Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 16028 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #120 on: October 28, 2012, 06:15 PM »

I'm pretty sure that once the draw has been made, it's the 9th (now 8th) seed who takes Federer's spot (and bye) while the 17th ranked and new 16th seed takes the place of the formerly 9th seeded player.  That's what I read somewhere.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #121 on: October 28, 2012, 06:21 PM »

I'm not sure though if it goes for this particular scenario as well, because Andy is now the 2nd seed and the 1st and 2nd seeds are usually placed on opposite sides of the draw. But since this doesn't really change much, as they are still in opposite halves, the 9th seed, in this case Gasquet, will probably just get Federer's draw and Simon (the highest unseeded player) will get Gasquet's draw and then a LL will get his draw.

E. Qualifying started or finished
1) During Qualifying Competition. If a lucky loser position should become available
during the qualifying competition, it shall be treated the same as the qualifying
places for placement in the main draw. If a seeded player or team withdraws
after the main draw has been made but prior to the release of the order of play for
the first day of main draw (which would mean prior to sunday's OOP if I'm not mistaken), the vacancy created by the withdrawal of a seed shall
be filled by the following method:

a) 16/24 (Doubles)/32/48/64 and 96 Draw. The vacancy shall be filled by the
next highest positioned player or team in the main draw eligible to be seeded.
The appropriate lucky loser shall fill the remaining vacancy.
b) 28 Draw. If the vacancy involves a seed #1-4, then seed #5 moves to the
vacated seed position and the next highest positioned player in the main draw
eligible to be seeded shall be placed in the position vacated by the #5 seed.
The appropriate lucky loser shall fill the remaining vacancy.
c) 56 Draw. If the vacancy involves a seed #1-8, then seed #9 moves to the
vacated seed position and the next highest positioned player or team in the
main draw eligible to be seeded shall be placed in the position vacated by the
#9 seed. The appropriate lucky loser shall fill the remaining vacancy.If the vacancy involves a seed #9-16, then the next highest positioned player
or team in the main draw eligible to be seeded shall be placed in the vacated
seed position. The appropriate lucky loser shall fill the remaining vacancy.
[ Last edit by silver lining October 28, 2012, 06:26 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #122 on: October 28, 2012, 06:31 PM »

TOO CONFUSED. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #123 on: October 28, 2012, 06:31 PM »

Too confusing for me as well.  I'll wait till the amended draw comes out!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #124 on: October 28, 2012, 06:33 PM »

Meanwhile 17yo Kyle Edmund becomes the youngest Briton since Murray back in 2004 to win a Futures title, toppling the 3rd seed (a player ranked 350 places above him) to do so.

Will now be the highest ranked of his generation.

And to think he's still got another year in the Juniors yet.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter October 28, 2012, 06:41 PM ] IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #125 on: October 28, 2012, 06:38 PM »

They might use the old rankings (from this week) anyway, so instead of Simon, Kohli could be seeded and Monaco could get Fed's draw...

It is a bit confusing. Oh well.

Congrats to Kyle Edmund!  yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #126 on: October 28, 2012, 06:39 PM »

Now I wonder if Fed would have withdrawn had he won today    confused
Surely they wouldn't switch the other top seeds' draw at this late stage?  Sure hope not just when Andy's looked kind for once.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #127 on: October 28, 2012, 06:43 PM »

fed's press  http://sport.ch.sportalsports.com/sportch/generated/article/tennis/2012/10/28/25089100000.html
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #128 on: October 28, 2012, 06:46 PM »

This is what is says on Paris website - doesn't mention implications for the draw but not checked yet whether it's been altered yet

Originally scheduled to play in Paris, Roger Federer has decided to not participate in the 2012 BNPPM. Despite being title holder, Federer decided that playing in Paris would be too much for him to handle.

The announcement was made by the Swiss during the post match press conferernce after his defeat to Juan Martin Del Potro in the Basel final.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #129 on: October 28, 2012, 06:52 PM »

Thought it might be on the cards after Del Potro beat him today. He does not like losing particularly in front of his home crowd.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #130 on: October 28, 2012, 06:58 PM »

Fed said he would have withdrawn anyway even if he'd won Basel. It does make a Berdych/Murray semi-final more likely next week though - think I'd have preferred Fed tbh...
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #131 on: October 28, 2012, 07:00 PM »

^ I agree.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #132 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03 PM »

Meanwhile 17yo Kyle Edmund becomes the youngest Briton since Murray back in 2004 to win a Futures title, toppling the 3rd seed (a player ranked 350 places above him) to do so.

Will now be the highest ranked of his generation.

And to think he's still got another year in the Juniors yet.
Great news.  Could we be looking at the next Murray?

Fed said he would have withdrawn anyway even if he'd won Basel. It does make a Berdych/Murray semi-final more likely next week though - think I'd have preferred Fed tbh...
Fed says he's got a few minor aches and pains and doesn't want to take any chances.  I think nearly all the players could make the same excuse but I realise Fed does have to be careful at his age especially as his body will take a longer time to recover.  Even although he's only 25 Andy has said he notices the same thing about himself.  Tennis is such a physically punishing sport these days I expect very few players will carry on playing into their 30s.

[ Last edit by Aileen October 28, 2012, 07:12 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #133 on: October 28, 2012, 07:18 PM »

Hmm I wonder.  If so why didn't he tell them sooneer?  I'd have preferred fed in the SF too, assuming Andy gets that far.   But I'm torn as part of me doesn't want Andy having to go straight from a final in Paris to WTF but nor do I want him beaten by Birdy [or anyone else come to that] just before WTF.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #134 on: October 28, 2012, 07:27 PM »

no Andy tomorrow  but Ross and Colin are in action Smile http://www.fft.fr/sites/default/files/pdf/bnppm2012lundi28.pdf
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »