the main BBC News page!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-23061405
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #461 on: June 27, 2013, 12:55 PM »

Here's from earlier on the beeb

IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #462 on: June 27, 2013, 02:10 PM »

I wonder how nervous Dani will be if Djokovic gets knocked out today  hug
[ Last edit by The Gnome June 27, 2013, 02:23 PM ] IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #463 on: June 27, 2013, 03:25 PM »

I wonder how nervous Dani will be if Djokovic gets knocked out today  hug

hug lol Oh maaan,very very.Actually I can't decide whether that'd be worse or better for my nerves lol!

Seriously though-is it just me that finds this year more nerve-racking than last year?I know, Teejay,that you said everything reached fever-pitch last year,and I don't disagree-the second Rafa was knocked out I remember how many thought that gave Andy a ticket to the final.But as bizarre as Rafa going out was,I don't remember it feeling this odd!Probably because Federer and Nole were still in the mix,or there weren't so many crazy upsets and injuries and so many seeds gone out early-but this year has just been so weird.And we're still only on day 4 of week 1!!It's all very nervous pullhair
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray at Wimbledon - June 24 - July 7, 2013 « Reply #464 on: June 27, 2013, 06:38 PM »

People on twitter panicking because of this picture. Hm..

[ Last edit by TheMadHatter June 27, 2013, 06:41 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »