Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray on Clay.Is he in the top 10? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Is Andy Murray in the Top 10 Clay Court Players
YES - 8 (34.8%)
NO - 15 (65.2%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray on Clay.Is he in the top 10?

(Read 3906 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray on Clay.Is he in the top 10? « Reply #105 on: May 11, 2013, 03:12 AM »

Well then, i guess after the mild dissapointment of watching Andy get beaten by Mr Charisma himself, time to think about Rome next week, always good when there's an immediate event the following week, as some guy on the BBC homepage says, it might be a blessing in disguise, Novak, Fed and now Andy will be suitably refreshed for Rome much more than the usual suspects who seem to have Andy's number on clay, Berdych and Stan going deep in Madrid surely can only be seen as a good thing for the Murray camp. A week off after then it's Slam time again, can't believe were at this stage of the year already.

So Andy got further in Madrid than he did in MC, so quarters here, semis in Rome? then the final in Paris?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray on Clay.Is he in the top 10? « Reply #106 on: May 11, 2013, 08:56 AM »

Like your optimism gnome  yay
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy Murray on Clay.Is he in the top 10? « Reply #107 on: May 11, 2013, 10:04 AM »

Optimism is what is required I think until Andy finds the magic ingredients to give him a better chance on clay. Is he losing confidence in these matches perhaps? Is he unable to figure out the right game plan for his opponents? He seemed to have Berdych's measure in the first set although he still couldn't convert the break points which was what he had trouble with in his previous match. At least he has gone further than previous years and Mark Petchey says he has definitely improved on clay this year and he should know I suppose.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray on Clay.Is he in the top 10? « Reply #108 on: May 11, 2013, 11:16 AM »

So Andy got further in Madrid than he did in MC, so quarters here, semis in Rome? then the final in Paris?
It's the logical way to look at it! lol
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray on Clay.Is he in the top 10? « Reply #109 on: May 11, 2013, 11:16 AM »

like you Jan I'm taking heart from what Petch said after the match (which I caught).  I think I'll just watch the first set as it sounds like Andy played some really good tennis and then delete the recording.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray on Clay.Is he in the top 10? « Reply #110 on: May 11, 2013, 04:53 PM »

Ha! That's  exactly what I thought! clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »