Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 14688 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #525 on: November 02, 2012, 10:22 PM »

Ach.. too bad you didn't take pics, circe. I loooove real life ones Smile

I think in a roundabout sort of way that we can't blame the new generation of the giant servers. They've been watching the game of chess portrayed by our current outstanding top players, and have had to figure out a way to get ahead.

Andy grew up watching and admiring Fed's game (love him or loathe him, he is an outstanding tennis player).. convinced his mum that Spain was the place to be (as per conversation with Rafa).. and went on to play with Nole when they were both rookies.
There were so many ingredients that went into the pot that made 'Andy.'

I have no doubt these are Golden Years with these guys.. we should appreciate this era while it lasts, because these days will be over in the blink of an eye.

IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #526 on: November 02, 2012, 10:34 PM »

Well lets hope we get to see some fireworks on Monday.The Paris Masters has been as dull as ditch water.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #527 on: November 02, 2012, 10:41 PM »

Well lets hope we get to see some fireworks on Monday.The Paris Masters has been as dull as ditch water.

Disagree and actually very unfair. The best players are still in. The guys that are out just weren't good enough.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #528 on: November 02, 2012, 10:47 PM »

Eh well you cant win em all.And the cream of the crop is gonna be at the WTF.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #529 on: November 02, 2012, 11:09 PM »

They sure are caroline and I would not miss it for the world!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #530 on: November 03, 2012, 12:01 AM »

Disagree and actually very unfair. The best players are still in. The guys that are out just weren't good enough.

What a ridiculous comment, and yes, I know BN is goading, and no I'm not apologising, either for the comment or taking the bait. Pathetic BN, and cheap, even by your standards.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #531 on: November 03, 2012, 12:08 AM »

The one good thing about these huge servers is that should they take over the game I would save a fortune. My Sky Sport subscription would be cancelled and it would be back to the old days of just seeing Queens and Wimbledon, especially if it happened after Andy and Novak are gone.

Also, the day Raonic wins a major, apart from my opinion that it will snow in hell, will be the day I watch my last tennis match. Dull, dull, dull.

Serving like that is fine, but I prefer my tennis with a bit of flair and finesse.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #532 on: November 03, 2012, 12:16 AM »

Well the style of Tennis is always going to change. I'm not going to stop watching because I can adjust to it I guess. Saying that, I honestly don't think the big servers will get far. Raonic is a future top 5 player imo, BUT I think he is going to adjust his game to get there. I don't see him having much success with the big serving alone.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #533 on: November 03, 2012, 02:17 AM »

Why do people always discredit these emerging players who all hold wins over top 10 players, and say they won't ever be top 5? Who the hell is going to be top 5 then because these are the ones we're hearing about now, if not them, then WHO? Murray, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer aren't going to remain on top all the time... christ.
Nishikori, Dimitrov, Tomic, Raonic, Harrison, Krajinovic, Saville, Peliwo, Edmund, Quinzi, Coric..

Not a player having one good tournament where most of the top guys are nowhere near their best.

Is everybody ignoring when I reel off this list?

Don't get me wrong, Janowicz has had a cracking week. But we really can't read too much into this tournament given the circumstances.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #534 on: November 03, 2012, 02:20 AM »

And I think Simon will beat Janowicz. Can't say I'm too surprised he beat Tipsarevic. He's taking advantage of the ridiculous scheduling and fair play to him, but this run is very much a one-off. I seriously doubt we will see him taking out top 20 players on a regular basis.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #535 on: November 03, 2012, 02:32 AM »

In-fact, it's amazing how fickle some are. After yesterday many were trying to make out it was a Rosol-esque flash in the pan, he would lose to Tipsarevic then never be heard of again.

Now he's top 5 material?

Gimme a break. This isn't a flash in the pan, but equally he will probably never have a run like this (4x wins against top 20 players, including 2x against top 10) in his career. Clearly a very capable player, and will continue to put in good performances in the future. But equally it's clear that some of his wins, particularly the last two, are hollow wins and it's very unlikely the result would be the same when he meets them again.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #536 on: November 03, 2012, 02:38 AM »

The one good thing about these huge servers is that should they take over the game I would save a fortune. My Sky Sport subscription would be cancelled and it would be back to the old days of just seeing Queens and Wimbledon, especially if it happened after Andy and Novak are gone.

Also, the day Raonic wins a major, apart from my opinion that it will snow in hell, will be the day I watch my last tennis match. Dull, dull, dull.

Serving like that is fine, but I prefer my tennis with a bit of flair and finesse.

I think we all get it by now tj that you, in your own words, "despise" the young Milos.
Such a shame he and other youngsters went to all that work and sacrifice for the love of their sport just to disappoint you.

I'm confident the beautiful game of tennis will continue without your subscription.

I'm also not a fan of The Big Servers.. but I do appreciate the sheer graft and commitment these guys give to their craft.. and I am open minded to the possibilities of players whom I consider to currently be works in progress.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #537 on: November 03, 2012, 03:08 AM »

Not every player who possesses a good first serve or is taller than 6'5 is a boring powerhouse player. I'm sure people on here would love it if Murray hammered down 15+ aces a match. Hypocritical, to say the least.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #538 on: November 03, 2012, 05:58 AM »

^ I certainly would. Would make my life a whole lot easier if he had a serve like that...

It's somewhat true though that these tall, big servers usually lack a great ground game and movement and rely on their serves far too heavily. But that doesn't go for Janowicz at all IMO. I thought he moved very well on court, especially for his height.

I get the feeling that some people on here despise whoever poses a challenge to Andy (at least if it's a younger/unproven player), because they don't like to see him lose. That's okay, but there is no need to insult players just because they posses a powerful serve. I'm not really a fan of that type of game either, but every player has his strengths and weaknesses.

The only thing I don't really like about Raonic is his arrogance in interviews. I thought he was a little disrespectful prior to the his USO matches against Andy and Blake, saying every match is on his raquet, basically. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, as he's still pretty young.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #539 on: November 03, 2012, 06:37 AM »

TMH can't think of many  player under 6'4" who "hammer down aces." In the past Sampras possibly, but don't know how tall he was. Roddick b4 his shoulder gave up?
Xtra height gives them a huge advantage, not just in power but also in the trajectory.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »