Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk  (Read 3212 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #60 on: November 15, 2013, 09:53 AM »

we just don't know how he's going to react to a period without playing any tennis or doing any training at all.  It may prove to be a blessing if he comes back refreshed mentally and physically.  But we have to allow for the possibility that he might be rather tentative to begin with and that it might take longer than the AO to play himself back into form. 
If it does, I do hope that he doesn't receive the usual torrent of abuse from certain quarters  Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #61 on: November 15, 2013, 09:47 PM »

we just don't know how he's going to react to a period without playing any tennis or doing any training at all.  It may prove to be a blessing if he comes back refreshed mentally and physically.  But we have to allow for the possibility that he might be rather tentative to begin with and that it might take longer than the AO to play himself back into form. 
If it does, I do hope that he doesn't receive the usual torrent of abuse from certain quarters  Whistle
If necessary, abusers will be firmly sat on Ruthie, and Westie will be running in there to give them a good sharp nip as well!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #62 on: November 15, 2013, 10:39 PM »

Why do loads of people think he will win the AO?

Cos he's been in 3 finals and it's the next logical target to knock off.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #63 on: November 15, 2013, 10:49 PM »

Which would be logical if he's 100% physically and match fit, which there's a strong possibility he might not be by the time next year's AO starts.  I think a good dose of reality is required by some on MW.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #64 on: November 15, 2013, 11:15 PM »

If necessary, abusers will be firmly sat on Ruthie, and Westie will be running in there to give them a good sharp nip as well!

together  wuff wuff!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #65 on: November 15, 2013, 11:49 PM »

He wasn't returning from back surgery when he made any of those finals...
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #66 on: November 16, 2013, 01:06 AM »

End of the day andys health and happiness is more important than whatever happens in 2014! Hes done more than enough this past 18 months to prove he is a superstar. Just seeing him back on tour hitting a ball will be enough for me. Love you Andy  wub
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #67 on: November 16, 2013, 09:52 AM »

No 'predictions' from me - it's all guesswork. None of us know how Andy will be after his surgery lay-off.
But my 3 'hopes' for 2014 are that: he gets back to 100%; he stays injury-free throughout the year; and the relationship with Lendl remains strong & helps him pinpoint what needs to be done to fine tune his game.
I can't wait to see him playing again - and wish him the best of luck.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #68 on: November 16, 2013, 05:55 PM »

No 'predictions' from me - it's all guesswork. None of us know how Andy will be after his surgery lay-off.
But my 3 'hopes' for 2014 are that: he gets back to 100%; he stays injury-free throughout the year; and the relationship with Lendl remains strong & helps him pinpoint what needs to be done to fine tune his game.
I can't wait to see him playing again - and wish him the best of luck.
My sentiments too, matchpoint.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #69 on: November 16, 2013, 07:34 PM »

yes sharpen those teeth ww
IP Logged
dave_ladder

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #70 on: December 08, 2013, 11:18 PM »

Part of the fun in following a sport like tennis is making predictions. They might be wrong half the time, but so long as they're honest (i.e. not just trying to get a reaction, or trash someone for the sake of it) I don't see the problem.

Personally, I'll be surprised if he can play his best tennis in Australia. I don't think that should be expected as any sort of layoff from playing competitive matches is going to have an impact. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think quarter-finals or semi-finals would be a good start then he can build on it going forward.
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #71 on: December 08, 2013, 11:23 PM »

Im expecting Andy to be 90% fit by the time the AO. Remember he has Abu Dhabi and then Qatar so hopefully he can get in 5 or 6 good matches. He'll be too good for any opponents in the 1st couple of rounds at the AO and by that time he should be nearing 100% in my opinion. Andy really hasn;t missed much tennis and hopefully the lay-off will have recharged his batteries.  All the comments from Andy have been positive so there is no reason to worry IMO.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #72 on: December 08, 2013, 11:43 PM »

Im expecting Andy to be 90% fit by the time the AO. Remember he has Abu Dhabi and then Qatar so hopefully he can get in 5 or 6 good matches. He'll be too good for any opponents in the 1st couple of rounds at the AO and by that time he should be nearing 100% in my opinion. Andy really hasn;t missed much tennis and hopefully the lay-off will have recharged his batteries.  All the comments from Andy have been positive so there is no reason to worry IMO.

The *cough* Back Surgeon has given his professional opinion.  Relax, folks.
[ Last edit by scotnadian December 08, 2013, 11:46 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #73 on: December 09, 2013, 02:05 AM »

The *cough* Back Surgeon has given his professional opinion.  Relax, folks.
lol  What comments from Andy anyway?  A few tweets and that's it.
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Andy Murray in 2014 - Predictions and general talk « Reply #74 on: December 13, 2013, 08:39 AM »

2 grand slams and year end number 1  Super
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »