Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 14691 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #555 on: November 03, 2012, 01:20 PM »

Just confirms my dislike of Tipsy.
Re JJ and the comparison with Gulbis: one big difference I think is that Gulbis the little rich boy never had sufficient motivation to put in the hard graft whereas I think JJ, who I understand comes from a poor background, does.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #556 on: November 03, 2012, 02:00 PM »

Apparently so.  I'm sure I read his parents had to really put themselves out to give him a break, which combined with injuries, is a good explanation for why he could be very good, despite breaking through relatively late.

Knowing how much it would mean to him and his whole family is one of the reasons I was better able to take his victory over Andy.  It felt mean spirited to put my desire for Andy to narrow the ranking gap with Roger/Nole over a massive breakthrough performance/tournament for a talented player who has put in the hard graft and tough sacrifices.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #557 on: November 03, 2012, 02:01 PM »

JJ just broken Simon to love, leads 3-2.
3 aces each already.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #558 on: November 03, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Well the style of Tennis is always going to change. I'm not going to stop watching because I can adjust to it I guess. Saying that, I honestly don't think the big servers will get far. Raonic is a future top 5 player imo, BUT I think he is going to adjust his game to get there. I don't see him having much success with the big serving alone.

I agree. Tennis is going to change from time to time and true fans will always stick to it. On the other forum, I've read countless times from Federer fans mainly, how they hate the type of tennis now - meaning they simply hate Nole, Andy, Nadal's style of play who they find very, very defensive - so I see it as another sets of complaints by fans who are biased and aren't true fans of tennis. And you can see here the opposite so it goes both ways. I lived through the 90s and that era was dominated by the big servers, big guys, big time players and I simply loved it. The only thing I am not a big fan of is when I see a match between players of  similar style - be it Andy vs Nole or Sampras vs Ivanisevic. But still, I enjoyed it very much though the latter I found much more intense, because there was absolutely no margin for error, so it would keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time, that is, if it was a big match. I actually really and truly hated the match between Nadal vs Nole at this year's AO, as it was longer than I'd expected and I found it very difficult to sit through the whole match. But you know, that's very subjective. I am sure many loved it.

Anyway, I forgot who mentioned it here but Sampras was 6'1" and was never known as a power player. He was more about precision and accuracy. Whatever power he had, like Federer, it was very natural and that's why you'd never see him grunt because he didn't need extra power. And I agree with MH. If Andy had a very big, reliable serve, some of the fans would have never complained about that, so it is quite hypocritical of them. Think about the times it would have gotten Andy out of trouble in the past and he probably would have won a few Slams by now.

Re: today's big servers, other than karlovic (even he is not that bad), I don't think today's big servers are all about serve, though, I would say the 90s big server were much more complete and were bigger players in terms of name and fame. Most of them won Slams for a start.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #559 on: November 03, 2012, 02:26 PM »

Finally watching JJ, guys. He's taken the first set 6-4. On serve in the 2nd. Hope he wins and makes his biggest career final to date here.

Typically young players, like JJ, tend to go out in the next round after a big win, but JJ has been able to keep his head together since then and in fact, looks very motivated after that big win. That's awesome. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #560 on: November 03, 2012, 03:05 PM »

JJ breaks Simon just in time to close it in 2. What a beautiful player this JJ is. Calm and collected and his tennis is awesome. Love his forehand and his net game.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #561 on: November 03, 2012, 03:08 PM »

Well well well jj serveing for match serves the Frenchies Bl..dy well right.I said they should be carefull what they wish for,they were rooting for him to beat Andy thinking if the top guys got knocked out there guys would stand a better chance of winning this tourny.There the same every year it,s backed fired on them again hehehe.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #562 on: November 03, 2012, 03:10 PM »

That jjs drop shot mad and it works nearly every time.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #563 on: November 03, 2012, 03:11 PM »

And JJ wins! A qualifier is in Masters indoors final. Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, ay ay!

IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #564 on: November 03, 2012, 03:11 PM »

And so jj wins it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #565 on: November 03, 2012, 03:13 PM »

And if JJ wins the title, we can always say that our Andy, after all, went out to the eventual Champion, you understand? lol
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #566 on: November 03, 2012, 03:26 PM »

I wasn't worried when Andy lost to JJ even though he 'tried' his best, but he didn't 'play' his best. What did worry me though was at one point during the match, he kind of cocked his foot upwards and looked at the toe of his shoe and I immediately thought of the damaged toenail. It takes quite a while to grow back, so I do hope he hasn't done more damage there. Did anyone else notice that?
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #567 on: November 03, 2012, 03:28 PM »

I wasn't worried when Andy lost to JJ even though he 'tried' his best, but he didn't 'play' his best. What did worry me though was at one point during the match, he kind of cocked his foot upwards and looked at the toe of his shoe and I immediately thought of the damaged toenail. It takes quite a while to grow back, so I do hope he hasn't done more damage there. Did anyone else notice that?
Yes I noticed that, but I'm sure he'll have it well padded and strapped for his practices and matches.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #568 on: November 03, 2012, 03:55 PM »

Someone tweeted that they had seen Andy limping off the Eurostar - perhaps his toe is bothering him.  Better that than his back I would think.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #569 on: November 03, 2012, 04:00 PM »

Jerzy Janowicz you beauty!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »