Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 14612 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #75 on: October 26, 2012, 11:38 PM »

I'm sure his focus will be mainly on the WTF and should he fall behind I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar outcome to the Mahut and Chardy matches.
He's been saying for a while now that the WTF is his main priority but I'd still like to see him win more than two matches just to make sure he's really sharp for that.  Also it would be a boost to his confidence.  On the other hand I wouldn't want him to get to the final or the semis and knacker himself, although he should be pretty fresh after the rest he's had.  Djokovic is the only other player who didn't play a tournament this week, which was wise scheduling on his part, and I suspect Fed would have been happy to skip Basel if it hadn't been 'his' tournament. 
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #76 on: October 26, 2012, 11:50 PM »

I'm sure he would, but equally I'm sure his focus will be mainly on the WTF and should he fall behind I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar outcome to the Mahut and Chardy matches.

Yes, i agree.

I think next year, however, Andy will make a point of targeting masters, too, because he mentioned it after the USO: something along the lines of how getting to the top would require being consistent at all the events...
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #77 on: October 26, 2012, 11:54 PM »

Alright thanks.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #78 on: October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM »

Yes, i agree.

I think next year, however, Andy will make a point of targeting masters, too, because he mentioned it after the USO: something along the lines of how getting to the top would require being consistent at all the events...
Without a doubt. And I'm looking forward to it. He's always been capable of beating the other top three in the best-of-3 format, and that was before this year and his massive developments. This year there's been too many half-hearted performances, largely due to him not being fully focused.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #79 on: October 27, 2012, 01:19 AM »

Andy should be a bit more relaxing mood now that he's broken the Slam jinx and won Olympics too, but then again you have the losses like to Raonic and Nole so who knows really. I do feel he's very keen on at this year's WTF. If he's heavily determined then it will be hard to stop him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #80 on: October 27, 2012, 01:36 AM »

help  Does anyone know if, as a result of the clocks going back on Saturday night, UK time will be two hours behind Paris rather than just one?  I've tried checking it out but I'm still confused.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #81 on: October 27, 2012, 01:45 AM »

A potential Federer/Nishikori match-up in R3 could be interesting.

Federer's probably got the toughest draw for once.

Bye - Baghdatis/Simon - Nishikori - Berdych - Murray

This will be an interesting test for him, if the seeds don't get knocked out early which always seems the way.

I wonder how many of the top 8 will 'tank', for lack of a better word.

Klizan/Berdych also an interesting potential R3 and potentially Gasquet/Berdych QF. Kohly/Cilic, Dolgopolov/Tipsarevic, Raonic/Djokovic.

Lots of potential shocks on show. Will be interesting to see how these matches go.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #82 on: October 27, 2012, 01:54 AM »

Bhagdatis and Simon could both beat Fed if they put their minds to it.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #83 on: October 27, 2012, 01:55 AM »

help  Does anyone know if, as a result of the clocks going back on Saturday night, UK time will be two hours behind Paris rather than just one?  I've tried checking it out but I'm still confused.

Perhaps, but I'm not 100%. Theirs might not go back until next week.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #84 on: October 27, 2012, 01:56 AM »

Somehow I don't see either Nole or Federer tanking.

But the other players apart from Andy, do they really fancy tanking here in Paris? Because in order for them to tank it, they will have to make sure that they get WTF and that's highly unlikely, so I don't see them in the same situation as Andy. Though they still might tank if they are too fatigued.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #85 on: October 27, 2012, 01:56 AM »

A potential Federer/Nishikori match-up in R3 could be interesting.

Federer's probably got the toughest draw for once.

Lots of potential shocks on show. Will be interesting to see how these matches go.

Absolutely.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #86 on: October 27, 2012, 02:02 AM »

Bhagdatis and Simon could both beat Fed if they put their minds to it.
Baggy?.. nah, bag's got a bit crumpled.

Simon?..still a wiley fox.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #87 on: October 27, 2012, 02:08 AM »

I can still see both beating fed lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #88 on: October 27, 2012, 02:18 AM »

Perhaps, but I'm not 100%. Theirs might not go back until next week.
We should find out on Sunday because I've just noticed that the official website gives the local time as well as the time in other areas, which might be helpful for members who live outside the UK.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #89 on: October 27, 2012, 09:27 AM »

Aileen my diary says that European Summer Time ends tomorrow so I guess Paris changes too and Sky coverage starts at 10am which is consistent with an 11am start in Paris.
I see Cilic has been beaten by Dodig in Valencia so that might not do much for his confidence.
This looks like a nice draw for Andy though just possible he could stumble in R2 against Mathieu who seems to be making a come back and those 2nd rounds after a bye when a top player is cold can be when they're caught out.  And much will depend on the state of his back I guess [at risk of being dubbed a drama queen  Whistle ]
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »