Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)  (Read 13468 times)
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #510 on: November 02, 2012, 08:10 PM »

At least, Ferrer seems like a genuine contender.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #511 on: November 02, 2012, 08:12 PM »

Querrey deserves the most so I am pulling for him.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #512 on: November 02, 2012, 08:12 PM »

At least, Ferrer seems like a genuine contender.
Seems?........"is"......more like, c'mon daaaaavid.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #513 on: November 02, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Well thank god for that then because if Ferrer wasnt a genuine contender jj could win it and he may still do that.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #514 on: November 02, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Sam Querrey...My Man...let's do it.

IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #515 on: November 02, 2012, 09:23 PM »

All-French final?
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #516 on: November 02, 2012, 09:28 PM »

Circe what were the crowd like it always feels like he dosent get much support from the French crowd when your watching it on the tv.Why that would be i dont know maybe it was just my imagination.
It's an,erm, interesting crowd.  Their preferences seem to be based on citizenship - anti-Spanish and American for sure.  So very little Ferrer support against swiss Stan.  And I understand from a friend that racist chants are not unknown :shudder:  

On the plus side, UK fans could learn something about getting behind their Andy.  I was pro-Tsongo and so the gladitorial circus and Mexican waves was great to be part of.  BTW that bongo was totally tourney-endorsed - it was coming from one of the blue sponsor and friend stands.

In Andy's second match, the crowd started as pro-Andy, but they were even more pro-giant slayers.  And given the topsy-turvy nature of this event historically, they get plenty of it.

By the second half of the first set, some pretty unpleasant characters sat behind me, yelling at Andy to double-fault.  So it was fairly horrid when I picked up my stuff on Andy's match point ready to go, only for him to completely wig out on 3 consecutive points.  But I'm an Andy fan because of the rollercoaster, not despite it.  And now I've seen him play twice, so I'm still hugging myself,

Now time for bed - I went straight to work from the airport this morning so I've had about 27 hrs of tennis and 10 hours of sleep in the last 3 days.  But I totally want to do it again next year.

IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #517 on: November 02, 2012, 09:37 PM »

All-French final?
Mmm.  I'll take the other side. Ferrer to bt Jerzy I reckon.  Ferrer incapable of tanking, and at this stage of career would value Masters title more than making up the numbers in London.  Jerzy hot and muscling in on Raonic hype.

But some impressive French performances on home soil that's for sure.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #518 on: November 02, 2012, 09:43 PM »

It's an,erm, interesting crowd.  Their preferences seem to be based on citizenship - anti-Spanish and American for sure.  So very little Ferrer support against swiss Stan.  And I understand from a friend that racist chants are not unknown :shudder: 

On the plus side, UK fans could learn something about getting behind their Andy.  I was pro-Tsongo and so the gladitorial circus and Mexican waves was great to be part of.  BTW that bongo was totally tourney-endorsed - it was coming from one of the blue sponsor and friend stands.

In Andy's second match, the crowd started as pro-Andy, but they were even more pro-giant slayers.  And given the topsy-turvy nature of this event historically, they get plenty of it.

By the second half of the first set, some pretty unpleasant characters sat behind me, yelling at Andy to double-fault.  So it was fairly horrid when I picked up my stuff on Andy's match point ready to go, only for him to completely wig out on 3 consecutive points.  But I'm an Andy fan because of the rollercoaster, not despite it.  And now I've seen him play twice, so I'm still hugging myself,

Now time for bed - I went straight to work from the airport this morning so I've had about 27 hrs of tennis and 10 hours of sleep in the last 3 days.  But I totally want to do it again next year.

Well at least you enjoyed it regardless of a partizan crowd.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #519 on: November 02, 2012, 09:46 PM »

Thanks so much for your Ground Zero report, circe.

It's great to hear first-hand reports.

Did you take any pics? Would love to see them. Smile
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #520 on: November 02, 2012, 09:54 PM »

Thanks so much for your Ground Zero report, circe.

It's great to hear first-hand reports.

Did you take any pics? Would love to see them. Smile

Sorry scotnadian - I'm a weird non-camera person.  Occassionally, I half regretted that, what with being touching distance from Tipsy, Monaco, Raonic, Querry, Almagro and pretty, pretty Feli.  And overlooking the net after 10pm for Ferrer-Wawarinka and the Raonic-Chardy snoozefest.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #521 on: November 02, 2012, 10:00 PM »

I see Marray and his partner are into the SFs.   
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #522 on: November 02, 2012, 10:03 PM »

Sorry scotnadian - I'm a weird non-camera person.  Occassionally, I half regretted that, what with being touching distance from Tipsy, Monaco, Raonic, Querry, Almagro and pretty, pretty Feli.  And overlooking the net after 10pm for Ferrer-Wawarinka and the Raonic-Chardy snoozefest.

I feel for you seeing that snoozefest, I really do!
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #523 on: November 02, 2012, 10:05 PM »

I feel for you seeing that snoozefest, I really do!

I swear: if Milos and Janko are the next generation, I'm going to skip it.  C'mon Kei!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #524 on: November 02, 2012, 10:18 PM »

I swear: if Milos and Janko are the next generation, I'm going to skip it.  C'mon Kei!

I don't mind Janowicz, but Raonic is extremely BORING!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »