Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk

(Read 4581 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 07:23 PM »

I think he could win the Australian Open if his back is okay. I would love him to win Wimbledon too. I just hope his back is better if he wins slams or not that is the main consideration.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 07:29 PM »

I agree with those of you cautioning against expecting too much as Andy plays himself back into form.  At this stage we can't even be sure he'll be fit enough to play AO never mind win it.  We're all going to have to learn to be more patient than we sometimes are - and I include myself in that.
My main hope is that he recovers fully and is able to play freely and play the kind of shots he says he's not been able to play since the back started troubling him. If you add that to his more aggressive style of play these days, then I think it could end up a very good year indeed, even if it starts slowly.  I'd love to see him crown it with the WTF title, having picked up a couple of slams and some masters on the way.  But that's a hope rather than a prediction.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 07:33 PM »

I agree with those of you cautioning against expecting too much as Andy plays himself back into form.  At this stage we can't even be sure he'll be fit enough to play AO never mind win it.  We're all going to have to learn to be more patient than we sometimes are - and I include myself in that.
My main hope is that he recovers fully and is able to play freely and play the kind of shots he says he's not been able to play since the back started troubling him. If you add that to his more aggressive style of play these days, then I think it could end up a very good year indeed, even if it starts slowly.  I'd love to see him crown it with the WTF title, having picked up a couple of slams and some masters on the way.  But that's a hope rather than a prediction.

He's playing Abu Dhabi and Doha, as well as the Dream Cup. I'm pretty sure he won't be missing the AO, but lets just scrap the facts in front of us.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 07:41 PM »

Andy and Kim to get engaged early part of the year, especially if he doesn't play AO.

Andy and Kim to marry off season end of 2014, if hotel is ready.
And I predict that they will NOT get engaged let alone married next year, although an engagement would be nice, but Andy has maintained in the past that he wouldn't want to get married until he was about 29.  They seem very happy the way things are anyway.

As for any tennis predictions, I'd prefer to leave this until we can get an idea of just how successful the back operation was, not just on the level of pain relief but the impact it will have on his game - and on that matter I do not want to see any comparisons on here with Nadal should Andy struggle to find his feet again at the start of the season, with skipping the AO being a strong possibility for the moment at least.

There's a big difference between fully recovering from what was reportedly some form of knee inflammation and recovering from a delicate back op, no matter how minor it was claimed to have been, especially as we don't know just exactly what issues were, or perhaps still are, involved which meant that a bone had to be slightly shaved.  As backhandslice@03:19pm yesterday hints - we may need to be patient with him.

He's playing Abu Dhabi and Doha, as well as the Dream Cup. I'm pretty sure he won't be missing the AO, but lets just scrap the facts in front of us.
Yes Gangsta but we're dealing on this thread with predictions, plus making a fair degree of speculation, not just the here and now facts.  Anyway I seem to recall that you kept insisting that Andy would play in the WTF despite it being obvious from the facts before us at the time that he wouldn't.
[ Last edit by Aileen November 13, 2013, 07:48 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 07:45 PM »

And I predict that they will NOT get engaged let alone married next year, although an engagement would be nice, but Andy has maintained in the past that he wouldn't want to get married until he was about 29.  They seem very happy the way things are anyway.

As for any tennis predictions, I'd prefer to leave this until we can get an idea of just how successful the back operation was, not just on the level of pain relief but the impact it will have on his game - and on that matter I do not want to see any comparisons on here with Nadal should Andy struggle to find his feet again at the start of the season, with skipping the AO being a strong possibility for the moment at least.

There's a big difference between fully recovering from what was reportedly some form of knee inflammation and recovering from a delicate back op, no matter how minor it was claimed to have been, especially as we don't know just exactly what issues were, or perhaps still are, involved which meant that a bone had to be slightly shaved.  As backhandslice@03:19pm yesterday hints - we may need to be patient with him.

Yes Gangsta but we're dealing on this thread with predictions, plus a fair degree of speculation, not just the here and now facts.

Predictions on how he will do for the year! Not a prediction on whether he will miss the AO or not.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 07:56 PM »

I do not want to see any comparisons on here with Nadal should Andy struggle to find his feet again at the start of the season, with skipping the AO being a strong possibility for the moment at least.

cmon yeah
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 07:58 PM »

The Tradesman will win all the exhos he plays, but will fail to win an ATP level title.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 08:03 PM »

^ stirrer!
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 08:03 PM »

The Tradesman will win all the exhos he plays, but will fail to win an ATP level title.
So your saying a pain free unhindered Murray will be worse than a Murray with crippling back pain.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 08:04 PM »

So your saying a pain free unhindered Murray will be worse than a Murray with crippling back pain.

He's joking. Well he should be because Andy's losing to Serena. Yep, I said it. Suck it haters.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 08:13 PM »

I was joking.

The tradesman will probably win 1 or 2 masters 1000's, a 500 (since he only plays like 2), a 250 (Queen's).

I am not sure about slams though.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 08:18 PM »

Predictions on how he will do for the year! Not a prediction on whether he will miss the AO or not.
I said that I wasn't prepared to offer predictions for the year (apart from the engagement/marriage one) until we can have an idea as to how far his back has recovered.

cmon yeah
And you're going to be onto anyone who displays signs of negativity and give them a good sharp nip!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Too right!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 09:13 PM »

And I'll be right behind you.  My teeth can be sharp too when necessary!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 09:33 PM »

And I'll be right behind you.  My teeth can be sharp too when necessary!

Your a vampire!! I knew it.....creeping about through the night is a dead giveaway  w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »