Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 17761 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Just thought I would start the thread for the final Masters 1000 a week early so we can discuss the tournament in detail before it actually begins. This will be Andy's first tournament back after that somewhat heart wrenching Shanghai loss. Will Andy be a little rusty after hurting his back or will he come out firing?
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:02 PM »

Paris is a weird tournament. Would quite like to see him get a few matches in, then get knocked out to have a few days rest before London.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:39 PM »

I hope he plays. He'll probably come out firing, but I'd take a loss to someone like Del Potro or Ferrer (if they're playing), if it means Andy gets rest. Anyone But Federer....
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 05:22 PM »

I would like him to win this title...it would be his first masters this year.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 06:46 PM »

Can't believe Andy's too serious about Paris.  Think he'll play and then be happy to reach the QF's, keep is ranking points from last year, and get home on Friday night ready for the WTF's on the Monday.  Anyone playing in the Paris final will have a major disadvantage at the WTF
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 07:13 PM »

True there is hardly any time between Paris finishing and the WTF starting.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:48 AM »

Can't believe Andy's too serious about Paris.  Think he'll play and then be happy to reach the QF's, keep is ranking points from last year, and get home on Friday night ready for the WTF's on the Monday.  Anyone playing in the Paris final will have a major disadvantage at the WTF
Yep.

Another 3-4 hour Murray/Djokovic final would effectively wipe both out for the WTF.

It's a tricky one, and that's down to the utterly inept scheduling. All of the top guys will want game time ahead of the WTF - none will want to go in completely cold - but then getting to the weekend could tire them out too much.

The ATP (assuming it is they who do the scheduling) are a disgrace.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 10:32 AM »

I just can't believe they aren't at least trying to change it!I know they're slow to change the scheduling,but you wouldn't even have to know much about tennis to look at the situation and know it's all wrong-it's just plain stupid!
IP Logged
Slamray

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 11:11 AM »

The week between Paris and WTF was taken out in order to meet the players request for a longer offseason. It's the first year this has bee the case and hopefully the last. There must be other weeks mid season that can be eliminated by redistributing 250's to other weeks.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 11:38 AM »

The clay season could have a week or two cut, for starters. Then bring the rest of the season forward a week and get that gap back between Paris and the WTF.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 01:47 PM »

The 2013 season will still have WTF immediately after Paris Masters. Perhaps the adjustment will occur in 2014.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 02:09 PM »

I know about the players request,Slamray,so i can sort-of see how it happened-I just don't understand how those in charge of scheduling let it happen,when it was so obviously going to work out like this.Surely,with a bit of imagination an alternative could've been found to the way it's happening now,because it just does not make sense!They need to get working on it pronto.
[ Last edit by xxdanixx October 22, 2012, 02:14 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 05:12 PM »

Since Andy opted out Basel, it's hard to say what his approach is going to be for this one. An early loss will keep the expectation lower for the next big one and will also give him some time to prepare accordingly. I am sure both Federer and Nole would give their best to win Paris and the next one as well and that may leave Andy much fresher of the bunch. The others who have also qualified for WTF tournament are playing a bit much, so I don’t think they’ll fancy their chances as much come November. Let’s see though.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 10:27 PM »

Looks like Tsonga has been over doing it to qualify for WTF. He had to retire against Malisse in the first set tonight whilst 1-3 down.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 10:31 PM »

Looks like Tsonga has been over doing it to qualify for WTF. He had to retire against Malisse in the first set tonight whilst 1-3 down.
Tipsy also retired vs Simon, but with Nadal probably not going to play anyway both should be fine to qualify. There's a fairly substantial gap between Tipsarevic and the rest.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »