Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November)

(Read 16581 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #615 on: November 04, 2012, 04:25 PM »

So pleased for David. At long last. yay yay yay
Must be catching Rafa abd as there are rumours going round Rafa won't play AO, well who knows? Think

@ Masaka
Well, I think JJ just ran right out of steam. He looked shredded in the second set. Kept fighting for most of it though clap
@dex
I saw that too and was mighty puzzled. It's taken an age for him to haul himself up.
However, at the beginning of the year he took on new coach, new racquet and new fitness regime and it seems to be paying off.
Will be very interesting to see how he does from now on.

Agree with you about David and JJ. I haven't been able to watch much of the tournament but saw a bit of today's match and thought JJ looked completely shattered. He played two qualifying rounds before his amazing run in the main draw, so it must have been an exhausting and emotional week.

IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #616 on: November 04, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Very happy for Ferrer!!! Hurray!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #617 on: November 04, 2012, 04:44 PM »

So pleased for David!  yay yay What a season it's been for him - highest number of titles, his best year in the slams and now a Masters title. Smile

I think we'll be seeing more of Janowicz in the future - look forward to watching his matches.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #618 on: November 04, 2012, 04:53 PM »

I did not bother to see the match after JJ failed to hold his serve to go up to 3-1 lead in the 2nd set. It became too obvious to me that he was going to get broken next and Ferrer was going to cruise to clinch his first ever Masters title in the absence of the other top players. True, Ferrer struggle too to hold his serve at times but JJ is so inexperienced and had a tougher road to the final, so it was almost given that he was going to collapse mentally in the final sooner rather than later. Even physically he didn't look all that fresh.

I found JJ's run to the final much more deserving and impressive than Ferrer's. He, after all, probably took out the best player of this tournament and didn't give up after that and went on to beat the likes of Tipsy, Simon etc. Besides, I don't like Ferrer's nonstop grinding style. Most of the times, it was JJ who was taking the initiatives and that kept the match interesting. What I really liked about him is that, he kept the points short which I feel is a great strategy against a grinder like Ferrer. It didn't pay off today but it will eventually.

I bet Ferrer will be just as healthy next week as well until he faces Federer, where he will once again fold like cheap laundry even at this age of Federere's career.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #619 on: November 04, 2012, 04:57 PM »

I'm glad for Ferrer because it means so much more to him to win.  For JJ it was great to have got to the final.  Had Ferrer lost a Masters final yet again would have been utterly demoralising for him and while he may be a grinder he gives his all and seems like a lovely person.  But I fear I agree ej that he'll fold once more against smugfed.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #620 on: November 04, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Delighted for Ferrer.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #621 on: November 04, 2012, 05:29 PM »

Hi All,

I fell asleep and missed the end of the match (very late night last night, babysitting) but I'm chuffed for David Ferrer. The thing is, Ferrer has had a great year, and being truthful, it is simply too late for him to win a major, unless something weird happens, so this was huge for him, and he deserved it. Personally I don't really care about how he arrived in the final, or what he will do next week (this is likely to kill any chance he might have had, even the remote chance), today he won, so all credit to him. clap clap

It seemed clear to me that this was one match too far for JJ. He looked knackered before he'd struck a ball. I don't like this thing about taking medication before each match, regardless of what they are. I'm sure he has aches and pains from his exertions this week, but so does everyone else. It's the end of the season, deal with it. In a way I'm reminded of Andy early on when looking at JJ. In Andy's early days, as we all know, there was talk of him not being fit for matches, so he worked and got fit. If JJ can put the work in so that he can go the distance with those at the top, he could be scary in the future. We'll see. Credit to him for getting to his first Masters final though, what an achievement.

I still don't like the crowds in Paris. I don't disagree much with Petch, but I do disagree that Paris is the best Masters. Sure, it throws up the odd surprise, but give me Miami, Toronto and Cincy any day.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #622 on: November 04, 2012, 06:05 PM »

I was out today so missed the Ferrer JJ match so glad Ferrer won.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #623 on: November 04, 2012, 06:46 PM »

Delighted for Ferrer to get his 1st Masters win after so many years of trying.  Interestingly, since the start of 2008 that's only the 9th time a 'top' tournament has not been won by the Big 4.  That's only 9 out of 70 (Slams, Masters, WTF, Olympics)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #624 on: November 04, 2012, 11:27 PM »

I didn't see any of this.

Congratulations to Daveed... a hard worker and so very well deserved.  clap
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #625 on: November 04, 2012, 11:50 PM »

Yes, I'd like to extend my congratulations to Ferrer as well. He's been very solid throughout the week and once the top guys fell out one by one, I had not doubt he was going to win his first Masters title right here in Paris. I think he could have become one of the greatest players of all time if he had a better game and if he was a few inches taller, but still, he's done more than enough. His dedication is highly noteworthy. He takes every tournament very seriously and gives his best win or loss. There's never a lack of motivation or whatsoever. I can see only Federer being this dedicated in this era. Very good role model IMO.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #626 on: November 04, 2012, 11:51 PM »

Yes, I'd like to extend my congratulations to Ferrer as well. He's been very solid throughout the week and once the top guys fell out one by one, I had not doubt he was going to win his first Masters title right here in Paris. I think he could have become one of the greatest players of all time if he had a better game and if he was a few inches taller, but still, he's done more than enough. His dedication is highly noteworthy. He takes every tournament very seriously and gives his best win or loss. There's never a lack of motivation or whatsoever. I can see only Federer being this dedicated in this era. Very good role model IMO.

Despite the 60 a day.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #627 on: November 05, 2012, 12:07 AM »

^Crunches, not the fags, right? Very Happy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #628 on: November 05, 2012, 12:15 AM »

A friend of mine when who has seen Ferrer in Europe this year told me recently that he's even more of a beast in person. Couldn't tell if that was a compliment. I'd think so because he likes all the Spanish players.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy Murray - Paris Masters 2012 (29th October - 5th November) « Reply #629 on: November 06, 2012, 11:47 PM »

^Crunches, not the fags, right? Very Happy

Nope, fags.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »