Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray site 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy Murray site

(Read 2174 times)
Bogofan
Andy Murray site « on: September 25, 2005, 09:54 PM »

The 1st ever Andy Murray site is now back up-to-date:

Check out www.freewebs.com/andrewmurray

For archived Andy Murray news visit: www.freewebs.com/murrayarchive

The site has Andy's own personal approval.

By the way MurraysWorld is a great site as well.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Andy Murray site « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 10:07 PM »

lol well since we're doing an 'advertising' of websites here....

i'll mention vamosrafael.com .....a rafael nadal site, but hey if you're not a fan of nadal, don't fret! ...ive set up an Andy Murray thread where we talk everything and anything about him so come and visit! we've already had a new user say hello in the past 5 mins   w00t
[ Last edit by top_spin June 12, 2007, 02:57 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Andy Murray site « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 10:47 PM »

Ok kewl, Bogofan, what do you mean exactly when you say it has Andy's personal approval. How did you get in touch with him?
IP Logged
Bogofan
Andy Murray site « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 11:08 PM »

I started the site in 2003 after Andy beat Wesley Moodie in the Manchester Challenger. I watched that match and it was clear that Andy was a future star. After the match, I asked him if it was ok to start a website and he said yeah. I knew Jamie Murray and so when I had set it up he told Andy and he said it was great.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Andy Murray site « Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 11:46 PM »

:?  Am I the only one who thinks it's bad netiquette to register just to advertise another site?

Mark's worked incredibly hard setting this up, and although I'll pop over and have a look, I'll stick with this particular Andy site as it was the first one I found devoted to Andy's tennis career.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Andy Murray site « Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 12:10 AM »

Thanks for caring Tally - it can be slightly annoying, especially if they register just for purpose of advertising. However I'm pretty confident that people won't decide to move from here to another Murray website considering our active community.

I think Bogofan can be let off considering how long he has been following Andy's career, he is a true fan.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Tally « Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 07:43 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks it's bad netiquette to register just to advertise another site?

I agree and it's rather a slap in the face to mention that it has Andy's approval. Bad form.

Will he be advertising Mark's site on his I wonder?
IP Logged
Bogofan
Andy Murray site « Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 08:23 AM »

The murraysworld site was advertised on my site by mark or someone else so I'm just doing the same.
IP Logged
n_fellows

The more links the better! « Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 08:50 AM »

Hi guys,

As Andy's career progresses, a lot more people will be interested in information about him, his stats, latest reports, etc.  I am sure that, in the not too distant future he will have a web-site that will be set up by his various sponsors, his management, etc.  Of course, the more information fans can access the better for his career in terms of sponsor interest, support, etc.

In the meantime, I have found this website to be an excellent (and bang up-to-date) source of information, and sincere congratulations to Mark for setting it up -  and more importantly, for keeping it up to date, and constantly working on it.  

As fans, it is nice to know that other websites are there, and get extra info.  It would be nice if all of these sites could work together - perhaps with a "Other Murray Web-Sites Link".  This will get round any hard feeling with advertising on each others' sites.  Perhaps even more importantly, the more links that exist for this (and other) Andy Murray sites, the higher they will appear on searches from Google, Yahoo, etc.

In the meantime, keep up the good work!

Kind regards

Nick.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Andy Murray site « Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 12:13 PM »

Bogofan, I did notice from my statistics the other day that my site was linked from your Guestbook. But it wasn't me and neither did I tell anyone to advertise my site on yours, so it was someone else.

There comes a point where if your site is respected enough, you naturally get 'backlinks' from other sites without doing anything. Just like my site was linked from top_spin's forum in the Murray thread, I had no influence in that link being posted.

n_fellows, thanks for your comments and I agree it would be nice if all the Murray sites could come to an agreement to link to each other and I do believe you are correct in regards to Google etc. as some of the Murray sites out there are not even linked to and if they were linked from relevant sites we would see a whole lot of Murray sites show up together which would help the user doing the search.
IP Logged
wombleme

Andy Murray site « Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 01:32 PM »

If anyone wants to add a murray link to their site, and can work out the complicated tables  Shock
You can add links to your site on my site at http://www.andymurrayfans.com/Edit.php?OnMap=1&title=Links
A link back would be nice but isn't required. Link communitys would help all murray sites as their all (with the exception of Bogofan's) pretty new.
  That said, google is annoying in that if you get too many links too fast it punishes you, silly google....
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Andy Murray site « Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 01:37 PM »

I think it's a bit of a myth that you can get punished for having too many links back to your website in a short period of time, there is no evidence to suggest this. However you can get punished for bad outbound links, other than that you won't have anything to worry about, especially if the links are relevant.
IP Logged
Bogofan
Andy Murray site « Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 03:30 PM »

I agree that it would be nice to set up a network of Murray sites as after all we are all supporting the same cause
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Andy Murray site « Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 05:18 PM »

i had started my own site at www.freewebs.com/mountmurray but I kept on deleting everything and got annoyed.  This one is much better than mine but i could try and improve it.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Andy Murray site « Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 09:31 PM »

Quote from: Mark
There comes a point where if your site is respected enough, you naturally get 'backlinks' from other sites without doing anything. Just like my site was linked from top_spin's forum in the Murray thread, I had no influence in that link being posted.

sorry for 'advertising' Mark!  Frown but you must know, you've got some support from people that don't register but just read the forums from other sites!   Very Happy it's a great site here - and the forums are full of friendly people!

It's such a tricky job....i moderate the Russian forum on vr.com and although it's not a 'busy' job, i know how much work can go into the graphics and organisation of these forums!  great job you're doing here! Very Happy
[ Last edit by top_spin June 12, 2007, 02:59 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »