Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 15013 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 09:54 PM »

Have a great time circe.  No I'm holding my fire for WTF.
Btw wouldn't we expect Andy to be over in Paris by now, getting used to the courts, if he were planning to play?
He wouldn't be playing until Monday at the earliest, draw not until tomorrow night so I'm sure he doesn't need to be there yet. he knows the conditions and will have time to get used to it if he goes over at the weekend. There is no jet lag involved and a short journey over.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 10:02 PM »

That's true and in fact may not play till tues or wed perhaps as I think they get a bye don't they in first round in masters?  But while he might know the conditions, he still has to get used to them so I'd have thought he'd need a couple of days practice over there.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 10:42 PM »

Since Andy opted out Basel, it's hard to say what his approach is going to be for this one. An early loss will keep the expectation lower for the next big one and will also give him some time to prepare accordingly. I am sure both Federer and Nole would give their best to win Paris and the next one as well and that may leave Andy much fresher of the bunch.

But do we want to see Andy win tournaments just because the other top guys have played tough tournaments whereas Andy has rested or tanked his matches? I don't think so. Andy has to go 100% all out to win Paris IMO. None of this tanking at the QF stage nonsense. He should still have enough left for the WTF. As someone said previously the next 2 weeks will be just like a Slam.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 12:26 AM »

That's true and in fact may not play till tues or wed perhaps as I think they get a bye don't they in first round in masters?  But while he might know the conditions, he still has to get used to them so I'd have thought he'd need a couple of days practice over there.
Yes Andy will have a bye.  However thanks to the inefficiency of his official website we aren't likely to get any info from there and I expect the first we'll hear anything will be from Andy himself on Facebook or maybe from a photo or two showing him practising in Paris.  Anyway there's no great rush since I understand the journey time by Eurostar is a mere 2hrs 15mins.  It can take you that long just to get across London!

As someone said previously the next 2 weeks will be just like a Slam.
At least in Slams they have a day's rest between matches, but then again players should be used to playing back-to-back Masters, the only difference being that the level at the WTF is consistently high.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 06:43 AM »

Let him enjoy being at home, say I. As folk have said he can easily get to Paris and have a couple of days getting used to the courts. Could go out Saturday morning and still do that.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 08:04 AM »

It wouldn't look good if he withdraws from one tournament, then goes to Paris early to prepare while everyone else is still slugging it out in Basel/Valencia.

At this stage of the year, a couple of extra days at home is going to be worth just as much or even more than getting there very early.  There's probably an indoor court nearer home with similar conditions he can practice on anyway.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 08:31 AM »

It wouldn't look good if he withdraws from one tournament, then goes to Paris early to prepare while everyone else is still slugging it out in Basel/Valencia.

At this stage of the year, a couple of extra days at home is going to be worth just as much or even more than getting there very early.  There's probably an indoor court nearer home with similar conditions he can practice on anyway.
Good point Sparkle.  I'm just getting into worry mode.  Whistle

IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 10:53 AM »

So looks like Andy is en route to Paris right now... ( several tweets about him at the airport!) no Andy matches for a week and half has been tough!!!
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 11:23 AM »

I did not think that Andy particularly liked planes. If he is at the airport is it not more likely that he is flying home to Surrey. If he were going to  Paris would he not go by train.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Yes he usually goes eurostar.  But if he's in Scotland then would be easier to fly to Paris from there than go back down to London to get the train. So do we know which airport?
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #40 on: October 26, 2012, 11:39 AM »

Why would he need to fly to Surrey, as far as we know he's been at home last few days per the photos of him and Kim at dinner.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #41 on: October 26, 2012, 11:41 AM »

No idea which airport, I didn't see anything to suggest he was in Scotland..
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #42 on: October 26, 2012, 11:57 AM »

He's already in Surrey, no? I was under the impression he'd been home for a few days.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #43 on: October 26, 2012, 12:04 PM »

He and Kim were at Nobo's for dinner the other night, and he's been training at the National Tennis Centre.
We have photographic evidence.  secret service agent
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #44 on: October 26, 2012, 12:14 PM »

Keep up at the back Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »