Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday, Time - TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!!

(Read 1901 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « on: November 08, 2012, 05:39 PM »

Hey guys,

I am aware I posted a thread a few weeks back noting this but it is just a pure reminder. Andy Murray: Champion is out today and by what I have read in the sample chapter it seems like a pretty detailed book. It documents his life from Dunblane to the US Open 2012.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 07:30 PM »

You could of just bumped your old thread....
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 08:52 PM »

My copy arrive yesterday!!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Thanks for the reminder.

What's it like?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 11:38 PM »

I looked in the major book stores but didnt find it. I wonder though, how much of the book will make good reading if you have read "Coming of Age" ?  I mean, it must repeat some of his life story.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 12:04 AM »

I think I'm gonna miss out on buying this one. I prefer autobiographies and I will wait for his next one to be released.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 12:12 AM »

I think I'm gonna miss out on buying this one. I prefer autobiographies and I will wait for his next one to be released.

While I too prefer autobiographies,and very much hope that Andy will release another one someday,I think we'll be waiting a long while for it.In fact,I could be wrong,but I can't see him releasing another one before retirement.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 01:26 PM »

I've read the intro and looked at the photos only so far. I'm half way through another book currently. Its right up to date, even the photos Olympics, USO and Dumblane walkabout all in it!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 12:49 AM »

by what I have read in the sample chapter it seems like a pretty detailed book. It documents his life from Dunblane to the US Open 2012.

Did you read this sample chapter online?If you did,do you think you could send me the link please?I've looked around a bit,but can't find anything,and I'd be interested to see how it's written.Thanks!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 11:46 PM »

I read it on iBooks on my iPad.

I got the book today in hardback and so far I am half way through Chapter 1. It's a short easy read. 241 pages and about size 16 font.

The book is really detailed too and Hodgkinson doesn't fail to miss any points from what I've read.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 12:01 AM »

I've just started reading mine.    I am enjoying it although I don't  think there is anything I didn't
know, so far. but somehow it brings it all together.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 12:12 AM »

I've not started reading my copy yet but I've flicked through it. It pains me to say but I've already read Pippa Middleton's name TWICE. Arghhhhhhhh

Page 173
Lendl removing his headgear wouldn't have helped to improve Murray's game, but the arrival of Middleton and several thousand Americans did something for the Briton.

The book mentions that she is a friend of the Federer family.  What has that got to do with Andy?

I'm sooooooooooooooo sick of seeing this woman. Every single time the cameras focus on her I want to smash my TV.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 12:36 AM »

You pick up quite a lot of information with a flick IR.   My flicks consist of looking at the pictures!!!
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 01:10 AM »

You pick up quite a lot of information with a flick IR.   My flicks consist of looking at the pictures!!!

Well, I have to say I went back and found that specific bit. Just to show how pointless the mention of this woman is.

I've read a few paragraphs from different chapters.

I'm sure it won't surprise anyone but the England joke is mentioned AGAIN. Yep, that never gets old.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ANDY MURRAY BOOK OUT TODAY!!!! « Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 07:38 AM »

Think I'll wait till A. retires.
Agree with IonaRed, any mention of Pippa Middleton makes me want to vomit
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »