Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 15586 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #45 on: October 26, 2012, 12:14 PM »

He's already in Surrey, no? I was under the impression he'd been home for a few days.

MH, what do you consider is Andy's home? Surrey or Dunblane?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #46 on: October 26, 2012, 12:58 PM »

MH, what do you consider is Andy's home? Surrey or Dunblane?
He lives in Surrey.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #47 on: October 26, 2012, 01:01 PM »

Perhaps couldn't get a seat on Eurostar which suited his schedule.  He's certainly travelled with Eurostar before to Paris. 
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #48 on: October 26, 2012, 01:18 PM »

He lives in Surrey.

I know he does. Your post was slightly confusing
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #49 on: October 26, 2012, 01:34 PM »

I think he lives in Surrey as it's easy to commute to anywhere in the world, thus making life easier.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 03:11 PM »

But do we want to see Andy win tournaments just because the other top guys have played tough tournaments whereas Andy has rested or tanked his matches? I don't think so. Andy has to go 100% all out to win Paris IMO. None of this tanking at the QF stage nonsense. He should still have enough left for the WTF. As someone said previously the next 2 weeks will be just like a Slam.

First, I don’t actually understand your first statement. Andy has played tough tournaments such as all the Majors, and Olympics and since he desperately wanted to win a Slam this year, everything else was less priority or no priority at all. He didn’t do it to rest but to prepare himself the most for the biggest events. There’s a big difference in that and you should be able to see it.

As to your 2nd highlighted statement, no, it won’t be anything like a Slam. A Masters tournament and WTF are by no means equivalent to a Slam. A Slam is always a very different animal altogether and so the mindset is also very different for players. This is the place where they try their best and this is where they tend to rise and shine, so their approach is also very different.

Here you have first, two different tournaments going on and all players but one will see losses and that's a break of momentum right there. And as for the winning player, the win may damage his chances for the next tournament as he might get too comfortable or even feel a lot exhausted or it can increase his chances (only in a couple of cases that might actually happen but  Andy is not one of them).

And WTF is consistent of top 8 players who have qualified and that means playing all the top players all the time within the same week and that’s not an easy task at all. Even in a Slam, you get a break earlier on and you don’t have to play necessarily your best all the time let alone all the best players in each round.

I am not saying that it’s not doable for Andy but this just doesn’t feel the right year for him. He might already be feeling a lot of the effect of his recent success that made him wait a bit too long. He’s not a robot and he needs his mind to get around things first and it’s basically a process.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 03:47 PM »

^^ And a slam is over 5 sets not 3.
In any instance I think Andy will play as well as he can to win Paris but he will not be digging too deep as another masters is just that. Another masters.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 04:09 PM »

Yes, I forgot about the 5 set format so that's a tougher deal but at the same time, it gives you a better chance to come back in case you fall behind.

I don't think Andy should be too hung up on WTF. If the draw in Paris opens up, he should by all means, go for it. After all, there’s no guarantee that he’ll win WTF if he gets much needed rest.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #53 on: October 26, 2012, 04:55 PM »

I know he does. Your post was slightly confusing
So therefore his home is in Surrey. No?
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #54 on: October 26, 2012, 05:07 PM »

So therefore his home is in Surrey. No?

You win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #55 on: October 26, 2012, 05:45 PM »

Here is the live draw:

https://secure.fft.fr/applet_tirage/BNPPM2012/web/tab.htm

Sorry.. doesn't seem to be working now. Guess we will wait until official. Soz.
[ Last edit by scotnadian October 26, 2012, 05:48 PM ] IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #56 on: October 26, 2012, 05:53 PM »

Murray in Federer's half, with Berdych in the SF.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #57 on: October 26, 2012, 05:54 PM »

Murray in Federer's half.  Tipsy in Murray's quarter.

draw Bye, Mathieu, Cilic, Tipsy, Fed, Nole.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #58 on: October 26, 2012, 05:57 PM »

Seems to be quite a good draw.
I find Cilic and Tipsy more threatening than Fed..
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #59 on: October 26, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Seems to be quite a good draw.
I find Cilic and Tipsy more threatening than Fed..
Why? Long time since they got past Andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »