Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 17013 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 01:46 AM »

Yep.... hard to gauge what the mindset will be going into this one... I'd guess Andy's main focus will be on the WTF, based on press comments etc. I'm wondering if Lendl will be with Andy at the WTF? But would be nice to win his first masters this season...but not if it is at the expense of winning the WTF.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 01:09 PM »

I would prefer Andy to win WTF than another Masters and I'm sure he would too.
Lb- no time at all!  Paris final on sunday and wtf starts monday.  What if the two finalists are in different groups so one has to play monday?
IP Logged
Slamray

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 01:35 PM »

Winning Paris and WTF would require playing roughly the same number of sets over two weeks as a slam. It's not physically impossible but I suppose all your opponents at the WTF won't have done the same if you go deep at Paris. Personally I don't think Andy can afford to tank major hard court events given his relative weakness on clay if he wants the no 1 spot anytime soon.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 01:35 PM »

I watched a little of the tennis from Basel yesterday and was amazed how little the crowd was. The crowd in the stadium was very very small you would think it being Smugfeds home tournament would be well attended.
IP Logged
Slamray

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 01:46 PM »

Was humblerer playing? Daytime sport during the working week is always poorly attended unless there is a good reason to take a day off work. If I had the leave I'd spend all of week after next at the O2, tickets for a few quid for daytime sessions.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 01:55 PM »

I watched a little of the tennis from Basel yesterday and was amazed how little the crowd was. The crowd in the stadium was very very small you would think it being Smugfeds home tournament would be well attended.
Those were my thoughts as well Lb even with Stan playing the crowds were not great.Bet when Fed has to play next it will be packed,but then again i suppose he will be playing in the evening.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 05:36 PM »

Winning Paris and WTF would require playing roughly the same number of sets over two weeks as a slam. It's not physically impossible but I suppose all your opponents at the WTF won't have done the same if you go deep at Paris. Personally I don't think Andy can afford to tank major hard court events given his relative weakness on clay if he wants the no 1 spot anytime soon.

Yeah good point re:clay....however...Andy can do much better on clay than he did last time around..which wasn't great.and so has a good chance to increase his points tally based on that.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 04:12 PM »

Rafa officially announced today he will not be here. Also not at WTF.
No surprise, but it's now official.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/10/Features/Paris-London-Finals-Nadal-Withdraws.aspx

IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 04:24 PM »

So pigs won't fly!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 04:26 PM »

Long break for Rafa. Will be more than six months.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 05:12 PM »

^^Therefore he wont be a threat to anyone for a while.
I think Andy can bag the AO & is my favourite for it.
He needs to consolidate his first slam win with another.
Federer is already spent and Novak benefited from a somewhat unfit Andy in Shanghai.
My view is that Andy has Novak's number and Rafa shall not be a force until the clay so to me Andy can take this slam and really set himself up for a Murray year.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 05:25 PM »

^^ Agree with that. Rafa did struggle initially when he took his first break after he lost to Soderling in 2009 at RG; albeit wasn't as long a break as this one but then again, 2010 was another story. Perhaps his 2nd biggest successful year after 2008. I don't think history always repeats but nonetheless, it will be interesting to see when he comes back.

AO would be nice for Andy no doubt. Andy's real danger will lie somewhere in the earlier rounds where he tends to struggle at times but other than that, it's within his reach and would be nice if he consolidates here. Nole is likely to fade next year but that too remains to be seen.

First thing first though.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 06:25 PM »

I would like him to win this title...it would be his first masters this year.
That would be nice, but I think winning the WTF is his top priority, so if his back is still a problem in Paris, or even if it isn't, he just needs to get to the QF to defend his ranking points.  I'm a bit fussy though as to who he could be beaten by - certainly not Berdych or Raonic! Whistle
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 08:05 PM »

I'm going to Bercy next Wed and Thur , so I hope he makes it. pray  Any other Andy fans going? If so, PM me and we'll meet up  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 09:43 PM »

Have a great time circe.  No I'm holding my fire for WTF.
Btw wouldn't we expect Andy to be over in Paris by now, getting used to the courts, if he were planning to play?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »