Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 17882 times)
caroline
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #480 on: November 02, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Jano seems a good player... to me pretty similar to Raonic...a bit more variety than Raonic..but plays with a bit less power outside of the serve. An eventual top 5 player? ...like Raonic ...I'm not convinced. Good luck to him...in the now diddy tourno that is the masters...and thats not a slant...just a fact...all top players either underperforming or bailing out...in favour of WTF.
I agree here if he does well next year then we may have to change our opinions of him but at the mo it's to early to tell just how good he can be on a consistant basis.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #481 on: November 02, 2012, 05:43 PM »

I say Tsonga is next to go out.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #482 on: November 02, 2012, 05:44 PM »

If it wasn't before, Paris now must be seen as the weakest of the Masters tournaments. Look at the random winners (even more so this year). It's a shame cos I believe it's one of the players' favourites.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #483 on: November 02, 2012, 05:44 PM »

So Tipsa following nearly the same pattern as Andy yesterday although with neck problems forcing him to retire. But he would have lost anyway. Tbh, for the tournament this development is a nightmare, even if their players have a decent chance to win it. For the organizers it might not have come as a surprise (yet I am not quite sure if they were really aware of the danger coming with the bad schedule beforehand). But how about all the spectators hoping to see top players delivering top performances? And last but not least, how must some of the Simons, Querreys etc. feel facing half-hearted opposition? Does it spoil their joy over victory? One more word about our Polish wunderkind: he might have some more shots in his arsenal than only a massive serve (he certainly fooled Andy with his drop shots which actually Andy should have used). And I definitely appreciate his achievement of beating all these high-ranked players in this tournament, and Yes, he deserves being emotionally overwhelmed by it. Nevertheless, I cannot bring myself to like this type of player who serves 22 aces in a match (apart from service winners) and where I sit waiting for rare rallies. It has a reason why I admire the finesse of Andy's game style. If only he could have served one or the other ace/service winner more on all the recent match point! Or am I biased?
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #484 on: November 02, 2012, 05:47 PM »

Roll on next week and the WTF.Dont care who wins this tourny now was hopeing Ferrer or Simon but who knows such strange things are happening.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #485 on: November 02, 2012, 05:51 PM »

Paris is a great tournament and I love indoors. They just need to reschedule it better.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #486 on: November 02, 2012, 05:52 PM »

Why do people always discredit these emerging players who all hold wins over top 10 players, and say they won't ever be top 5? Who the hell is going to be top 5 then because these are the ones we're hearing about now, if not them, then WHO? Murray, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer aren't going to remain on top all the time... christ.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #487 on: November 02, 2012, 05:53 PM »

I think your biased counter puncher but then so are all the MW fans.No seriously it's not about being biased i myself prefer more style and flair and deft touch i not that enamoured with big servers.Andy brings so much to his matches i think we are deff spoilt.And i for one like that if big servers take over the game i for one wont be watching.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #488 on: November 02, 2012, 06:01 PM »

I said a while ago Tsonga and Ferrer will be the only ones that wont go out because they won't consider themselves able to win the WTF.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #489 on: November 02, 2012, 06:16 PM »

How does Simon cope with Berdych so well whereas Murray often struggles?

Well one reason was that Big Bird's UEs were astronomical, always helps.  Whistle
These huge hitting players are well nigh unbeatable when they're ground strokes are falling in, but there's no room for error and, if the timings out, the games out. Think of Rosol would've beaten anyone that day, haven't heard of him since.
They don't usually have plan B, as the top 4 do. It's what distinguishes them IMHO.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #490 on: November 02, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Ferrer or Tsonga please, anyone but Berdych!!
Great Berdytch is out, still going for Ferrer or Tsonga.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #491 on: November 02, 2012, 07:02 PM »

Why do people always discredit these emerging players who all hold wins over top 10 players, and say they won't ever be top 5? Who the hell is going to be top 5 then because these are the ones we're hearing about now, if not them, then WHO? Murray, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer aren't going to remain on top all the time... christ.
That's how I feel.  You don't have to like their style, or be convinced they'll ever be as good as the current top players when they reach their own peak, but with two of the top five in their thirties, and just one player younger than Andy and Nole (Delpo), gaps are going to open up and someone's got to fill them, and the current favourites aren't that inspiring.

I don't think you have to enjoy watching a player's style to accept they have promise.  It's clearly still very early days to work out how far someone like Janowicz is going reach eventually, and so many things could trip him up en route, but he's doing things right this week. 

As for Tipsarevic, it's pathetic that he couldn't hang in there to allow his opponent a proper win.  He already had the trainer on, so could have just looked a bit pained while the match played out if he wanted to make a show of not being at his best.  It's not as if missing out those last few points will save him energy for next week, not that he's got much of a chance there anyway.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #492 on: November 02, 2012, 07:02 PM »

So Tipsa following nearly the same pattern as Andy yesterday although with neck problems forcing him to retire. But he would have lost anyway. Tbh, for the tournament this development is a nightmare, even if their players have a decent chance to win it. For the organizers it might not have come as a surprise (yet I am not quite sure if they were really aware of the danger coming with the bad schedule beforehand). But how about all the spectators hoping to see top players delivering top performances? And last but not least, how must some of the Simons, Querreys etc. feel facing half-hearted opposition? Does it spoil their joy over victory? One more word about our Polish wunderkind: he might have some more shots in his arsenal than only a massive serve (he certainly fooled Andy with his drop shots which actually Andy should have used). And I definitely appreciate his achievement of beating all these high-ranked players in this tournament, and Yes, he deserves being emotionally overwhelmed by it. Nevertheless, I cannot bring myself to like this type of player who serves 22 aces in a match (apart from service winners) and where I sit waiting for rare rallies. It has a reason why I admire the finesse of Andy's game style. If only he could have served one or the other ace/service winner more on all the recent match point! Or am I biased?
No, not biased CP, but Andy came up against a different kind of tennis player yesterday - one who foxed him somewhat with the way he played tennis and who he couldn't get to grips with - neither could Tipsy today, he'll know next time and will have thought out the right way to combat him.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #493 on: November 02, 2012, 07:08 PM »

Annnnnnnnnnnd Ferrer breaks Tsonga. 4-2 Ferrer 1st set.

Bye bye Tonga.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #494 on: November 02, 2012, 07:11 PM »

^Yer mising something Emma.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »