Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 17442 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #135 on: October 28, 2012, 07:36 PM »

Hmm I wonder.  If so why didn't he tell them sooneer?  I'd have preferred fed in the SF too, assuming Andy gets that far.   But I'm torn as part of me doesn't want Andy having to go straight from a final in Paris to WTF but nor do I want him beaten by Birdy [or anyone else come to that] just before WTF.
He said it was a last-minute decision (though he was talking about it even before Basel so not sure if I believe him). It definitely seems like his achievements this season have taken it out of him so skipping Paris makes sense. I don't see him being the same force at the WTF that he was in 2010 and 2011 this time round though.

It'll be interesting to see how the top guys do in Paris as traditionally there's lots of early exits. I don't think Andy's ever made it to the SF there? 

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #136 on: October 28, 2012, 07:39 PM »

He said it was a last-minute decision (though he was talking about it even before Basel so not sure if I believe him). It definitely seems like his achievements this season have taken it out of him so skipping Paris makes sense. I don't see him being the same force at the WTF that he was in 2010 and 2011 this time round though.

It'll be interesting to see how the top guys do in Paris as traditionally there's lots of early exits. I don't think Andy's ever made it to the SF there? 

It's the only Masters he's never made it past the QFs isn't it?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #137 on: October 28, 2012, 07:46 PM »

I'm torn as part of me doesn't want Andy having to go straight from a final in Paris to WTF but nor do I want him beaten by Birdy [or anyone else come to that] just before WTF.
I agree Ruthie.  It's quite a dilemma.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 28, 2012, 08:03 PM ] IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #138 on: October 28, 2012, 07:48 PM »

Yeah I think so - it's surprising that he's not done as well here as he's usually good indoors. I guess the timing of the tournament doesn't help.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #139 on: October 28, 2012, 07:52 PM »

This has implications for the rankings, doesn't it? Fed was defending Paris.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #140 on: October 28, 2012, 07:53 PM »

Surely not?  Off the top of my head, I remember Andy going out rather ignominiously in his first match in IW last year and followed that up with a similar exit in Miami.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 28, 2012, 07:56 PM ] IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #141 on: October 28, 2012, 07:55 PM »

Victor Hanescu will replace Federer in the main draw. So everything else stays the same.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #142 on: October 28, 2012, 07:59 PM »

Surely not?  Off the top of my head, I remember Andy going out rather ignominiously in his first match in IW last year and followed that up with a similar exist in Miami.

Andy made the final of IW against Nadal in 09.  Made the finals of Miami in 09 and '11  against Nole.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #143 on: October 28, 2012, 08:04 PM »

So really the only players who'll it affect (and I'm sure they're rubbing their hands with glee) will be those who could have faced the prospect of playing Fed before the SF?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #144 on: October 28, 2012, 08:04 PM »

Nole a certain No 1 now yay
I want Andy to do really well at the WTF. Last year people were all saying that he was the only player who could take it to Fed there and then of course he got injured.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #145 on: October 28, 2012, 08:07 PM »

Andy made the final of IW against Nadal in 09.  Made the finals of Miami in 09 and '11  against Nole.
Yes, but unless I've misunderstood, MH said that "Paris is the only Masters he's never made it past the QFs isn't it?" - and that's what I was responding to.  Also whilst he lost to Nadal in IW he defeated Nole in Miami.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #146 on: October 28, 2012, 08:09 PM »

Yes, but unless I've misunderstood, MH said that "Paris is the only Masters he's never made it past the QFs isn't it?" - and that's what I was responding to.
Yes, as in he's made the semi-finals or better of all the other Masters one year or another, but has never gone further than the quarter-finals in Paris.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #147 on: October 28, 2012, 08:10 PM »

So really the only players who'll it affect (and I'm sure they're rubbing their hands with glee) will be those who could have faced the prospect of playing Fed before the SF?

Yes. And this LL is especially lucky since he got a 1st round bye on top of everything.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #148 on: October 28, 2012, 08:13 PM »

This means Nole is #1 for year end.  cmon yeah

And this also means that #2 is getting very close for Andy: Fed is at 9465 and Andy is at 7510.  superman

That’s a difference of 1955, but when we subtract Fed’s 1000 points from Paris last year, as well as Andy’s 180 points points from Paris last year, that cuts the point difference to 1135 points.

Murray has nothing to defend at WTF (he played only one match, which he lost, and then he pulled out); Fed has 1500 points to defend.

Depending on what happens at WTF and pre-AO next year, there’s a slight chance that Andy could be seeded #2 at the AO, although he has 250 to defend at Brisbane and Fed has only 90 to defend at Doha. So it’s likely Fed will still have #2 for the AO. But it’s getting very close.  clap

Are these numbers correct??

IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #149 on: October 28, 2012, 08:16 PM »

^ Those are the race rakings. Nothing gets substracted from them. In order for Andy to get to #2, he would have to win Paris and the WTFs while Fed has to lose at least one RR match in London and doesn't get further than the semis.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »