Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk

(Read 4644 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #45 on: November 14, 2013, 09:23 AM »

Aileen, my comment about Andy and Kim's matrimonial situation was not meant to be taken seriously. I do agree with you that some time in the near future is more likely, but not this year.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #46 on: November 14, 2013, 11:49 AM »

He's playing Abu Dhabi and Doha, as well as the Dream Cup. I'm pretty sure he won't be missing the AO, but lets just scrap the facts in front of us.
He hopes to be playing these tournaments but he has made clear all along that he won't play again until he is 100 per cent fit to do so.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #47 on: November 14, 2013, 12:58 PM »

Not making any predictions just hope to see a healthy Andy back on court. The wins will come and I am happy with that.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #48 on: November 14, 2013, 01:36 PM »

He hopes to be playing these tournaments but he has made clear all along that he won't play again until he is 100 per cent fit to do so.

Well he is back hitting and he has the remainder of November and December to get himself back together. I really strongly believe he won't miss a single tournament.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #49 on: November 14, 2013, 02:53 PM »

Going to be a big year.

Aussie Open

Win

French

Quarters

Wimbledon

win

US Open

Runner-up

Masters

2 titles
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #50 on: November 14, 2013, 02:59 PM »

My predictions...

Aus open- semis
French- semis
Wimby- Win
USO- semis

1 masters and 2 or 3 ATP 500 tournaments.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #51 on: November 14, 2013, 05:27 PM »

Aileen, my comment about Andy and Kim's matrimonial situation was not meant to be taken seriously. I do agree with you that some time in the near future is more likely, but not this year.
My apologies OSS, but I wish people would use emoticons to indicate the intention of their posts, especially as humour often doesn't come across in cold print. Smile   

I took that to mean only the AO since it was his participation in that which was what Andy was referring to when asked about it in an interview, and what he actually said was that he wouldn't play unless he felt fit enough to win it - 'fit' presumably including match fit as well as physically and mentally fit, which makes sense to me, and he won't get all that unless he starts playing tournaments as soon as his back has recovered sufficiently to allow him to do so, which is why the Dream Cup sounds an excellent place for him to start.

[ Last edit by Aileen November 14, 2013, 05:34 PM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #52 on: November 14, 2013, 05:32 PM »

I took that to mean only the AO since it was his participation in that which was what Andy was referring to when asked about it in an interview, and what he actually said was that he wouldn't play unless he felt fit enough to win it - 'fit' presumably including match fit as well as physically and mentally fit, which makes sense to me, and he won't get all that unless he starts playing tournaments as soon as his back has recovered sufficiently to allow him to do so, which is why the Dream Cup sounds an excellent place for him to start.

Totally agree with you Aileen. hug
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #53 on: November 14, 2013, 05:49 PM »

I think now that Andy has two slams, he knows he can win them now and will be confident going into them.  I think he may be a little tentative in the beginning, watching for any pain, but I think he will do well in 2014.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #54 on: November 14, 2013, 06:31 PM »

Why do loads of people think he will win the AO?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #55 on: November 14, 2013, 06:40 PM »

I dont
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #56 on: November 14, 2013, 06:42 PM »

Aileen @5.27pm - yes I meant to say that I imagine he'll use the Dream Cup to assess whether he's fit enough to play competitive matches - though of course there is still some time for working on his fitness between then and the next tournament at the year end.  I'm being cautious partly because I don't want to be disappointed all over again, if he decides he's not fit enough to play a competitive tournament in January.  But I hope those who are confidently predicting that he'll play all the tournaments for which he is entered and will do well are right.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #57 on: November 14, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Aileen @5.27pm - yes I meant to say that I imagine he'll use the Dream Cup to assess whether he's fit enough to play competitive matches - though of course there is still some time for working on his fitness between then and the next tournament at the year end.  I'm being cautious partly because I don't want to be disappointed all over again, if he decides he's not fit enough to play a competitive tournament in January.  But I hope those who are confidently predicting that he'll play all the tournaments for which he is entered and will do well are right.
I have a feeling that missing the AO could be a possibility and have no expectations for Abu Dhabi (where he's scheduled to play Tsonga initially, with the winner meeting Djokovic, so pretty tough), although he might do better in Doha, except the website hasn't been updated so I don't know who the other players are, but last year Ferrer was the No.1 seed.  Also after beating Croatia in the DC Andy committed himself, if 'fit and healthy, to playing in the tie against the US in San Diego (31 Jan - 2 Feb), with the US having opted to play the tie on clay.
[ Last edit by Aileen November 14, 2013, 07:46 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #58 on: November 14, 2013, 08:19 PM »

I don't think he'll win AO. Far too soon.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #59 on: November 15, 2013, 04:34 AM »

Maybe because people have confidence in Andy's ability. If Andy is healthy and after playing a few tournaments. I see no reason why he can not win the AO.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »